New Show New York

Re: New Show New York

Postby bailbath » Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:48 pm

PeterC wrote:
niek81 wrote:I never asked to ban people Ian. I just don't feel comfortable with that negative vibe some people are able to create here, so see no reason to stay. Of course I will follow everything around Jerry lee on facebook and elsewhere on the internet.

Wow, you came back quicker than I expected! :shock:

He won't hear what you are saying Peter as he has asked for his account to be closed.
bailbath

Site Admin

Postby bailbath » Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:50 pm

PeterC wrote:
bailbath wrote:
Logan wrote:I too suspect JW has been pushed out. There's no real need to retire with Jerry just doing the occasional show. Although I wouldn't be surprised if he comes back because it's not his first time leaving. For as much as he said "ain't no woman run me" in the new book. Kerrie, Phoebe, & Judith all certainly have. Don't get me wrong Judith has been great for Jerry obviously. However I do wonder if he would be working more if Phoebe was still in charge. I hope Judith doesn't force Kenny to "retire"

Maybe the fact that Jerry is doing less shows was reason enough for JW to retire from Jerry's show maybe he has other irons in the fire. As for forcing Kenny to retire maybe the same applies to Kenny now Jerry is doing less shows and he has other irons in the fire. Truth be told none of us know except In the case Of JW he himself has been quoted earlier in this thread that he wanted to make way for Lee.
Ian

Whatever the reason(s), don't you think JW deserves a bit more than a quick message on facebook after 40 years of service???

of course I bow to your knowledge of what has occurred or what has not occurred
bailbath

Site Admin

Postby Logan » Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:25 pm

For the record it is great to see him sounding so great and inspired, I'm not sure he's had one of his "auto pilot" shows since Judith took over. Great to see him kick that stool back! I also enjoy that lately he seems to be trying to change up WLS instead of doing the talking part and going right into the "Come ons" as he's done for years now It's become a little more unpredictable again
Logan

Postby PeterC » Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:02 pm

Logan wrote:For the record it is great to see him sounding so great and inspired, I'm not sure he's had one of his "auto pilot" shows since Judith took over.

I agree... not sure whether it's because he's happier or because he does so few shows (probably both), but either way it's great to see. He often looked so miserable during the Phoebe years (as did Phoebe, someone who's actually great fun when she's not stressed).
PeterC

Postby Logan » Sun Dec 20, 2015 1:47 am

PeterC wrote:
Logan wrote:For the record it is great to see him sounding so great and inspired, I'm not sure he's had one of his "auto pilot" shows since Judith took over.

I agree... not sure whether it's because he's happier or because he does so few shows (probably both), but either way it's great to see. He often looked so miserable during the Phoebe years (as did Phoebe, someone who's actually great fun when she's not stressed).

That's four sure. I've never met her, but she's never struck me as real friendly, bit it was probably just the stresses of the job. Just like The Killer didn't come across as very friendly in that second airport video
Logan

Postby Stefan » Mon Dec 28, 2015 2:39 pm

He is sharp and alert in the interview but I dont know what to believe about a new album in 3 months time....

http://hollandude.com/jerry-lee-lewis-r ... es-square/
Stefan

Postby Richard Harvey » Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:37 am

My friend was at the New York show and filmed these. He said Judith was on stage left, messing with her ipad through the show.

Move On Down The Line...
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=F ... ideo%2cmp4

Sweet Little Sixteen...

Rockin My Life Away...

Lewis Boogie...

Whole Lotta...
--
Richard Harvey

Postby Richard Harvey » Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:57 pm

Actually, I'll paste here what my friend wrote. It's quite refreshing after all the schmoozing and cap-doffing I see from over-earnest fans on facebook.

Now, in my horribly filmed videos, if you look to far stage left, you'll see Mrs Lee Lewis actually parked on her fat ass- on the stage- cleaning her handbag and surfing the Internet on an iPad throughout the show. Toward the end, she became kind of antsy & annoyed by how long this was all taking. He was having a good time and trying to hang in, but she kept getting up as if it was time to go. That was a first for me, but hey, how many 80 year old R&R legends do I get to see anyway?

Don't shoot me, I'm just the messenger!
--
Richard Harvey

Postby PeterC » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:31 pm

Richard Harvey wrote:Actually, I'll paste here what my friend wrote. It's quite refreshing after all the schmoozing and cap-doffing I see from over-earnest fans on facebook.

Now, in my horribly filmed videos, if you look to far stage left, you'll see Mrs Lee Lewis actually parked on her fat ass- on the stage- cleaning her handbag and surfing the Internet on an iPad throughout the show. Toward the end, she became kind of antsy & annoyed by how long this was all taking. He was having a good time and trying to hang in, but she kept getting up as if it was time to go. That was a first for me, but hey, how many 80 year old R&R legends do I get to see anyway?

Don't shoot me, I'm just the messenger!

She could've been sending up-to-date messages to JLL FB pages etc...

Agree she shouldn't be seen from stage though.
PeterC

Postby Piet » Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:28 pm

I remember the time when there was a good looking girl dancing on the stage, remember Peter :?: :D
And Richard, good to hear there are more people who don't like her!
My life will never be the same.
Piet

Postby PeterC » Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:02 pm

Piet wrote:I remember the time when there was a good looking girl dancing on the stage, remember Peter :?: :D

Yes, and (allegedly) Jimmy Rip had a very enjoyable night! :wink:

Piet wrote:And Richard, good to hear there are more people who don't like her!

Where did it say he doesn't like her? He just criticised her distracting presence on stage, that's all. :roll:
PeterC

Postby Piet » Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:58 pm

I don't say to the women I like that they have a fat ass and describe them as Richards friend does :roll:
Okay I might not like her but I never described her this way, just that I don't like her.
I wonder what she prefer herself :shock:
Anyway, we've never seen Kerrie acting like this in the past :P
Piet

Postby PeterC » Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:13 pm

Nothing wrong with fat arses! :oops:

PeterC

Postby Piet » Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:15 pm

Picture by Peter Checksfield :lol: :?: