Interview with Myra

Re: Interview with Myra

Postby wolfgangguhl » Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:16 am

PeterC wrote:
niek81 wrote: I thought there's not that much money on Jerry's banking account so if she married him for the money, she better married someone else.

I'm sure there's plenty of money to be made after Jerry's gone... Not that I believe Judith is after Jerry's money (& even if she is, there's no doubt that Jerry seems much happier now).

Don't think there is much money to make after he is gone. If she was as greedy as some people claim and controlling Jerry, she would have him out there to perform a lot more shows than he does now to cash in the money.
wolfgangguhl

Postby PirateHook » Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:43 am

They should have stayed in this mood! Breathless.

PirateHook

Postby PeterC » Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:50 am

wolfgangguhl wrote:
PeterC wrote:
niek81 wrote: I thought there's not that much money on Jerry's banking account so if she married him for the money, she better married someone else.

I'm sure there's plenty of money to be made after Jerry's gone... Not that I believe Judith is after Jerry's money (& even if she is, there's no doubt that Jerry seems much happier now).

Don't think there is much money to make after he is gone. If she was as greedy as some people claim and controlling Jerry, she would have him out there to perform a lot more shows than he does now to cash in the money.

Well certainly more money (& a nice house + cars) than staying married to Rusty.
PeterC

Postby wolfgangguhl » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:01 pm

PeterC wrote:
wolfgangguhl wrote:
PeterC wrote:

Well certainly more money (& a nice house + cars) than staying married to Rusty.

That's true.
wolfgangguhl

Postby PeterC » Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:17 pm

Not just the money, but also the showbusiness & the stardom by association. I'm not saying that this is necessarily the reason she's with Jerry, but she clearly likes being in the limelight (as witnessed by the way she comes on stage & waves to everyone at the end of concerts etc).
PeterC

Postby niek81 » Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:24 pm

True but also a much more complicated life I think....with some negative consequences as well I can imagine. Purely based on what we've seen on stage and on facebook and from what some others told us; I more or less believe they really are in love. Well, that's great for Jerry lee. Not that many people meet someone when they're 75 and live up completely after yeaaaaars of troubles.
niek81

Postby Piet » Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:51 pm

I think the reason she's saying this now is the fact Phoebe's more or less out of Jerry's life. This will hurt Myra the most and maybe she's blaming Judith for this. Phoebe was always the combining factor between Jerry & Myra. When she was living in Atlanta with her mother she visited her father often and when she moved to Memphis it was the other way around.
No Jerry wasn't always a nice person, we've seen him in other moods as well but never, never was he rude to Els or me, he always treated us with respect as we did him.
Never the less I do believe what Myra is saying, don't forget the booz ansd the pills he took.
My life will never be the same.
Piet

Postby Piet » Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:10 pm

PeterC wrote:
Rocky wrote:Myra was very good to and for Jerry throughout their 13 years of marriage... of his seven wives, she's my horse if she never wins a race.

It's still Kerrie who I respect the most. She was with Jerry longer than anybody, yet she never goes to any newspapers or writes books (Kay claims she's been legally "gagged", so maybe that's true?).

Kerrie was a real fan of her husband and thanks to her his career got a new boost. She did a lot for him but to the family she was just another golddigger. Don't forget Jerry had some others wifes between Myra and Kerrie and the familymembers thought this was another to add to the list.
Like Peter I do think Kerrie was the best wife in his life (besides Myra) and thanks to her JLL is still around, even Judith can be thankfull of that fact.
Piet

Postby Logan » Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:31 pm

PeterC wrote:
Logan wrote:I'm aware she co-wrote the book, Great Balls Of Fire(the movie) was based off of it, I'm not mistaken. I was referring to more recent years. Jerry has repeatedly downgraded the book, not that everything he says is the gospel. To my knowledge one of the reasons He wanted "His Own Story" to be released to get what he considers to be the truth out there, though I haven't read the book yet.

Actually, one of the things I admire about him most is for better or worse he doesn't care what anyone thinks. But, yes there is a darkside to The Killer.

There's absolutely no doubt that Jerry was a woman beater. His long time bodyguard (the late) Dick West also said he'd witnessed it several times... which makes it all the more strange that in later years he's been very much controlled by a woman (Kerrie, then Phoebe, now Judith). Hard to imagine Myra or Jaren telling him what to do.

