A little something different

A little something different

Postby jcharris1976 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:29 am

I was watching the original Night of the living dead and realized it was made in 1968 which was an important year for Jerry Lee in country (and my favorite year of Jerry's music) - so I did some research and these movies came out in 1968 that shocked me :
Night of the living Dead
Oliver
Planet of the apes
once upon a time in the west
funny girl
rosemary's baby
bullet
the producers
lion in the winter
the beatles : yellow submarine
thomas crown affair
the odd couple
and a whole lot more.
I just thought that was interesting on what movies came out in 1968 that I wouldn't ever thought were out in that year.

Merle haggard had 3 # 1 hits in 1968 - sing me back home,mama tried and the legend of bonnie and clyde and Johnny cash had a #1 hit with the re-release of Folsom prison blues but was a live cut.
Harper Valley PTA,Wichita Lineman,Stand by Your Man,D-I-V-O-R-C-E and Skip a Rope all came out in 1968 at #1 so Jerry Lee had some stiff competition in 1968 but still made one heck of a comeback.

in 1968 - # Best Male Country Vocal Performance — "Folsom Prison Blues," Johnny Cash

Top Male Vocalist — Glen Campbell
# Entertainer of the Year — Glen Campbell
# Single of the Year — "Harper Valley PTA," Jeannie C. Riley
# Album of the Year — At Folsom Prison, Johnny Cash

and that's the skinny on 1968

***plus Lisa Marie Presley was Born
jcharris1976

Postby peterchecksfield » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:45 am

I could probably list many great movies from 1957 or 2006 too, but I don't think this belongs in the JLL section...
peterchecksfield

Postby jllWAfan1982 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:47 am

1968 was revolutionary in terms of the horror film genre. Two of those films, Rosemary's Baby and Night of the Living Dead, had a profound change on the genre, much for the better.
If it's good enough for me,
It should be good enough for you.
--Jerry Lee Lewis
jllWAfan1982

Return to Off topic