Youtube

Re: Youtube

Postby Maarten K. » Sat May 02, 2020 10:22 pm

wolfgangguhl wrote:Jerry Lee Lewis House of Blues Atlanta July 26, 1996
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akH7v8A ... cVR6z3NLHg

Look at all those professionals cameras's and crew. But never released or broadcasted. I wonder what the original plans were.....
Maarten K.

Postby peter molecz » Sun May 03, 2020 10:26 am

Is the date right ?
I have audios from the same date from Tropicana Hotel Las Vegas/Nevada !
Peter M.
peter molecz

Postby fede4avar » Sun May 03, 2020 10:42 am

I stabilized the video and merged the two parts of the video..Enjoy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Tp39R_ ... O-54AaABAg
fede4avar

Postby PeterC » Sun May 03, 2020 11:15 am

peter molecz wrote:

Is the date right ?
Peter M.

That's what it says on Wolfie's site too! However, he did play Atlanta Tabernacle on 23rd July, so maybe that is the correct date/location?
PeterC

Postby Piet » Sun May 03, 2020 12:46 pm

Who did discover someone special in the dressingroom? :D
My life will never be the same.
Piet

Postby PeterC » Sun May 03, 2020 12:49 pm

Piet wrote:Who did discover someone special in the dressingroom? :D

Myra! :shock:
PeterC

Postby wolfgangguhl » Sun May 03, 2020 12:56 pm

PeterC wrote:
peter molecz wrote:

Is the date right ?
Peter M.

That's what it says on Wolfie's site too! However, he did play Atlanta Tabernacle on 23rd July, so maybe that is the correct date/location?

That is the correct date. It is also the same venue. But the Tabernacle was called House Of Blues indeed at the time:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tabernacle_(concert_hall)
wolfgangguhl

Postby wolfgangguhl » Sun May 03, 2020 1:05 pm

He pushes the amplifier back, not the monitor. He is furious about the sound and piano.

Here is a strange thing I noticed about many of his shows and his life in general:
When things are running good for him, he tends to mess up. For example he often gets angry during great shows. His playing is excellent, so is the sound and piano, fans are very happy. Then out of nowhere he gets pissed off at something and his mood changes to the worse. It is very strange. He often had drastic mood changes from literally one second to the next (not so much anymore). This must have made it incredibly hard to work with him, for promoters and musicians alike. Not to forget the various women that have dealt with him. In my opinion they all tried their best, but he sure was not an easy guy to be around with. But he also was electrifying as Kenny pointed out and somewhere deep inside I think he always was a good person. A complex character for sure. Ladies and Gentlemen: The Killer!
wolfgangguhl

Postby PeterC » Sun May 03, 2020 1:12 pm

He has long suffered from manic depression (or bi-polar as most people call it these days). Some people say it is because of all the drugs, and although that may have exacerbated things, it is probably hereditary. Certainly I can name other Lewis family members who also suffer wild mood swings. This is why I've always found Kerrie easy to get along with, as her moods are far more even and normal.
PeterC

Postby Piet » Sun May 03, 2020 1:57 pm

PeterC wrote:
Piet wrote:Who did discover someone special in the dressingroom? :D

Myra! :shock:

Yep :!: Of course she lives in Atlanta so she went to his show.
Piet

Postby Stefan » Mon May 04, 2020 7:56 am

Ain´t it Judith in the beginning when Jerry is about to go on stage? :)
Stefan

Postby Piet » Mon May 04, 2020 10:33 am

Stefan wrote:Ain´t it Judith in the beginning when Jerry is about to go on stage? :)

I thought about that too but since I'm not a fan of Judith I didn't pay attention.
Lee is an anoying kid :twisted:
Piet

Postby john1 » Mon May 04, 2020 12:56 pm

I was once back stage, London, when I witnessed members of Lewis’s group bitterly complaining that they had not been paid, despite the fact that Lewis had been paid! On this occasion Lewis left his band skint in a foreign country, nice eh. I am not saying that Lewis did not pay his band, I have no idea, but I suspect the none payment is part of Jerry Lee Lewis’s ego/control. To exercise power over the less powerful in this manner is inexcusable
john1

Postby Piet » Mon May 04, 2020 1:07 pm

john1 wrote:I was once back stage, London, when I witnessed members of Lewis’s group bitterly complaining that they had not been paid, despite the fact that Lewis had been paid! On this occasion Lewis left his band skint in a foreign country, nice eh. I am not saying that Lewis did not pay his band, I have no idea, but I suspect the none payment is part of Jerry Lee Lewis’s ego/control. To exercise power over the less powerful in this manner is inexcusable

I know that Jerry wasn't involved in these matters, Al Embry, Kerrie or Phoebe (for example) are the ones who handled the moneytransaction. We know that Kenny is on the payroll so the others were paid in cash (I guess).
Jerry wouldn't go on stage before the money was handled over so indeed he was paid but the other ones should have to wait.
Not exactly the way it should go but I guess it was normal for the Lewis clan.
Piet

Postby Tumppi » Wed May 06, 2020 4:30 pm

Maarten K. wrote:

Look at all those professionals cameras's and crew. But never released or broadcasted. I wonder what the original plans were.....

I very vaguely remember seeing a brief, few seconds clip of Jerry playing "Roll Over Beethoven" on Finnish TV during the time of the Atlanta Olympics. Maybe the newsgroup was just filming what's happening in the town?

Anyway, wonderful footage indeed. It's amazing to see this kind of performance by Jerry this late. He's a completely different man compared to that tired, auto-pilot performance I saw by him only a year (almost daily) later in Helsinki. Today at work I listened a couple of audios of Jerry's July 1996 Las Vegas shows, and they were very good too. It looks like I've been wrong while thinking all JLL's concerts in the late 1990's being as robotic as that Helsinki show.
Tumppi

PreviousNext

Return to Discussions