What Are You Reading Right Now?



Postby flip54 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:48 pm

I read more than I listen to music,
so since Sept I've read these , the joy of being retired (and Uk tv is basically so terrible these days and the treasure that is the Sopranos is nearly finished forever), deep breath

Blues Highway Nawlins to Chicago
Dr John autobiography
Elvis 57 (best for years)
I Was There When It Happened -Marshall Grant (Cash bassist)
Beatles the biography- recentish one by US writer
Zodiac Unmasked -Robert Graysmith (ala the movie)
Peter Bogadanovich -Who The Hell`s in It (interviews with Hollywood legends)
Mario Puzo -The Family (about the Borgias)
King`s Road -Max DeCharne (50s/60s London)
Jimmy Reed biography (recommended)
Roy Buchanan biog
Tropical Freeze -James W Hall
Capel Celyn 10 years of destruction (about a Welsh village destroyed by Liverpool council's need for an unecessary industrial reservoir)
Welsh Sailors of WW2
What Makes Sammy Run -Budd Schulberg
Rough Guide To Conspiracy Theories

Phil
ps just bought Damned United (footy),Marc Bolan biog and the newish George Pelecanos for holiday reading next week
flip54

 
Posts: 457
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:34 am

Postby Piet » Sat Oct 20, 2007 8:40 pm

flip54 wrote:I read more than I listen to music,
so since Sept I've read these , the joy of being retired (and Uk tv is basically so terrible these days and the treasure that is the Sopranos is nearly finished forever), deep breath

Blues Highway Nawlins to Chicago
Dr John autobiography
Elvis 57 (best for years)
I Was There When It Happened -Marshall Grant (Cash bassist)
Beatles the biography- recentish one by US writer
Zodiac Unmasked -Robert Graysmith (ala the movie)
Peter Bogadanovich -Who The Hell`s in It (interviews with Hollywood legends)
Mario Puzo -The Family (about the Borgias)
King`s Road -Max DeCharne (50s/60s London)
Jimmy Reed biography (recommended)
Roy Buchanan biog
Tropical Freeze -James W Hall
Capel Celyn 10 years of destruction (about a Welsh village destroyed by Liverpool council's need for an unecessary industrial reservoir)
Welsh Sailors of WW2
What Makes Sammy Run -Budd Schulberg
Rough Guide To Conspiracy Theories

Phil
ps just bought Damned United (footy),Marc Bolan biog and the newish George Pelecanos for holiday reading next week


Are you reading them all at the same time or one by one, no sex in those books I see, wont tell what I read. :oops:
Piet

User avatar
 
Posts: 2540
Joined: Fri May 25, 2007 6:19 pm
Location: Rosmalen, The Netherlands

Postby ChrisdeB » Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:01 pm

Walt Disney by Nick Gabler
ChrisdeB

 
Posts: 758
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:17 am

Postby flip54 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:20 pm

Hi Piet

I've always though of sex as a practical subject (ie hands on;-)) though I know some of you older chaps like to read about it before the memory goes but as a great philosopher once sang Sometime's A Memory (mammary) Ain't Enuff!!!

I usually have 3 or 4 books on the go, dotted around the house to annoy the mrs, some like the conspiracy guide can be dipped into now and then. I'm reading one now about link between the male moustache and sexual dysfunction ;-))

Phil

Piet wrote:
flip54 wrote:I read more than I listen to music,
so since Sept I've read these , the joy of being retired (and Uk tv is basically so terrible these days and the treasure that is the Sopranos is nearly finished forever), deep breath

Blues Highway Nawlins to Chicago
Dr John autobiography
Elvis 57 (best for years)
I Was There When It Happened -Marshall Grant (Cash bassist)
Beatles the biography- recentish one by US writer
Zodiac Unmasked -Robert Graysmith (ala the movie)
Peter Bogadanovich -Who The Hell`s in It (interviews with Hollywood legends)
Mario Puzo -The Family (about the Borgias)
King`s Road -Max DeCharne (50s/60s London)
Jimmy Reed biography (recommended)
Roy Buchanan biog
Tropical Freeze -James W Hall
Capel Celyn 10 years of destruction (about a Welsh village destroyed by Liverpool council's need for an unecessary industrial reservoir)
Welsh Sailors of WW2
What Makes Sammy Run -Budd Schulberg
Rough Guide To Conspiracy Theories

Phil
ps just bought Damned United (footy),Marc Bolan biog and the newish George Pelecanos for holiday reading next week


Are you reading them all at the same time or one by one, no sex in those books I see, wont tell what I read. :oops:
flip54

 
Posts: 457
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:34 am

Postby Piet » Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:52 pm

flip54 wrote:Hi Piet


I'm reading one now about link between the male moustache and sexual dysfunction.

