'LOOK WOT THEY DUN!' (new book by Peter C)

'LOOK WOT THEY DUN!' (new book by Peter C)

Postby PeterC » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:35 am

Hi All,

It gives me great pleasure to announce today the publication of a new book, entitled ‘LOOK WOT THEY DUN!’ (The Ultimate Guide to UK Glam Rock on TV in The ‘70s).

Whether you’re a keen collector or just someone who wants a little more insight into the music, TV and culture of the ‘70s, this is the book for you!

Featuring nearly 300 glam-packed pages, profiled are all the 1970-1979 TV performances from 50 different artists, including Slade, David Bowie, The Sweet, T. Rex, Queen, Mud, Alvin Stardust, Roxy Music, ELO, Elton John, Suzi Quatro, The Bay City Rollers, The Faces, and many more.

Amongst the many UK TV shows featured are ‘Top Of The Pops’, ‘Lift Off With Ayshea’, ‘Supersonic’, ’45’ and ‘Crackerjack’, as well as such overseas shows as ‘Musikladen’, ‘Disco’, ‘Top Pop’ and ‘Hits A Go Go’.

Also featured is a giant bonus section on Pan’s People’s many ‘Top Of The Pops’ appearances. With a foreword by Pan’s People legend Dee Dee Wilde, this really is the ultimate guide to Glam Rock on TV in the ‘70s.

‘LOOK WOT THEY DUN!’ is available from Amazon, priced £12.95 in the UK and $16.95 in the USA.

www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1795757310

www.amazon.com/dp/1795757310

PeterC

Re: 'LOOK WOT THEY DUN!' (new book by Peter C)

Postby Richard Harvey » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:20 pm

Hey Peter, I know where Dave Hill lives (about three miles from me), and I'm often by his house because I give his elderly neighbour a lift every other Sunday. Would it be any use at all to you if I got a copy of your book to him?

harveymusic@live.co.uk is my email by the way.
--
Richard Harvey

Postby PeterC » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:29 pm

Richard Harvey wrote:Hey Peter, I know where Dave Hill lives (about three miles from me), and I'm often by his house because I give his elderly neighbour a lift every other Sunday. Would it be any use at all to you if I got a copy of your book to him?

harveymusic@live.co.uk is my email by the way.

You have mail! :D
PeterC

Postby PeterC » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:03 pm

Nice review in the latest issue of 'Record Collector':

PeterC

Postby Dirk B. » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:18 pm

Congrats, Peter. Have you ever thought of doing a book like this on the TV appearances of the fifties R&R legends JLL, Chuck etc.? I'd be the first one to buy it.
Dirk B.

Postby PeterC » Wed Jun 19, 2019 2:55 pm

Dirk B. wrote:Congrats, Peter. Have you ever thought of doing a book like this on the TV appearances of the fifties R&R legends JLL, Chuck etc.? I'd be the first one to buy it.

Thanks Dirk! :D

The problem with USA 50s artists (indeed, with 60s and 70s artists from the USA), is that it is very difficult to find accurate info on regional, un-networked, shows. Also, where would the "cut-off" point be? 1960? 1970? 2019?? I haven't completely ruled it out though.
PeterC

Postby Dirk B. » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:04 pm

That may be difficult,yes. Keep up the good work!
Dirk B.

Return to Music