02.03.18 Plant City

Re: 02.03.18 Plant City

Postby wolfgangguhl » Sun Mar 04, 2018 9:53 pm

I am pretty sure he will not return.
wolfgangguhl

Postby Logan » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:38 am

wolfgangguhl wrote:No more Buck and Robert and it will stay like that.

I especially miss Buck, I think Jerry at this stage really needs more support than a three-piece-band.

I do miss Buck, but who knows, maybe he will return. Let's not speculate. Let's be grateful he can still get on that stage and hang it in !
Logan

Postby Logan » Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:00 am

Piet wrote:As far as I know Jerry has to pay his own musicians so maybe he can't afford a four piece band any longer :roll:

I doubt that. Why have you become so critical Piet? The Killer has provided you with countless good memories I'm sure. I know that to be true given your stories, I love reading them. I still go back and read some on occasion You've seen countless shows, spent a lot of money I know. Jerry Lee Isn't a perfect man by any stretch, but don't you remember why you became a fan? The Music, I assume. People like yourself and Peter C were so lucky to see him dozens of times, yet he gets old or makes choices you don't agree with and suddenly you have nothing positive to say? Although Peter C has toned down his negativity in recent months. I have news, he was probably a much meaner person when you were forking over hundreds to see him. Piet, you should make an effort to come to the states and see Jerry Lee one more time. Peter C should too. Maybe you'll rediscover why you became fan all those years ago. He may be 82 but he is still The Killer, he is still Jerry Lee Lewis.
Logan

Postby PeterC » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:12 am

How did Buck break his leg?

While I'm sorry to see him go (temporary or otherwise), I think it's good for Jerry to change band members sometimes. He's had the same musicians for far too long. Maybe Buck should be replaced by a sax player or steel guitar player or something?
PeterC

Postby jayhawks » Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:12 am

I love to see Kenny Aronoff behind the drums!
I'm a rollin' stone all alone and lost
For a life of sin I have paid the cost
When I pass by all the people say
Just another guy on the lost highway
jayhawks

Postby PeterC » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:50 am

jayhawks wrote:I love to see Kenny Aronoff behind the drums!

Yes, he's a fantastic drummer! Robert Hall is a nice guy, but I really can't understand why Jerry kept him in the band for so long.
PeterC

Postby Piet » Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:49 pm

Logan wrote:
Piet wrote:As far as I know Jerry has to pay his own musicians so maybe he can't afford a four piece band any longer :roll:

I doubt that. Why have you become so critical Piet? The Killer has provided you with countless good memories I'm sure. I know that to be true given your stories, I love reading them. I still go back and read some on occasion You've seen countless shows, spent a lot of money I know. Jerry Lee Isn't a perfect man by any stretch, but don't you remember why you became a fan? The Music, I assume. People like yourself and Peter C were so lucky to see him dozens of times, yet he gets old or makes choices you don't agree with and suddenly you have nothing positive to say? Although Peter C has toned down his negativity in recent months. I have news, he was probably a much meaner person when you were forking over hundreds to see him. Piet, you should make an effort to come to the states and see Jerry Lee one more time. Peter C should too. Maybe you'll rediscover why you became fan all those years ago. He may be 82 but he is still The Killer, he is still Jerry Lee Lewis.

I still love his music and don't get me wrong. I loved every show we've seen and if you read my stories well you will have noticed that we cared a lot about te people surounding him, they all became friends over those years and I'm glad my old friend Ray Gann is back in the band again. In that time I got a lot of inside information from some of the bandmembers as for instance Buch Baker who told me things I will never tell anyone but it learned me more about the Killer. Being such good friends with Kerrie and Phoebe gave us another look inside the family matters and while we watched Jerry's shows as hugh fans, the others were our friends. Jerry was always polite to us and never rude (I've seen him many times that way) and to Els he was always very sweet and gentle. Maybe that's why we could go along as well. After Judith came in the picture things get worse in my opinion and to be honest I haven't seen Jerry since then but that one meeting with Judith in the group was enough for me to believe everything happend in those last years. Yes Phoebe couldn't have been that bad person they wanted us to believe and I blame Jerry for letting her do this to his daughter who had been taking such good care of her dad. No father would let a daughter taking away from him by wife #... and that's what I'm blaming Jerry for and I still ove his music.
Jerry was sometime an asshole to people but that could never bather me but what they did to Phoebe made my father heart cry. As you know from my stories our daughter Edith was at several shows and met all of them and I simply can't imagine turning her down or suing her because of some golddigger.

