When I pass by all the people say
Just another guy on the lost highway
jayhawks

Postby peterchecksfield » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:26 am

Congrats? Why, what's happened??
peterchecksfield

Postby jayhawks » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:30 am

:lol:

i believe, that it wasn`t like Jerry Lee voted...?!
I'm a rollin' stone all alone and lost
For a life of sin I have paid the cost
jayhawks

Postby peterchecksfield » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:33 am

Oh, I guess you're talking about the elections. This holds absolutely no interest for me & I'm unaware of the result (If only people in my country took more interest in local issues instead of a country on the other side of the world...).
peterchecksfield

Postby jayhawks » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:56 am

your opinion is absolutely right, but i`m glad that "at the other side of the world" people voted for a change... :wink:
jayhawks

Postby Richard Harvey » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:35 pm

peterchecksfield wrote:Oh, I guess you're talking about the elections. This holds absolutely no interest for me & I'm unaware of the result (If only people in my country took more interest in local issues instead of a country on the other side of the world...).

Local issues are important, but I also like to know who's got their finger on the big red button.
I'd rather it be Obama than Bush, that's fer darn sure!

congrats yanks!
--
Richard Harvey

Postby Stephanie » Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:21 pm

No, congratulations to my European friends who wanted Obama to win. I'm with the Lewises on this one. It's not a good thing. :(
Stephanie

Postby peterchecksfield » Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:34 pm

Stephanie wrote:No, congratulations to my European friends who wanted Obama to win. I'm with the Lewises on this one. It's not a good thing. :(

Tell Kay (go on, I dare you!). :o

Personally I have no preferance either way as I haven't really followed this. All I know is that for a country so PC-orientated they seem obsessed with gender (Clinton), age (McCain) & race (Obama). If a person of colour became prime minister of the UK then I really don't think it would be commented on anywhere near as much.
peterchecksfield

Postby Stephanie » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:20 pm

peterchecksfield wrote:
Stephanie wrote:No, congratulations to my European friends who wanted Obama to win. I'm with the Lewises on this one. It's not a good thing. :(

Tell Kay (go on, I dare you!). :o

Personally I have no preferance either way as I haven't really followed this. All I know is that for a country so PC-orientated they seem obsessed with gender (Clinton), age (McCain) & race (Obama). If a person of colour became prime minister of the UK then I really don't think it would be commented on anywhere near as much.

Ha, ha I actually almost wrote ...my European friends and Kay... Too bad I didn't, that would have been funny to cross-post.

I agree with you about gender, age, and race - silliness. We've just got more at stake here than who sits behind a desk for 4 years. There's more to the situation in the Middle East than any of us common people will ever know, and this president will be appointing justices to our Supreme Court. I'm very conservative, but Obama is very liberal, so I find his election disturbing.

If I lived in Kent, I wouldn't pay much attention to American politics either. :wink: It's important to be involved locally.

Stephanie
Stephanie

Postby jonny williams » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:28 am

"it doesnt matter who you vote for, the government always gets in"
Bob Dylan

"dont vote for any of them....it only encourages them"
Billy Connolly

my buddy in Georgia is now worried about higher taxes, free health care (where he thinks he cant see his regular doctor who he was happy to pay privatley) and high fuel prices.....i said....welcome to England !!!!
its about time the rest of the world got used to getting ripped off by fascist governments like we do.....no wonder Screaming Lord Sutch topped himself, bless his heart.......the beginning of the end !
jonny williams

Postby Tony Papard » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:08 am

Richard Harvey wrote:
peterchecksfield wrote:Oh, I guess you're talking about the elections. This holds absolutely no interest for me & I'm unaware of the result (If only people in my country took more interest in local issues instead of a country on the other side of the world...).

Local issues are important, but I also like to know who's got their finger on the big red button.
I'd rather it be Obama than Bush, that's fer darn sure!

congrats yanks!

Yes I agree, but I'd rather nobody had their fingers on that button. Let's hope we are indeed entering a new era when we all work together to save our world instead of trying to destroy it.
Long ago in Ferriday down in Louisiana, They all watched Jerry play and pump that old piana

My blog: http://www.tonypapard.info/

My Jerry Lee Lewis page:
http://www.btinternet.com/~tony.papard/JERRYLEELEWIS.HTM
Tony Papard

Re: congrats to our american friends!

Postby PeterC » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:21 am

*bump* :wink:
PeterC

Postby jayhawks » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:09 pm

:wink:
jayhawks

Postby Piet » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:41 pm

I think the "Lewis Camp" won't be very pleased with the re-election of Barack Obama, they still have the old "Red Neck" attitude :wink:
My life will never be the same.
Piet

Return to Off topic