Mystery TV Show Identified!

Mystery TV Show Identified!

Postby PeterC » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:19 pm

Ever since 1997 (when this clip was rebroadcast), fans have been trying to identify where & when this is from:

Now, thanks to Amadeu's research, we can reveal that it is from Ralph Emery's Midnite Special, 19th July 1970!

Did Jerry also performed other songs on this TV appearance?
PeterC

Re: Mystery TV Show Identified!

Postby tchr » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:21 pm

PeterC wrote:Ever since 1997 (when this clip was rebroadcast), fans have been trying to identify where & when this is from:

Now, thanks to Amadeu's research, we can reveal that it is from Ralph Emery's Midnite Special, 19th July 1970!

Did Jerry also performed other songs on this TV appearance?

From a list (created by Pierre ...) I found on Kay's forum many years ago:
THE RALPH EMERY MIDNIGHT SHOW, dated 15.07.1970
-Your cheating heart
-You win again
-Cold cold heart
But no mention of GBF
tchr

Postby PeterC » Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:58 pm

Thanks Tore, I think I recall seeing that too now that you've reminded me. I wonder if the Hank Williams songs were a medley, or possibly just short versions alone at the piano similar to GBOF? Either way, hope the full show surfaces eventually!
PeterC

Postby Amadeu » Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:27 pm

According to Paul McPhail..Actual date was July 15, 1970. Jerry played Bristol, TN. on the 19th. Technically, the show began at midnight and ran an hour, so that would be 16th. He sang "Once More with Feeling" and brief interview too.
Amadeu

Postby PeterC » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:53 pm

Amadeu wrote:According to Paul McPhail..Actual date was July 15, 1970. Jerry played Bristol, TN. on the 19th. Technically, the show began at midnight and ran an hour, so that would be 16th. He sang "Once More with Feeling" and brief interview too.

Ok, thanks! Did it definitely go out "live" though? It could've been taped on one date & broadcast on another of course.
PeterC

Postby tchr » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:46 pm

PeterC wrote:Thanks Tore, I think I recall seeing that too now that you've reminded me. I wonder if the Hank Williams songs were a medley, or possibly just short versions alone at the piano similar to GBOF? Either way, hope the full show surfaces eventually!

Yes, looks like a medley to me as well. Paul mention Once More Whith Feeling, but this one is not listed in Pierres list. Don't know where Paul got his infotmation from.
tchr

Return to @Live