Good old times when Phoebe was on holiday with my daughter and daugther in law, 20 years ago.
those little babies are now beautiful young girls.
My life will never be the same.
Piet

Postby Rocky » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:29 pm

If y'all remember correctly, Jerry only had a bass player and drummer in 1956-1957, and in 1958-1961 he added a guitar player in his Sun period. It was the summer of 1962 before he added a tenor sax and extra guitarist to his combo. Starting in 1963, Buck was in and out of the band 4 different periods in his life.
Rocky

Postby PeterC » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:35 pm

Indeed. Buck himself told me that he sometimes gets tired of being on the road, so quits for long periods. I'm sure the only reason he's stayed so long during this period (since Bill Strom died in 2005) is because Jerry hasn't worked much.
PeterC

Postby Logan » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:39 am

Piet wrote:
Logan wrote:

I still love his music and don't get me wrong. I loved every show we've seen and if you read my stories well you will have noticed that we cared a lot about te people surounding him, they all became friends over those years and I'm glad my old friend Ray Gann is back in the band again. In that time I got a lot of inside information from some of the bandmembers as for instance Buch Baker who told me things I will never tell anyone but it learned me more about the Killer. Being such good friends with Kerrie and Phoebe gave us another look inside the family matters and while we watched Jerry's shows as hugh fans, the others were our friends. Jerry was always polite to us and never rude (I've seen him many times that way) and to Els he was always very sweet and gentle. Maybe that's why we could go along as well. After Judith came in the picture things get worse in my opinion and to be honest I haven't seen Jerry since then but that one meeting with Judith in the group was enough for me to believe everything happend in those last years. Yes Phoebe couldn't have been that bad person they wanted us to believe and I blame Jerry for letting her do this to his daughter who had been taking such good care of her dad. No father would let a daughter taking away from him by wife #... and that's what I'm blaming Jerry for and I still ove his music.
Jerry was sometime an asshole to people but that could never bather me but what they did to Phoebe made my father heart cry. As you know from my stories our daughter Edith was at several shows and met all of them and I simply can't imagine turning her down or suing her because of some golddigger.

Good old times when Phoebe was on holiday with my daughter and daugther in law, 20 years ago.
those little babies are now beautiful young girls.

I understand that you're great friends with Phoebe. I would never call her a bad person, but I think what's going on currently is between Jerry Lee and her. None of us know what happens behind close doors. I also know it's none of my business. I will say I think every Jerry Lee Lewis fan owes her a big thank you because she helped keep him going all those years. But, I also think we now owe Judith a thank you as well. How many auto pilot shows have there been since Judith has taken over? I'd say none. He also seems more mentally alert since the last years of Phoebe, compare interviews, he is much "slower " in those years. The fact that he's still performing on a limited basis is amazing and none of you could have imagined that in the old days. That's what I focus on, that fact that he still performs, and I'm grateful for that. I'll be seeing him in Vegas next month and I couldn't be more excited. But I'm digressing. My point is none of us know what's gone on behind close doors. Personally, I hope he and Phoebe get things solved while Jerry Lee is still here, because the relationship of a father and daughter is much more important than the relationship between Artist and Manager. But whether they do or don't,it won't stop me from being a fan. It's not my business, Kerrie, Phoebe, and now Judith have helped him keep going as an artist over the last several decades in their way I'm sure. I just want to see The Killer Rock On, so far he's doing just that.
Logan

Postby Dirk B. » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:25 pm

I'm glad the killer rocks on, 'though I don't agree there were no autopilot shows after Judith came. He's still often doing the same old songs over and over - and his concerts are still the shortest rock'n'roll show on earth.
Dirk B.

Postby Rocky » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:44 pm

Buck had knee replacements. Usually takes 6 months between each knee being replaced. Don't know if he's returning or not, but that's why he dropped out.
Rocky

Postby wolfgangguhl » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:10 pm

Dirk B. wrote:I'm glad the killer rocks on, 'though I don't agree there were no autopilot shows after Judith came. He's still often doing the same old songs over and over - and his concerts are still the shortest rock'n'roll show on earth.

I agree that the set list has not always been great since he has been with Judith and some shows were a little (too) short. But he is much more mentally alert than before. And I think that what most people consider "autopilot" is being mentally absent and just going through the motions. And this has definitely changed since he is with Judith. He plays with passion and actually seems to enjoy what he is doing.
wolfgangguhl

Postby Logan » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:30 am

https://youtu.be/F_n-o6P_NMA

Here's the full show, for the most part. Jerry appears to be a little more frail her than in recent months , as always The Killer Rocks On!
Logan

Postby Piet » Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:46 am

With all the respect for Jerry that he's still able to put on a show I really wouldn't go to see another show like this.
Remenering how he always has been over all those years it's a little sad to see him like this.
Don't get me wrong, it's just my opinion, I just don't wanne see him like this..
My life will never be the same.
Piet

PreviousNext

Return to @Live