Will Jerry Lee play again?

Re: Will Jerry Lee play again?

Postby PeterC » Thu Jul 16, 2020 8:33 pm

He has become more prudish in recent years, and perhaps he finds 'Chantilly Lace' a little too vulgar. He probably only still performs his two best known songs because he has to.

Do NOT expect to hear 'Big Legged Woman' or 'Meat Man'! :oops:
PeterC

Postby Piet » Fri Jul 17, 2020 9:42 am

PeterC wrote:He has become more prudish in recent years, and perhaps he finds 'Chantilly Lace' a little too vulgar. He probably only still performs his two best known songs because he has to.

Do NOT expect to hear 'Big Legged Woman' or 'Meat Man'! :oops:

Or sixty minute man :D
My life will never be the same.
Piet

Postby Logan » Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:56 am

It's now been two years since Jerry suffered his massive stroke. Where does everyone stand today? Do you believe he'll play again?
Logan

Postby wolfgangguhl » Wed Mar 03, 2021 1:01 pm

It has been made very clear that he will play again once it is safe. Also the new album and a new documentary are coming up.
wolfgangguhl

Postby Logan » Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:36 am

wolfgangguhl wrote:It has been made very clear that he will play again once it is safe. Also the new album and a new documentary are coming up.

I am thrilled to know he's going to get back on stage, however, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't curious how he'll pull it off. It isn't difficult to see he's having serious mobility issues since the stroke, he was having trouble before it but I wonder if he can walk at all? How will he perform with those issues? Not to mention, his hand issues, any word on that?
Logan

Postby wolfgangguhl » Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:13 pm

He has basically fully recovered. Walks around and plays piano as he did before the stroke. The album features his piano playing which is apparantly stronger than his voice. So all that sounds like his condition before the stroke. One condition that has even improved is his breathing ability. He no longer needs additional oxygene. But all that has been discussed before so there is no point in discussing it over and over again. The problem right now is that still everything is closed due to Covid-19, but that will hopefully change in the summer. I am hoping for shows around June/July. In April/May we will hopefully know more about that.
wolfgangguhl

Previous

Return to @Live