Duke Danger (aka Faglier)

Duke Danger (aka Faglier)

Postby martin bates » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:56 am

this is a message from Duke;

To all my wonderful friends, fans, and relatives, today April 3, 2012 was a monumental day for me. Most of you are not aware that I have been fighting a tremendous battle with throat cancer, with which I was diagnosed back in September 2011, when I was originally given a 2 to 5% chance of living and told that even if I lived, I'd never speak or sing again. I've kept this medical battle very private, with only a few special people knowing and they have been so wonderfully supportive throughout this whole horrible ordeal. Well, today is very special to me as this morning I received the results of a full-body PET scan which was taken last Friday, one month after the final radiation and chemotherapathy treatments were completed. I'm so happy to report that I AM 100% CANCER-FREE. There is no cancer anywhere in my body, showing in the PET scan. I AM A SURVIVOR!!! It has been a very rocky road from the original diagnosis to this point with a couple of brushes with death due to an adverse reaction to the anesthesia while surgerically putting in a port to inject the chemo chemicals through and a 7 day hospital stay in intensive care due to a bout with septic shock when the chemo chemicals kicked my white blood cells completely off the chart. I lost over 100 pounds of lean, hard muscle and every hair on my body, including my eyelashes, fell out, due to the chemo and radiation, but I am now CANCER-FREE. My voice is getting stronger every day and my hair is growing back in and I'm starting to gain weight after starting to eat regular food by mouth again instead of just pouring liquid garbage through a feeding tube (which comes out tomorrow) directly into my stomach. THERE IS HOPE for anyone diagnosed with cancer. CANCER CAN BE BEATEN with God's help, the right mental attitude, and the right medical treatment. DUKE DANGER IS BACK!!! I look forward to building my life, my body, and my musical career back and I thank each and every one of you for your friendship and support and look
forward to seeing you soon!!! I love you all!!!

Sincerely,

Duke
dukedanger@gmail.com
martin bates

Re: Duke Danger (aka Faglier)

Postby wolfgangguhl » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:41 am

Great news!!
wolfgangguhl

Re: Duke Danger (aka Faglier)

Postby bailbath » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:49 am

Fantastic result for Duke, family, friends and fan's.
Ian
bailbath

Site Admin

Return to Off topic