Lee Interview

Lee Interview

Postby Logan » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:05 pm

Jerry's son, Lee recently did an interview with WGN Radio. https://wgnradio.com/2019/07/13/jerry-l ... -hoekstra/

The more I hear about Jerry's post-stroke prognosis the more I think him performing again is unlikely. He's defied expectations time and time again but at 83 and he was already frail. I'm not sure he's capable of getting back on stage, I'm praying I'll be wrong
Logan

Re: Lee Interview

Postby wolfgangguhl » Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:58 pm

"Sorry, this content is not available in your region."
wolfgangguhl

Postby wolfgangguhl » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:00 am

What does he say?

I heard exactly the opposite regarding his recovery. He seems to be doing quite well and there is a good chance he will be back performing soon.
wolfgangguhl

Postby Logan » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:24 pm

wolfgangguhl wrote:What does he say?

I heard exactly the opposite regarding his recovery. He seems to be doing quite well and there is a good chance he will be back performing soon.

Lee said doctors gave Jerry Lee the prognosis that it could be a full year before he is back to where he was, but that he is ahead of schedule.

The brain and body just doesn't adjust well at that age. A year off performing, just sounds like he's not going to make it back
Logan

Postby wolfgangguhl » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:58 pm

If JLL had your pathetic attitude he would have died 40 years ago.

I hope he will soon return and on top of that outlive you!
wolfgangguhl

Postby Logan » Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:46 pm

wolfgangguhl wrote:If JLL had your pathetic attitude he would have died 40 years ago.

I hope he will soon return and on top of that outlive you!

No one wants him to make it back more than me. I hope outlives me too. But for you to say such a thing simply because I'm worried about his performing future is pretty out of line, in my opinion. Everyone here loves him, including me. But, the fact that a year timetable has been given says it wasn't as minor as originally thought. While I am no doctor I am lucky enough to have grandparents in there upper 80's so I have decent idea of just how tough it is to bounce back at that age. Which is why I'm worried for his performing future. But I hope Jerry Lee outlives us all.
Logan

Postby wolfgangguhl » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:02 pm

I remember when certain older fans who had just retired at age 65 mentioned how unbelievable it was to them that JLL was still performing at 66. Stop comparing your lame ass lives to the one of this extraordinary man.
wolfgangguhl

Postby Logan » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:55 am

Unlike you, I don't have inside info on how he is doing and if he's coming back. So excuse me for being concerned. No one here has praised him more in recent years than you and I.
Logan

Postby wolfgangguhl » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:51 am

First you rightly mention "that he is ahead of schedule". Then you write "the brain and body just doesn't adjust well at that age".

Makes no sense. I hope you can see that yourself. That the first prognosis was worse than first expected, well, we all now that by now. But his recovery has exceeded all expectations so far. Also the brain is so complex that it is hard to give a prognosis for stroke patients in rehabilitation. If JLL has kept something in shape, it is probably not his back, but he is still pretty sharp-minded for a 83-year old.

Of course even if a person dies at 83, it is considered a normal thing and possible. But it is also possible he lives another ten or more years. One thing I learned in life is to keep a good vibe going. And I feel it does have an influence on the turnout. If it doesn't, well, at least it was worth a try.
wolfgangguhl

Postby wolfgangguhl » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:59 am

I am sure it is important for him to return to the stage, so he can prove the naysayers wrong once again and one issue especially close to his heart is I am sure the recording of the Gospel album.

I am sure he wants to make it his final album. And it is appropriate for what he has basically been to me all his life: a Gospel man!
wolfgangguhl

Return to Discussions