Interview with Myra

Interview with Myra

Postby Logan » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:03 am

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/celebri ... -tells-all

Has anybody seen this?

Obviously, to us fans Jerry hitting Myra is not news. But, I am curious why Myra would pick now to bring all this back up? If there's any truth the story it sounds like Jerry is really being monitored by Judith.
Logan

Re: Interview with Myra

Postby PeterC » Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:28 am

I just get redirected to the National Enquirer UK site, & there's nothing about Myra there. Can you post the article on here?
PeterC

Postby niek81 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:59 am

This should work.

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2015/ ... fe-abused/

I have to say...feel a bit sad for Myra. Can't she let it go? She talks about an ailing Jerry. He's been ailing for yeaaars, so bit weird to blame Judith for that. Aside from that, it seems Jerry is doing much better since he and Judtih are together. Look at the interview he did in NYC, totally different Jerry than the one we saw in for example 2005 - 2009. He's going out, driving car, visiting people et cetera. And no matter what she does to him, if it's baby sitting or not, mentally he also seems to be in much better shape, the way he's acting on stage now, much different from years ago, in a positive way. Thought Myra would be smarter....maybe she needs money or something?
niek81

Postby Piet » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:08 pm

I believe this has nothing to do with money, Myra did well in real-estate and married a nice man. Besides that Myra and Jerry always stayed in touch with eachother and Myra frequently visited Nesbit as we could see in pictures. Apart from that I think she loved Jerry over all those years, not alone being her first love but they had children together. Phoebe was the main connection between her parents and along the way something has happens. Phoebe is out of sight (good for her at last) and Jerry married the wife of Myra's brother. This could be enough for people to hang out the dirt. Jerry never listened to anybody about his life or health and maybe Judith realy cares about him but if you ask me who is after the money my 50 cents go to Judith.
My life will never be the same.
Piet

Postby wolfgangguhl » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:26 pm

I am quite shocked that Myra would go to one of the worst tabloids ever, the National Enquirer. There is no excuse for that. Really cheap.

Maybe they installed the baby monitor in case Jerry needs help. That way Judith can hear him when he is in the bedroom while she is busy around other parts of the ranch.
wolfgangguhl

Postby Rocky » Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:38 pm

Wolfgang, you're calling the NATIONAL ENQUIRER one of the worst tabloids ever. Not so. Jerry himself often used it to let people know stories on him. It is way more honest than the Star, or Globe, or many of the others. 95% of stuff they write about is based on the truth. Read the full story and then form your opinions. Myra was very good to and for Jerry throughout their 13 years of marriage... of his seven wives, she's my horse if she never wins a race. It was he who was doing wrong throughout that marriage. Get the facts.
Rocky

Postby PirateHook » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:29 pm

If it is true then it is one of the few things that i definitely not like with Jerry. But the meaning with (Slapped Around) is also not treating well.
PirateHook

Postby PeterC » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:36 pm

Piet wrote:Jerry married the wife of Myra's brother.

Exactly!! This is enough to make anyone angry.
PeterC

Postby PeterC » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:39 pm

Rocky wrote:Myra was very good to and for Jerry throughout their 13 years of marriage... of his seven wives, she's my horse if she never wins a race.

It's still Kerrie who I respect the most. She was with Jerry longer than anybody, yet she never goes to any newspapers or writes books (Kay claims she's been legally "gagged", so maybe that's true?).
PeterC

Postby Logan » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:12 pm

I'm sure Jerry did some inexcusable things to Myra, but I don't see any good reason for her to bring this back up now. She decides to say this coming off the heels of a new album, and a new book? Why didn't she say something in previous years, when there wasn't much going on with his career? I really don't think she's out to get Jerry because I've always been under the impression she still cares about him. But her timing is terrible.

Secondly, whether or not he is "under the thumb " of Judith really doesn't matter at this point. There's no denying he seems happier, and seems to be well taken care of. Of course, there's no guarantees that will last. I wonder if Jerry will have any response?

How about the comments on that site, he's not thought very highly of.
Logan

Postby PeterC » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:51 pm

Logan wrote:Why didn't she say something in previous years, when there wasn't much going on with his career?

