congrats to our american friends!



congrats to our american friends!

Postby jayhawks » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:22 am

I'm a rollin' stone all alone and lost
For a life of sin I have paid the cost
When I pass by all the people say
Just another guy on the lost highway
jayhawks

User avatar
 
Posts: 1226
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:45 am

Postby peterchecksfield » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:26 am

Congrats? Why, what's happened??
peterchecksfield

 

Postby jayhawks » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:30 am

:lol:

i believe, that it wasn`t like Jerry Lee voted...?!
I'm a rollin' stone all alone and lost
For a life of sin I have paid the cost
When I pass by all the people say
Just another guy on the lost highway
jayhawks

User avatar
 
Posts: 1226
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:45 am

Postby peterchecksfield » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:33 am

Oh, I guess you're talking about the elections. This holds absolutely no interest for me & I'm unaware of the result (If only people in my country took more interest in local issues instead of a country on the other side of the world...).
peterchecksfield

 

Postby jayhawks » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:56 am

your opinion is absolutely right, but i`m glad that "at the other side of the world" people voted for a change... :wink:
I'm a rollin' stone all alone and lost
For a life of sin I have paid the cost
When I pass by all the people say
Just another guy on the lost highway
jayhawks

User avatar
 
Posts: 1226
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:45 am

Postby Richard Harvey » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:35 pm

peterchecksfield wrote:Oh, I guess you're talking about the elections. This holds absolutely no interest for me & I'm unaware of the result (If only people in my country took more interest in local issues instead of a country on the other side of the world...).


Local issues are important, but I also like to know who's got their finger on the big red button.
I'd rather it be Obama than Bush, that's fer darn sure!

congrats yanks!
--
Richard Harvey

 
Posts: 592
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 12:07 am

Postby Stephanie » Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:21 pm

No, congratulations to my European friends who wanted Obama to win. I'm with the Lewises on this one. It's not a good thing. :(
Stephanie

 
Posts: 106
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:58 am
Location: Kentucky, US

Postby peterchecksfield » Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:34 pm

Stephanie wrote:No, congratulations to my European friends who wanted Obama to win. I'm with the Lewises on this one. It's not a good thing. :(


Tell Kay (go on, I dare you!). :o

Personally I have no preferance either way as I haven't really followed this. All I know is that for a country so PC-orientated they seem obsessed with gender (Clinton), age (McCain) & race (Obama). If a person of colour became prime minister of the UK then I really don't think it would be commented on anywhere near as much.
peterchecksfield

 

Postby Stephanie » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:20 pm

peterchecksfield wrote:
Stephanie wrote:No, congratulations to my European friends who wanted Obama to win. I'm with the Lewises on this one. It's not a good thing. :(


Tell Kay (go on, I dare you!). :o

Personally I have no preferance either way as I haven't really followed this. All I know is that for a country so PC-orientated they seem obsessed with gender (Clinton), age (McCain) & race (Obama). If a person of colour became prime minister of the UK then I really don't think it would be commented on anywhere near as much.

Ha, ha I actually almost wrote ...my European friends and Kay... Too bad I didn't, that would have been funny to cross-post.

I agree with you about gender, age, and race - silliness. We've just got more at stake here than who sits behind a desk for 4 years. There's more to the situation in the Middle East than any of us common people will ever know, and this president will be appointing justices to our Supreme Court. I'm very conservative, but Obama is very liberal, so I find his election disturbing.

If I lived in Kent, I wouldn't pay much attention to American politics either. :wink: It's important to be involved locally.

Stephanie
Stephanie

 
Posts: 106
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:58 am
Location: Kentucky, US

Postby jonny williams » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:28 am

"it doesnt matter who you vote for, the government always gets in"
Bob Dylan

"dont vote for any of them....it only encourages them"
Billy Connolly

my buddy in Georgia is now worried about higher taxes, free health care (where he thinks he cant see his regular doctor who he was happy to pay privatley) and high fuel prices.....i said....welcome to England !!!!
its about time the rest of the world got used to getting ripped off by fascist governments like we do.....no wonder Screaming Lord Sutch topped himself, bless his heart.......the beginning of the end !
jonny williams

 
Posts: 264
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:41 pm
Location: Sheffield

Postby Tony Papard » Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:08 am

Richard Harvey wrote:
peterchecksfield wrote:Oh, I guess you're talking about the elections. This holds absolutely no interest for me & I'm unaware of the result (If only people in my country took more interest in local issues instead of a country on the other side of the world...).


Local issues are important, but I also like to know who's got their finger on the big red button.
I'd rather it be Obama than Bush, that's fer darn sure!

congrats yanks!


Yes I agree, but I'd rather nobody had their fingers on that button. Let's hope we are indeed entering a new era when we all work together to save our world instead of trying to destroy it.
Long ago in Ferriday down in Louisiana, They all watched Jerry play and pump that old piana

My blog: http://www.tonypapard.info/

My Jerry Lee Lewis page:
http://www.btinternet.com/~tony.papard/JERRYLEELEWIS.HTM
Tony Papard

User avatar
 
Posts: 1435
Joined: Fri May 25, 2007 4:01 pm
Location: London, England, EU

Re: congrats to our american friends!

Postby PeterC » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:21 am

*bump* :wink:
PeterC

User avatar
 
Posts: 3414
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:23 pm

Re: congrats to our american friends!

Postby jayhawks » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:09 pm


:wink:
I'm a rollin' stone all alone and lost
For a life of sin I have paid the cost
When I pass by all the people say
Just another guy on the lost highway
jayhawks

User avatar
 
Posts: 1226
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:45 am

Re: congrats to our american friends!

Postby Piet » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:41 pm

I think the "Lewis Camp" won't be very pleased with the re-election of Barack Obama, they still have the old "Red Neck" attitude :wink:
My life will never be the same.
Piet

User avatar
 
Posts: 2540
Joined: Fri May 25, 2007 6:19 pm
Location: Rosmalen, The Netherlands


Return to Off topic

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest