30.05.10 Cherokee

30.05.10 Cherokee

Postby wolfgangguhl » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:31 am

JERRY LEE LEWIS
30.05.10 - Cherokee, NC - Harrah's
Last edited by wolfgangguhl on Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wolfgangguhl

Postby wolfgangguhl » Sat May 01, 2010 11:21 am

Sticky until June 1st 2010.
wolfgangguhl

Postby Tommy » Thu May 27, 2010 7:21 pm

Let´s hope he shocks us with some really rare songchoice!! :roll:
"Don't look at the clouds of tomorrow through the sunshine of today!"

Mick Jagger
Tommy

Postby jarireinikka » Fri May 28, 2010 5:54 am

...dream on... :P
jarireinikka

Postby Stefan » Mon May 31, 2010 9:52 am

Från: "Ed" <ewallace1968@yahoo.com>Lägg till avsändaren i KontakterTill: JerryLeeLewisIFC@yahoogroups.com
Incredible Show Folks. More to follow.
Stefan

Postby RickyNC » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:12 pm

This was my first Jerry Lee Lewis concert and it was very exciting seeing him live in concert,I thought the show was great,I have seen alot of the youtube vids of Jerrys recent shows like austin earler this month and i expected it to be about the same,Boy was i wrong i thought it was whole lot better,Jerry played great solos and his hand speed on the piano was awesome,Got to meet the Jerrys bass player before the show bb and he was super nice a good time was had by all
RickyNC

Postby RickyNC » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:15 pm

Me and bb
[url=http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=aVLL3JJ][img]http://s4.postimage.org/LL3JJ.jpg[/img][/url]
RickyNC

Postby peterchecksfield » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:51 pm

Hopefully your photo will display better here:

Any unusual songs?

And did you film any of it?
peterchecksfield

Postby RickyNC » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:28 pm

i didn't film any of it,but i know other people did,I must say compared to the youtube vids recently this was so much better,The last 2 numbers he called out JW Brown and his son Rusty on the drums,and said boys if you don't mind im going 2 have them play on a couple of songs,and it may have been me but they looked totally caught off guard they kind of looked at each other funny and then looked at jerry and left the stage lol,When they got on stage he introduced them said JW started with him in 56 and this is his son on the drums rusty said jw works 4 rusty now lol then said he was just joking lol they r good hardworking people,Great balls of fire was the original version,and whole lotta shakin he did 2 piano solos at the end he seemed 2 really put something special on it and the crowd loved it,heres a song list the best i can remember i may have left out a couple
Down the line (awsome playing fast hands)
You win again
Johnny b good (awesome playing)
No headstone on my grave
Rockin my life away
Sweet little sixteen
Roll over betoven
She even woke me up to say goodbye (this was great best i have heard recently special his voice sounded great)
As far as im cocerned
Great balls of fire
Whole lotta shakin (did not kick stool back that i could tell from where i was standing but didn't matter after a performance like that!
RickyNC

Postby RickyNC » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:46 pm

BB was standing out in the hall before the show i went up to him and shook his hand and said i was a big Jerry lee fan,I told him it was my first time to see Jerry he dont come to this area much,He said the last time they played Cherrokee was 12 yrs ago,i said how long r u going to stay here ,he said they were leaving on the bus right after the show,i ask him how was Jerrys health doing he looked bad in recent videos,He said hes alot better than he looks if he would get out and walk alot more he would feel alot better said he stays on his hotel room and watches dvds reruns of gunsmoke all the time,i ask him if i could get a picture with him he said sure thats when i got the pic,i then ask him if there was a way he could take me backstage and i could get a pic of me with Jerry lol he said he better not then said Jerry was very moody lol,This man was very nice to talk too he seemed really interested in what i was saying and before he had too leave he turned and ask my girlfriend who was just listing to us what her name was and then ask me ,introduced his self shook both our hands and said it was nice to meet both of us
RickyNC

Postby thrund » Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:59 pm

Thanks NickyNC for your info and details....so you got a fine show for your first Killer concert and to talk with BB is everytime interesting....and funny.
8)

Thomas
Last edited by thrund on Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thrund

Postby peterchecksfield » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:05 pm

Nice report, thanks alot!

RE: video footage, perhaps you can collect this from the people you know & then contact Lucio (he's based in Canada): dr_lucio@yahoo.com

Lucio collects together all the video footage he can find from shows & then edits & syncs them to the best available audio, often with incredible results (see the 4-angle edit of Amsterdam 2009 on YouTube for example!). :D
peterchecksfield

Postby RickyNC » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:09 pm

My girlfriend was really inpresed on how well he played the piano ,she had never seen him in concert before she said it was amazing he could still play that good,alot of the people after the show that was leaving i heard them talking about the show how good it was said he still has it.I hope he comes back to my area for another concert soon
RickyNC

Postby wolfgangguhl » Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:39 pm

@ RickyNC:

I have seen Jerry many times and it seems that he is always in for a surprise as you so accurately described. I agree that he looked very weak in Austin and it is good to know that he apparantly changed his appearance completely in Cherokee. One thing is for sure, you cannot write this guy off. Just like his mood (B.B. is right on that for sure), his condition can change quickly. Glad you got to meet B.B., he is a great and very reliable person, just like all the members of the Jerry Lee Lewis' Band.
wolfgangguhl

Postby Jos » Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:37 pm

Jos

Next

Return to @Live