Don't f.ck with the Lewises

Postby peterchecksfield » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:07 pm

PirateHook wrote:I really want it, i can trade it for something

Email me: peterchecksfield@gmail :wink:
peterchecksfield

Postby hamd01 » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:41 pm

She really is full of the preverbial. Some of the things she says are so far off the mark it leads you to question anything she says. At the end of it I was actually left wondering if the "gun point" hold up was a set-up.....

Aside from that, I do actually feel sorry for her, in that she obviously idolises Jerry, and I get the impression he hasn't been to see her for a long time, or visa versa. Families eh...
hamd01

Postby Tony Papard » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:46 pm

hamd01 wrote:She really is full of the preverbial. Some of the things she says are so far off the mark it leads you to question anything she says. At the end of it I was actually left wondering if the "gun point" hold up was a set-up.....

Aside from that, I do actually feel sorry for her, in that she obviously idolises Jerry, and I get the impression he hasn't been to see her for a long time, or visa versa. Families eh...

Frankie's heart's in the right place, but she let's her vivid imagination, and her mouth, run away with her.

It is sad if she never sees her brother, or sister. Come to that, I rarely see mine, nor does my mother see him unless I prompt him, then it's usually a 2 hour visit when he's in London for a business meeting.

As you say .... families!
Long ago in Ferriday down in Louisiana, They all watched Jerry play and pump that old piana

My blog: http://www.tonypapard.info/

My Jerry Lee Lewis page:
http://www.btinternet.com/~tony.papard/JERRYLEELEWIS.HTM
Tony Papard

Re: Don't f.ck with the Lewises

Postby PeterC » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:48 am

PeterC

Postby jayhawks » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:33 am

OMG- what kind of documentary is THAT?!! :mrgreen:
I'm a rollin' stone all alone and lost
For a life of sin I have paid the cost
When I pass by all the people say
Just another guy on the lost highway
jayhawks

Postby Piet » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:39 pm

jayhawks wrote:OMG- what kind of documentary is THAT?!! :mrgreen:

Didn't you see that before :shock:
My life will never be the same.
Piet

Postby PeterC » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:35 pm

Piet wrote:

What's the name of Frankie's daughter in this clip?
PeterC

Postby yorkshire88 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:15 pm

PeterC wrote:
Piet wrote:

What's the name of Frankie's daughter in this clip?

That is Marian, Frankie's second daughter behind Mamie, and the only one to remain in Ferriday. A fiery little minx......
yorkshire88

Postby yorkshire88 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:12 pm

That was a weekly occurance during my stay in Ferriday. I recall an incident in April '96 where ex-police chief Frank Ricard (involved in the '64 Frank Morris murder case and other KKK investigations around Ferriday/Natchez at that time) just strolls into the drive-thru, picks up a bottle of whisky without paying for it and walks off. Frank Ricard regarded himself as a family friend, having known the Lewises for many years, but Frankie Jean never really liked him (she always thought he abused his powers around town), and as soon as she heard about the incident from Melinda (Frankie Jean's youngest daughter), all hell broke loose. Frankie Jean ran into the drive-thru waving a shotgun about, Marian picks up the baseball bat from behind the counter, terrified customers roll up their car windows, and the local police are called. I don't remember seeing Frank Ricard again!
yorkshire88

Postby Tony Papard » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:28 pm

When a group of us visited the Lewis House in 1997 or 1998 as we were leaving Frankie Jean rushed out and pushed a loaded hand-gun thru the half open window of our car screamin': 'Y'all in America, y'all gotta have a gun!'

Of course we refused it, and were just thankful it hadn't gone off as she was shoving it thru the window.
Long ago in Ferriday down in Louisiana, They all watched Jerry play and pump that old piana

My Jerry Lee Lewis page:
Tony Papard

Postby jayhawks » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:30 am

Piet wrote:

no, i never saw that before... i wouldn`t mess with them either! :wink:
I'm a rollin' stone all alone and lost
For a life of sin I have paid the cost
When I pass by all the people say
Just another guy on the lost highway
jayhawks

Postby yorkshire88 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:57 am

Certainly nowhere near as artistic or interesting as the Dutch offering of 2004, but the attached clip (starts 11 mins in) shows a less-frantic Frankie-Jean (with Marian and Wayne) in the Drive-Thru 12 years earlier in 1992. This was part of a 3-part documentary called "Americana" made by Television X and presented by Jonathan Ross.

JR - "It is, of course, a huge success, so it's lucky that years of breathing carbon monoxide have apparently had no ill-effect on Frankie." Really?!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xN-Gksy6WAQ
yorkshire88

Postby PeterC » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:08 pm

yorkshire88 wrote:Certainly nowhere near as artistic or interesting as the Dutch offering of 2004, but the attached clip (starts 11 mins in) shows a less-frantic Frankie-Jean (with Marian and Wayne) in the Drive-Thru 12 years earlier in 1992. This was part of a 3-part documentary called "Americana" made by Television X and presented by Jonathan Ross.

JR - "It is, of course, a huge success, so it's lucky that years of breathing carbon monoxide have apparently had no ill-effect on Frankie." Really?!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xN-Gksy6WAQ

The documentary I posted is actually Norwegian (though it's been broadcast in other countries).

Latest update from Frankie (via her The Lewis Family Museum FB page):

Asking that you all please, please pray for my son Wayne. His girlfriend took her life yesterday and he is devastated and speechless and grieving very hard. Please pray for my son - I don't want to lose him. This is the third time this has happened to him. I can't stop crying. I have to put my son first. Please pray for him. Love you - Frankie Jean Lewis
PeterC

Postby Tony Papard » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:41 pm

That is indeed tragic about Wayne's girlfriend, but the THIRD time this has happened? Does Frankie mean three girlfriends have topped themselves? If so Wayne should surely start questioning why and what he could perhaps do to change this. Perhaps she just meant three girlfriends have died tragically, not that all three committed suicide.

My Jerry Lee Lewis page:
Tony Papard

Postby PeterC » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:52 pm

Tony Papard wrote:That is indeed tragic about Wayne's girlfriend, but the THIRD time this has happened? Does Frankie mean three girlfriends have topped themselves? If so Wayne should surely start questioning why and what he could perhaps do to change this. Perhaps she just meant three girlfriends have died tragically, not that all three committed suicide.

Two of Jerry's wives committed suicide (or were they accidents?), so did Linda Gail's 1st husband, so did MaryJean's ex (the father of her daughter Anna)...

It is indeed tragic (if it's true), but the message is completely self-centred, as always with that family. There's no mention of the poor girl's family, don't they need prayers too?
PeterC

PreviousNext

Return to Discussions