Tony Papard

Tony Papard

Postby wolfgangguhl » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:04 pm

I suspect this e-mail I just got is not for real (I doubt very much Tony being in Manila with his family! What family?):

I'm sorry for this odd request because it might get to you too urgent but it's because of the situation of things right
now.

I'm stuck in Manila Philippine with my family right now, we came down here for a short vacation then i was robbed, worse of it is that bags, cash and cards and my cell phone was stolen at GUN POINT, it's such a crazy experience for us, we need help flying back home, the authorities are not being 100% supportive but the good thing is we still have our passports and return tickets but currently having troubles paying off the

hotel bills and also getting a cab to take us to the airport.Please i need you to loan me (2,500 Pounds will refund you as soon as I'm back home, i promise.

Thank You
Tony
wolfgangguhl

Re: Tony Papard

Postby PeterC » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:01 pm

Not real? I've sent him the money! :oops:
PeterC

Postby wolfgangguhl » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:07 pm

Really or are you kidding me? How did you manage to do this? PayPal? 2,500 Pounds? Come on, you don't even have that much money!

I am convinced it is a hoax.
wolfgangguhl

Postby wolfgangguhl » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:09 pm

Also the e-mail is not written in Tony's usual writing style.
wolfgangguhl

Postby wolfgangguhl » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:11 pm

And don't forget that his mum is almost 100 years old. I doubt she would fly to the Philippines. His partner is dead and he is not really on good terms with his brother as far as I know. So what family is he talking about?
wolfgangguhl

Postby PeterC » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:19 pm

Hahaha! :D

Tony posted about this on Facebook this morning:

If anybody else gets a spam message, purportedly from me, saying I'm stuck in Manila and need 2,500 pounds to get home, please delete it and ignore it. I got a similar one some years ago, and another one this morning in another mailbox of mine. I suspect it has something to do with BT/Yahoo upgrading their email system and a lot of spoof messages appearing connected with this upgrade. I twice asked BT/Yahoo about this suspicious messages, but they failed to reply or advise me, so I did click on one of them. If the problem continues please let me know.
PeterC

Postby jarireinikka » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:21 pm

I´ve got exactly the same message supposedly from another people couple of months ago,had a good laugh back then as well...
jarireinikka

Postby wolfgangguhl » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:22 pm

:twisted:
wolfgangguhl

Postby Tony Papard » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:26 pm

Just seen this thread. Fame at last, or rather infamy. 'Infamy, infamy, they've all got it in for me!' as Mr Williams said in a Carry On film.

Of course this was a spam message, one which has been doing the rounds on email for years. It was entirely the fault of BT/Yahoo who recently upgraded their email and completely ignored two queries I sent them about suspected hoax messages regarding this upgrade. They should have replied confirming I shouldn't click on them to upgrade my email, but they didn't.

I've now changed my passwords so the problem shouldn't recur.

Apologies to all.
Long ago in Ferriday down in Louisiana, They all watched Jerry play and pump that old piana

My blog: http://www.tonypapard.info/

My Jerry Lee Lewis page:
http://www.btinternet.com/~tony.papard/JERRYLEELEWIS.HTM
Tony Papard

Return to Off topic