24 hr sale of Cecil Harrisons record collection

Re: 24 hr sale of Cecil Harrisons record collection

Postby Chris Davies » Fri Sep 13, 2013 6:51 pm

PeterC wrote:
martin bates wrote:MJ had problems as she is a registerd UK e-bay user, but was listing from the USA. E-bay took some of the items down /could only list a few at a time etc.
When she returns to the UK, MJ is going to list again.

In other words, the 1 day "make money quick" idea didn't work... :twisted:

Did you ask her what she's doing with the record?

I was watching some of the items out of curiosity and there seemed to be very few bids or no bids on some items and way below the Reserve Price. The signed 78 of Crazy Arms/End of the Road made a fleeting appearance but was competing with an unsigned 78 of Crazy Arms also from MJ. At the end of the day the value of these things is what someone is willing to pay. If I had the cash and the freedom then I would have clicked "Buy Now" for the signed 78's. Getting them from the USA in one piece might be a nightmare though!!!
Chris Davies

Postby martin bates » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:27 pm

Chris Davies wrote:
I was watching some of the items out of curiosity and there seemed to be very few bids or no bids on some items and way below the Reserve Price. The signed 78 of Crazy Arms/End of the Road made a fleeting appearance but was competing with an unsigned 78 of Crazy Arms also from MJ. At the end of the day the value of these things is what someone is willing to pay. If I had the cash and the freedom then I would have clicked "Buy Now" for the signed 78's. Getting them from the USA in one piece might be a nightmare though!!!

I think that's to be expected with the problems described & the short time they were online - if at all; perhaps you or anyone else interested will have more luck if MJ does list them again.

Martin.
martin bates

Postby PeterC » Fri Sep 13, 2013 8:48 pm

PeterC wrote:
martin bates wrote:MJ had problems as she is a registerd UK e-bay user, but was listing from the USA. E-bay took some of the items down /could only list a few at a time etc.
When she returns to the UK, MJ is going to list again.

In other words, the 1 day "make money quick" idea didn't work... :twisted:

Did you ask her what she's doing with the record?

I guess that's a "No" then...... :roll:
PeterC

Previous

Return to Manager, fan's and assorted topics