She did. It was all first revealed in the book she co-wrote in 1982 with Murray Silver (buy yourself a copy!).

Logan wrote:How about the comments on that site, he's not thought very highly of.

I haven't bothered reading them, though I'm not surprised. He's one of my musical heroes / idols, & can be the coolest dude on the planet, but I've also always been aware that he's not a very nice person. He's always done exactly what he wants, & it doesn't matter if those closest to him get hurt. Carl Perkins or Fats Domino he is not!
PeterC

Postby Logan » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:20 pm

PeterC wrote:
Logan wrote:Why didn't she say something in previous years, when there wasn't much going on with his career?

She did. It was all first revealed in the book she co-wrote in 1982 with Murray Silver (buy yourself a copy!).

Logan wrote:How about the comments on that site, he's not thought very highly of.

I haven't bothered reading them, though I'm not surprised. He's one of my musical heroes / idols, & can be the coolest dude on the planet, but I've also always been aware that he's not a very nice person. He's always done exactly what he wants, & it doesn't matter if those closest to him get hurt. Carl Perkins or Fats Domino he is not!

I'm aware she co-wrote the book, Great Balls Of Fire(the movie) was based off of it, I'm not mistaken. I was referring to more recent years. Jerry has repeatedly downgraded the book, not that everything he says is the gospel. To my knowledge one of the reasons He wanted "His Own Story" to be released to get what he considers to be the truth out there, though I haven't read the book yet.

Actually, one of the things I admire about him most is for better or worse he doesn't care what anyone thinks. But, yes there is a darkside to The Killer.
Logan

Postby niek81 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:34 pm

Piet wrote:I believe this has nothing to do with money, Myra did well in real-estate and married a nice man. Besides that Myra and Jerry always stayed in touch with eachother and Myra frequently visited Nesbit as we could see in pictures. Apart from that I think she loved Jerry over all those years, not alone being her first love but they had children together. Phoebe was the main connection between her parents and along the way something has happens. Phoebe is out of sight (good for her at last) and Jerry married the wife of Myra's brother. This could be enough for people to hang out the dirt. Jerry never listened to anybody about his life or health and maybe Judith realy cares about him but if you ask me who is after the money my 50 cents go to Judith.

That was also my picture of Myra and I also remember the picture from not that long ago, though pre-Judith with Phoebe and Myra and Jerry looking quite happy. That's why it suprised me a bit. Of course, not a very smart move from Jerry to marry her brother's wife. But than, I don't understand why she didn't come up with this two years ago? Now it's more something like open wounds again, for Jerry, Judith, for her brother and for herself. And on the other side, maybe it is true love? Untill now it looks that way....and about Judith going after the money....? I thought there's not that much money on Jerry's banking account so if she married him for the money, she better married someone else.
niek81

Postby PeterC » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:52 pm

niek81 wrote: I thought there's not that much money on Jerry's banking account so if she married him for the money, she better married someone else.

I'm sure there's plenty of money to be made after Jerry's gone... Not that I believe Judith is after Jerry's money (& even if she is, there's no doubt that Jerry seems much happier now).
PeterC

Postby PeterC » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:55 pm

Logan wrote:I'm aware she co-wrote the book, Great Balls Of Fire(the movie) was based off of it, I'm not mistaken. I was referring to more recent years. Jerry has repeatedly downgraded the book, not that everything he says is the gospel. To my knowledge one of the reasons He wanted "His Own Story" to be released to get what he considers to be the truth out there, though I haven't read the book yet.

Actually, one of the things I admire about him most is for better or worse he doesn't care what anyone thinks. But, yes there is a darkside to The Killer.

There's absolutely no doubt that Jerry was a woman beater. His long time bodyguard (the late) Dick West also said he'd witnessed it several times... which makes it all the more strange that in later years he's been very much controlled by a woman (Kerrie, then Phoebe, now Judith). Hard to imagine Myra or Jaren telling him what to do.
PeterC

Next

Return to Manager, fan's and assorted topics