Who remembers Brasstacks

Who remembers Brasstacks

Postby bailbath » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:33 am

http://www.courthousenews.com/2014/11/2 ... n-deal.htm

MANHATTAN (CN) - Jerry Lee Lewis cut a licensing company out of a deal with the producers of the Broadway musical "Million Dollar Quartet," a new complaint alleges.
Brasstacks Alliance sued Lewis, whom it describes as a "world-renowned music artist and pioneer in classic rock and roll music," on Friday in New York County Supreme Court. Lewis' daughter, Phoebe Lewis, and hew now-defunct Mississippi company, Pont Neuf, are also named as defendants.
A 2007 contract executed by the Lewises gave Brasstacks exclusive control of the respondents' intellectual property, plus a 20 percent commission on revenues, according to the complaint.
Brasstacks claims that the Lewises went behind its back in 2010, however, to license that same intellectual property to the producers of "Million Dollar Quartet."
The Lewises have allegedly began receiving royalties in March 2010 for "the successful Broadway musical performance that premiered on April 11, 2010, at the Nederlander Theater."
Brasstacks says the Lewises also received royalties for the Chicago production in 2008 of "Million Dollar Quartet."
The show is allegedly now on tour and playing in Las Vegas.
Brasstacks says the Lewises "excluded" it from negotiations for the show in violation of their contract.
Shangri La Roots, which is not a party to the action, also "exploited" the intellectual property "in return for a financial advance and promises of future royalty payments to be made to defendants," the complaint states.
Brasstacks say the Lewises failed to participate in arbitration.
It seeks $450,000 for bad faith and breach of contract. The company is represented by Morgan Weber with Michael B. Kramer & Associates
bailbath

Site Admin

Re: Who remembers Brasstacks

Postby Piet » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:29 pm

Never trusted the Brasstacks boys but deal is deal :oops:
My life will never be the same.
Piet

Postby PeterC » Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:17 pm

Piet wrote:Never trusted the Brasstacks boys but deal is deal :oops:

Exactly. I hope they win.
PeterC

Postby Logan » Fri Nov 28, 2014 6:53 pm

Even at 79 trouble seems to find The Killer, I'm not sure where he stands financially these days, but I'd assume it's issues like this that makes it impossible for him to ever fully retire.
Logan

Postby PeterC » Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:14 pm

Logan wrote:Even at 79 trouble seems to find The Killer, I'm not sure where he stands financially these days, but I'd assume it's issues like this that makes it impossible for him to ever fully retire.

He doesn't want to fully retire.
PeterC

Postby Logan » Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:26 am

PeterC wrote:
Logan wrote:Even at 79 trouble seems to find The Killer, I'm not sure where he stands financially these days, but I'd assume it's issues like this that makes it impossible for him to ever fully retire.

He doesn't want to fully retire.

Glad to hear it. I hope he performs a little more often in 2015 and is a little quicker about following up Rock & Roll Time.
Logan

Postby MarkusR » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:22 pm

Do you expect better and longer shows beyond the age of 80?
Why performing more often?
He has done much enough for us fans in the past and I wish he can enjoy the rest of his life in private. I don't need him to see travelling around the world and collapsing on stage while dozends of cellphones are recording this in FullHD.
MarkusR

Postby PeterC » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:32 pm

He'd probably less likely collapse if he worked more often... I don't mean 200 shows a year like B.B. King was still doing not so long ago, but he'd probably find it far easier (& stay more in key) if he played 2 or 3 shows per month.
PeterC

Return to Manager, fan's and assorted topics