I'm not surprised that he was a woman beater in those years. It wouldn't even surprise me if we ever find out that he hit Kerrie too. As for recent years I think for the most part he just wants a caregiver that isn't his daughter, for obvious reasons. The fact that he doesn't drink or do drugs anymore and seems content to spend most of his time bed probably makes him much easier to deal with.
Logan

Postby PeterC » Sat Jan 10, 2015 7:42 pm

Logan wrote:It wouldn't even surprise me if we ever find out that he hit Kerrie too.

She would've hit him back! Kerrie isn't Myra.

Logan wrote:As for recent years I think for the most part he just wants a caregiver that isn't his daughter, for obvious reasons.

He had that when Judith started working for him & Phoebe. Obviously he (& she) wants a bit more than that.

Does anyone know when she first started dating or married Rusty? I wonder if Jerry knew her before his separation to Myra in late 1970, though I'm guessing Judith is a little too young.
PeterC

Postby Piet » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:37 pm

http://www.sheknows.com/entertainment/a ... s-castaway

The family connection between Jerry Lee Lewis and new wife Judith Brown is, perhaps, a little too close for comfort. To start with, she was previously married to the rocker's cousin, Rusty. Rusty and Judith lived as man and wife for 20 years and raised one child together before divorcing in 2004.

So reading this they must have married in somewhere around 1984 so there may be a chance they never met :?
Piet

Postby PeterC » Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:08 pm

Piet wrote:http://www.sheknows.com/entertainment/articles/955573/jerry-lee-lewis-weds-cousins-castaway

The family connection between Jerry Lee Lewis and new wife Judith Brown is, perhaps, a little too close for comfort. To start with, she was previously married to the rocker's cousin, Rusty. Rusty and Judith lived as man and wife for 20 years and raised one child together before divorcing in 2004.

So reading this they must have married in somewhere around 1984 so there may be a chance they never met :?

They definitely met. Rusty said (in that magazine article a year or 2 back) that Judith didn't like Jerry previously, saying that she thought he used to smell bad! :oops:

I think they must've divorced more recently than this though, as Judith (apparently) left Rusty for Jerry.

Here's Judith with the Browns + the cast from the 1989 movie who played them:

More pics here: https://myspace.com/judithannster/photos
PeterC

Postby Piet » Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:34 pm

Okay Peter so the've met, hopefully Jerry isn't smelling bad these days :wink:
Piet

Postby Dirk B. » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:58 pm

Myra and Jerry had ten incredible, wonderful years together. At least that is what Myra said just some months earlier...

http://entertainthis.usatoday.com/2014/ ... peaks-out/

There’s a whole lotta Jerry Lee Lewis news goin’ on today.

First, a new book about his life, Jerry Lee Lewis: His Own Story, just went on sale. It’s by Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Rick Bragg, and USA TODAY’s Brian Mansfield gives it four stars (out of four).

Also out today: Rock & Roll Time, Lewis’ first new album since 2010. It features contributions from Keith Richards, Neil Young, Robbie Robertson and many more.

And now, via Cuepoint, comes fascinating insight into the relationship that pretty much destroyed Lewis’ career — his 1958 marriage to his 13-year-old third cousin, Myra Gale Brown. Today, she’s known as Myra Williams, and she’s a real-estate broker in Atlanta.

“They were looking for a place to stick the knife into rock & roll. And Jerry gave it to them—well, I did, I opened my mouth. That’s exactly what it was.” — Myra Williams

The shocking marriage was revealed during what was supposed to be a triumphant concert tour of England. (The fact that The Killer was still married to another woman also came to light at that time.) The British tabloids ripped Lewis to shreds, and his career “took a nosedive right into the concrete,” as Williams tells music journalist Alan Light. But that adversity also strengthened their relationship, she says:

“It was something that marked Jerry for life. We kept thinking every year, every six months, that it was going to go away, they’re going to stop talking about it, and it just didn’t happen. But it brought me and Jerry very close, and we had ten incredible, wonderful years together after that.”

Williams and Lewis eventually divorced in 1970.
Dirk B.

Postby wolfgangguhl » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:33 pm

Interesting, Dirk, very interesting...
wolfgangguhl

PreviousNext

Return to Manager, fan's and assorted topics