Tatt's life!

Tatt's life!

Postby Richard Harvey » Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:42 pm

This email made me smile. I got it the other day. .

Dear Mr Richard,

I found your website via a link from www.elvis-colletors.com.
I'm very intereseted in a detailed picture from the back of the famous sundial suit. On this
moment my leg is filled with Elvis tattoo's. I also like to have a tattoo from the sundial suit.
The most foto's i have found are to blury. Your picture is very detailed, do you have a more
"zoomed out" version?

I'll hope that you can help me.

Many thanks in advance from a big Elvis fan!

As it happened, I did have a really nice 'zoomed out' picture. . so, I sent him one. Then I get this. . .

Mr Richard,

Thank you very much for the high res picture. This wil help me a lot!
I'll send you the result in a few weeks.

Kind regards,
Michael

Now I'm worried! Should I tell him "just a photo of it will do!"

Anyone here got tattoos? very fashionable these days!
--
Richard Harvey

Re: Tatt's life!

Postby Tony Papard » Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:09 pm

Richard asked:

Anyone here got tattoos? very fashionable these days![/quote]

I always meant to get one done of Jerry Lee in the 1950s in his red drape at the piano, but never found a suitable picture really, or got around to doing it.

However a close friend. Steve, persuaded me to get a little tattoo done at the Rockers' Reunion some years back, on my upper arm. Just a boring old heart with some initials. Steve kindly paid for this.

Peggy, a rock'n'roll fan from Guildford area, and her hubbie Mick have loads of tattoos. Peggy's are particularly striking including Bill Haley and Gene Vincent if I remember rightly on her back. Peggy is a big gal, so there's pleny of room. (I've only seen what shows above her low-cut dresses of course!)

Fan Jay Halsey had Jerry Lee's name tatooed on his neck, if I remember correctly.
Long ago in Ferriday down in Louisiana, They all watched Jerry play and pump that old piana

My blog: http://www.tonypapard.info/

My Jerry Lee Lewis page:
http://www.btinternet.com/~tony.papard/JERRYLEELEWIS.HTM
Tony Papard

Postby flip54 » Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:43 pm

Almost, it said The Hawk!

suppose he couldn't get in the mood ;-)

Flip

ps Last I heard of Jay was that he was really ill and was living abroad, anyone know?? He was elected into the Louisiana Music Hall Of fame for all his fine research and promoting the regions music, compiled the great Louisiana Rockers cd on Ace of Goldband rockers

Tony Papard wrote:Fan Jay Halsey had Jerry Lee's name tatooed on his neck, if I remember correctly.
flip54

Postby peterchecksfield » Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:24 am

flip54 wrote:
ps Last I heard of Jay was that he was really ill and was living abroad, anyone know?? He was elected into the Louisiana Music Hall Of fame for all his fine research and promoting the regions music, compiled the great Louisiana Rockers cd on Ace of Goldband rockers

I heard that too, but he came over for MaryJean's London show a year ago & he looked fine, exactly the same as 15 years ago! He didn't stay for the JLL show the next day though as he's of the opinion that Jerry "lost it" during the late 80s. I recall him spending most the time in the bar at Newport '93, just coming out occasionally to tell me how lacklustre Jerry was....
peterchecksfield

Postby ChrisdeB » Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:53 am

Tony Papard wrote:Richard asked:

Anyone here got tattoos? very fashionable these days!

YesI hhave a celtic band with a red ring on my left upper arm
ChrisdeB

Postby Richard Harvey » Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:44 am

Tony Papard wrote:Peggy, a rock'n'roll fan from Guildford area, and her hubbie Mick have loads of tattoos. Peggy's are particularly striking including Bill Haley and Gene Vincent if I remember rightly on her back. .

I've seen her. She goes to the Eddie weekend in Chippenham. Her back is . . . well . . interesting!
--
Richard Harvey

Postby Piet » Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:58 pm

Here's a picture of Jerry and Michael Trotz from Germany, Jerry liked this tattoo so much that he ordered me to take a picture (1991) as you can see by the pointed finger.

Piet
Piet

Postby Tony Papard » Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:26 pm

peterchecksfield wrote:
flip54 wrote:
I recall him spending most the time in the bar at Newport '93, just coming out occasionally to tell me how lacklustre Jerry was....

What he told me at Newport 93 was something like 'I don't want to see that fat git again'.
Long ago in Ferriday down in Louisiana, They all watched Jerry play and pump that old piana

My Jerry Lee Lewis page:
Tony Papard

Postby flip54 » Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:41 am

Please try to quote more carefully Tony,
it was Pete who quoted Jay not me

What's diamond Dave Webb up to these days, apart from the annual Xmas card I don't hear from him

Flip
flip54

Postby peterchecksfield » Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:30 am

flip54 wrote:
What's diamond Dave Webb up to these days, apart from the annual Xmas card I don't hear from him

Flip

Again he was at the MJ show last year & occasionally goes to Linda Gail shows (not sure if he sees Jerry too).
peterchecksfield

Postby Tony Papard » Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:18 pm

flip54 wrote:Please try to quote more carefully Tony,
it was Pete who quoted Jay not me

Flip

Sorry Phil, but don't blame me, blame this Forum. All I did was follow the instructions from Ian and click the quote button. Don't know why your name came up. As I say, the Yahoo Forum is much much simpler.

I can see little advantage in this Forum quite frankly. I find it much more laborious to search for new messages than the Yahoo one, and there are now so many threads it is quite confusing.

Still, if the majority like it, I'll put up with it.

Haven't heard from Dave Webb recently. He'll no doubt show up at next Lewis gig, whether Jerry, Linda or Lewis 3/MaryJean.

Tony

My Jerry Lee Lewis page:
Tony Papard

Wrongly quoted messages

Postby Tony Papard » Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:22 pm

By the way, I have often been listed on this Forum as having quoted something, when the quote came from someone else.

It seems if somebody includes a quote from another member in a message, and someone else then replies to that message, the name of the original person who's message was quoted is displayed.

Having said this, Peter will probably point out this is in the wrong thread.

My Jerry Lee Lewis page:
Tony Papard

Postby bailbath » Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:03 pm

peterchecksfield wrote:
I recall him spending most the time in the bar at Newport '93, just coming out occasionally to tell me how lacklustre Jerry was....

Here you go Tony you just got to be careful how you edit the quote.Then preview it.Once you have done it a few times it's second nature.All need to do to your post above is remove [quote="flip54"]
IAN
bailbath

Site Admin

Postby jarireinikka » Fri Aug 10, 2007 2:20 pm

Tony,just watch the dates and times and you know when something new has been posted after your last visit under different categories.

For Example:"Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:03 pm "

I think this forum is much much clearer to follow than the Yahoo:Onle 5 main categories,of which 3 are actively in use and then just open one of those and you´ll immediately see which threads have new posts just by looking at the date(s)
jarireinikka

Postby martin bates » Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:12 am

jarireinikka wrote:Tony,just watch the dates and times and you know when something new has been posted after your last visit under different categories.

For Example:"Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:03 pm "

I think this forum is much much clearer to follow than the Yahoo:Onle 5 main categories,of which 3 are actively in use and then just open one of those and you´ll immediately see which threads have new posts just by looking at the date(s)

or you could click 'view posts since your last visit.' Tony's not daft & is clearly getting to grips; but people can prefer what they're used to. As I 've said before, to me, & perhaps others,Yahoo is easier. Now to get this back on thread.....can I suggest we all wear a small tattoo of these simple instructions ?
Martin. :D
martin bates

Next

Return to Off topic