Phil



Well let me know what you find out about this subject, I had sex almost the whole weekend, that means: Almost friday, almost saterday and even almost this morning but as you can see, nothing happend yet so I had to say to Els the famous words "YOU WIN AGAIN"
Piet

User avatar
 
Posts: 2540
Joined: Fri May 25, 2007 6:19 pm
Location: Rosmalen, The Netherlands

Postby yappin*yappin*yappin » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:12 am

I'm still reading "Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln" by Doris Kearns Goodwin. I guess I'm not so much "reading" it as I am "studying" it like a text book.
yappin*yappin*yappin

 

Postby jayhawks » Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:02 pm

"Let The Good Times Roll!" by Horst Fascher
(Story Of The Hamburg Star Club)

http://www.amazon.de/good-times-roll-St ... 59&sr=8-2a
jayhawks

User avatar
 
Posts: 1227
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:45 am

Postby ChrisdeB » Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:14 pm

Blue Monday - Fats Domino and the Lost dawn of Rock and Roll by Rick Coleman

Fantastic book. One of the best
ChrisdeB

 
Posts: 758
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:17 am

Postby Tony Papard » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:19 pm

Chuck Berry's autobiography, but I'm a slow reader - haven't read any of it for over a week. Hope to catch up on my little vacation next week. It's well written, unlike Bo's autobiography which I had to give up on.
Long ago in Ferriday down in Louisiana, They all watched Jerry play and pump that old piana

My blog: http://www.tonypapard.info/

My Jerry Lee Lewis page:
http://www.btinternet.com/~tony.papard/JERRYLEELEWIS.HTM
Tony Papard

User avatar
 
Posts: 1435
Joined: Fri May 25, 2007 4:01 pm
Location: London, England, EU

Postby peterchecksfield » Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:00 pm

After reading three very good Tony Parsons novels within the past couple of weeks I'm now getting back to reality, & reading The Diary Of Anne Frank. :cry:
peterchecksfield

 

Postby Perk » Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:13 pm

peterchecksfield wrote:After reading three very good Tony Parsons novels within the past couple of weeks I'm now getting back to reality, & reading The Diary Of Anne Frank. :cry:


I been outside the house where Anne Frank hid!

I´m on Stephen King´s "From A Buick 8".

Perk
Perk

 
Posts: 1628
Joined: Fri May 25, 2007 1:49 pm

Postby ChrisdeB » Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:59 pm

Blue Monday by Rick Coleman
ChrisdeB

 
Posts: 758
Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:17 am

Postby peterchecksfield » Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:31 pm

I'm currently reading this, a surprisingly witty & honest book:

Image
peterchecksfield

 

Postby peterchecksfield » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:28 am

I think it's a shame that so many people don't read books these days, prefering their personal stereos &/or mobile phones all the time...

Today I went out cycling for a few hours, & when I stopped in a pub for a pint of lager shandy, I sat down & read my book. People looked at me as if I was mad.
peterchecksfield

 

Postby Tony Papard » Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:16 am

peterchecksfield wrote:I think it's a shame that so many people don't read books these days, prefering their personal stereos &/or mobile phones all the time...

Today I went out cycling for a few hours, & when I stopped in a pub for a pint of lager shandy, I sat down & read my book. People looked at me as if I was mad.


I know the feelling! Sounds quite idyllic to me though.

I feel very conspicuous with my bulky old Walkman playing my old audiotapes, about the ONLY time I play them is when I'm on a long train journey or sunbathing in the Summer.

And people are quite convinced I'm barking mad when they ring me up or knock on my door asking if I want my electricity from the gas company, my gas from the electricity company, and a super-cheap phone service from the water company and I say: 'Nationalize the whole bloody lot of them - it worked perfectly well when we had no bloody choice!'

I often wonder if it's me or the rest of the world which is barking mad.
Long ago in Ferriday down in Louisiana, They all watched Jerry play and pump that old piana

My blog: http://www.tonypapard.info/

My Jerry Lee Lewis page:
http://www.btinternet.com/~tony.papard/JERRYLEELEWIS.HTM
Tony Papard

User avatar
 
Posts: 1435
Joined: Fri May 25, 2007 4:01 pm
Location: London, England, EU

PreviousNext

Return to Off topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests