New memberships

Re: New memberships

Postby berniecoombs » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:29 pm

Dear Sir/Madam and the rest of the Forum,

Thank you very much for your invitation to join your Forum. I love Jerry Lee Lewis very much as I have been most of my adult life and I cannot wait to contribute and to give Jerry all of my support. In fact I will get back to you as soon as possible.
berniecoombs

Postby paperboy » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:43 pm

x
Last edited by paperboy on Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
TV producent John de Mol: “Ik zie het meer als een algemene tendens in dit land, dat wie boven het maaiveld probeert uit te steken altijd op weerstand stuit. Hou het maar bij het oude, doe maar gewoon en doe eigenlijk liever vooral niks. “
paperboy

Postby berniecoombs » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:08 pm

Dear Forum,

Thank you. I know that Jerry is working on a new album and doing other things associated with it. However, what has happened to his last recording in to vinyl with Jack White back in April? I thought the album was released so it should make the charts. I have not heard another work about it. I hope it is not another flop like his "Mean Old Man" album, as I hope this latest album will not be a flop neither. Thank you.
berniecoombs

Postby bailbath » Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:22 am

Thanks for your post Bernie. We try to keep things tidy round here there is a thread here - viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2220
to discuss that recording. Please try to search for the subject you want an answer for if you can't find it start a new post in the right section for that post.
Thank you
Ian
bailbath

Site Admin

Postby PeterC » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:28 am

Piet wrote:You're right Joerg,
It looks if all the fun is gone on this forum.
If you write something you've get comments to correct you and it looks like there is nothing negative allowed on this forum either.
Yes, I would love to see my old buddie Peter back on this forum but then again people would almost immediatly start criticise him.
Lets face the fact, I was against the fireballmail on line and got the whole world over me but where are they these days :?: :P
Miss also Phil Davies, come on back boys and start laughing again.

Well here I am! I have no intention of being here too much now, simply because I'm not the Jerry Lee Lewis fan I used to be. I still like much of his music, but only in the context of a "casual" fan. In other words I view him as one of the greatest artists from the 50s (along with around a dozen others) instead of the greatest. Also, my musical tastes have both widened & softened, so "pop" music from various decades seems to be what I listen to the most these days. I'm also more of an Anglophile: my current playlist includes Showaddywaddy (R.I.P. Buddy Gask), Cilla Black, Hot Chocolate, The Hollies & Mary Hopkin.

Another big change in my attitude is that I much prefer Jerry in the studio to live! I used to think he was amazing live & (often) less so in the studio, but now (although I admire the power & passion during his peak years) I've come to the conclusion that he's always been sloppy & under-rehearsed on stage, often performing just rough approximations of his studio gems.

Keep shakin', twistin', movin'!

Peter C. 8)
PeterC

Postby Piet » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:54 am

Welcome back my friend :D
My life will never be the same.
Piet

Postby PeterC » Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:20 pm

Piet wrote:Welcome back my friend :D

Thanks Piet! I hope you (& everyone) are doing great! :D
PeterC

Postby Dave McKee » Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:53 pm

Welcome back, Peter. I have a request - on your blog some time ago you had an item called JLL - The Smash Mercury Years, in which you reviewed all Jerry's albums on those labels. As you can see, we have an album section here - is it possible that you could somehow enter your reviews of each individual album in the correct place. complete with the album cover images? This would brighten this section up considerably and may get members giving their own opinions of each album.
Yours, in eager and hopeful anticipation.
Dave
Dave McKee

Postby PeterC » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:14 pm

Dave McKee wrote:Welcome back, Peter. I have a request - on your blog some time ago you had an item called JLL - The Smash Mercury Years, in which you reviewed all Jerry's albums on those labels. As you can see, we have an album section here - is it possible that you could somehow enter your reviews of each individual album in the correct place. complete with the album cover images? This would brighten this section up considerably and may get members giving their own opinions of each album.
Yours, in eager and hopeful anticipation.
Dave

I don't really have the time, but anyone else is more than welcome to copy-and-paste them. http://themargatemusicman.blogspot.com/2009/09/jerry-lee-lewis-smash-mercury-years.html 8)
PeterC

Postby rockin532000 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:17 pm

Welcome back Peter!

Not that it will be of great interest to anybody but I fully share your view with respect to live vs. studio recordings these days!!!

Best Wishes and I am looking forward to some interesting and challenging posts from yourself :wink:

Best Wishes
Joerg
rockin532000

Postby PeterC » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:59 pm

rockin532000 wrote:Welcome back Peter!

Not that it will be of great interest to anybody but I fully share your view with respect to live vs. studio recordings these days!!!

Best Wishes and I am looking forward to some interesting and challenging posts from yourself :wink:

Best Wishes
Joerg

Thanks Joerg! :D

Yes, I've really changed my opinion on his live performances of songs, even from the 70s & 80s. Where was the slow spoken introduction for 'Boogie Woogie Country Man? The guitar riff in 'I Don't Want To Be Lonely Tonight'? The funky intros for 'Before The Night Is Over' & 'Folsom Prison Blues'? Other songs have been even worse ('Wild & Wooly Ways' has been a disaster whenever he's attempted it onstage)...
PeterC

Postby PeterC » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:09 pm

I've started a new thread on the Studio versus Live debate:

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=2470
PeterC

Postby Bobby McGee » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:35 am

Peter is back... I appreciate that very much! :)
Hope it´s gonna be a good and interesting time for you here (and for us, of course). 8)

Thomas Staab
Bobby McGee

Postby PeterC » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:32 pm

I don't know if you've noticed, but the vast majority of members are just spam links:

http://www.jerry-lee-lewis.com/forum/memberlist.php?start=900
PeterC

Postby PeterC » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:39 pm

Oh, and birthday congratulations to fudickiebirdzf (27) and ovehjekler (25) who joined today! :roll:
PeterC

PreviousNext

Return to Off topic