New Show New York

Re: New Show New York

Postby PeterC » Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:01 pm

niek81 wrote:Two facts. Judith announces JW retired. JW has told people he's gonna move on.
Peter: Retired or been fired? :wink:. Based on what?
Peter: I suspect Captain Whitten didn't have much choice in the matter, but he'll be back. Based on what?
Piet: I believe he's been kicked out while the whole group almost older then JW. Based on what?

He was fired by a previous wife... and then returned.

More to the point, JW is supposed to be a close friend of the killer's, so why doesn't Jerry just have him on the road for his company?

Of course, Jerry has no loyalty. In 1988 Kenny had a couple of weeks break to look after his sick wife, and while he was away Jerry wanted to make Buck band leader (Buck thankfully refused). He also couldn't be bothered to go to his daughter's wedding after all those years she devoted to him.

As I've said many times before, Jerry is one of my biggest musical heroes, but he's not a very nice person.
PeterC

Postby bailbath » Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:10 pm

niek81 wrote:
Now he finally found a lady who seems to make him happy, he's seeing lot more people than last 10 years, he's going out, clearly enjoying shows, we get updates on how he's doing on a frequently base, but somehow after 3 years, on this forum the woman who's responsible for most of this is still considered as being a criminal or something who can't do no good.

Have to call you out on that statement Niek. This forum contains views that the owner of this forum may or may not support. This forum allows frank discussion which sometimes may be upsetting or contain passionate opinion that others disagree about. The forum is just that a vehicle for discussion. I will however try to not let any of that stray into blatant troublemaking or issues being misunderstood as being 'facts'. I hope that is clear as not a disagreement with what you said but about containing the 'on this forum' part making it somehow sound that it is the agenda of this forum to undermine Jerry Lee Lewis and Judith. I am sure that was not your intention but I had to say it.
All the best,
Ian
bailbath

Site Admin

Postby bailbath » Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:14 pm

Piet wrote:Judith announces JW is retired, Lee as roadmanager and Steve Bing as his assistent :( don't let me laugh :lol:

Steve Bing was at the one show I think you are reading too much into that.
All the best,
Ian
bailbath

Site Admin

Postby bailbath » Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:19 pm

PeterC wrote:She would say that. I suspect Captain Whitten didn't have much choice in the matter, but he'll be back. :D

You are entitled to your opinion Peter. Not everyone agree's and this has been a spirited discussion but it would be nice if those involved agreed to differ and we all continue to discuss the show. It was a great show.
all the best,
Ian
bailbath

Site Admin

Postby PeterC » Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:05 pm

I'm sure you're right, and after 40 years of devoted service Jerry and Judith are planning a lavish party and an expensive retirement gift for JW. :oops:
PeterC

Postby Logan » Fri Dec 18, 2015 11:53 pm

I too suspect JW has been pushed out. There's no real need to retire with Jerry just doing the occasional show. Although I wouldn't be surprised if he comes back because it's not his first time leaving. For as much as he said "ain't no woman run me" in the new book. Kerrie, Phoebe, & Judith all certainly have. Don't get me wrong Judith has been great for Jerry obviously. However I do wonder if he would be working more if Phoebe was still in charge. I hope Judith doesn't force Kenny to "retire"
Logan

Postby niek81 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:35 pm

bailbath wrote:
niek81 wrote:
Now he finally found a lady who seems to make him happy, he's seeing lot more people than last 10 years, he's going out, clearly enjoying shows, we get updates on how he's doing on a frequently base, but somehow after 3 years, on this forum the woman who's responsible for most of this is still considered as being a criminal or something who can't do no good.

Have to call you out on that statement Niek. This forum contains views that the owner of this forum may or may not support. This forum allows frank discussion which sometimes may be upsetting or contain passionate opinion that others disagree about. The forum is just that a vehicle for discussion. I will however try to not let any of that stray into blatant troublemaking or issues being misunderstood as being 'facts'. I hope that is clear as not a disagreement with what you said but about containing the 'on this forum' part making it somehow sound that it is the agenda of this forum to undermine Jerry Lee Lewis and Judith. I am sure that was not your intention but I had to say it.
All the best,
Ian

I'm just soooo tired of the "Judith" bashing by a few people on this forum Ian. Specially since it's based on nothing, only on prejudice. I don't wanne be part of a forum where it's ok to judge people from a highly negative point, all based on nothing. That's such a negative and depressing way of approaching people, discussions etc. But it seems that's main thing people wanna talk about here, since that kind of discussions gets far more replies than the clips I posted. Don't wanna be part of such a group so after don't know how many years, I'm out of here. Have fun guys!
niek81

Postby PeterC » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:45 pm

I don't see much "Judith bashing" on here (and I see even less "Kerrie praise"!)... but here's a reminder of my first comment after you posted the clips:

PeterC wrote:
niek81 wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuUunBCDeC4

Sweet Little Sixteen

Great! Sounding fit, healthy and inspired.

I was also the only person who replied to Chris Davies' interesting thread on the 'When Two Worlds Collide' session pianist.

Anyway, goodbye for now, though I suspect just like JW you'll be back! :wink:
PeterC

Postby bailbath » Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:05 pm

niek81 wrote:
bailbath wrote:
niek81 wrote:

All the best,
Ian

I'm just soooo tired of the "Judith" bashing by a few people on this forum Ian. Specially since it's based on nothing, only on prejudice. I don't wanne be part of a forum where it's ok to judge people from a highly negative point, all based on nothing. That's such a negative and depressing way of approaching people, discussions etc. But it seems that's main thing people wanna talk about here, since that kind of discussions gets far more replies than the clips I posted. Don't wanna be part of such a group so after don't know how many years, I'm out of here. Have fun guys!

That is understandable Niek but I can't ban people for opinion. I seriously do not want you to go. The way I look at it there are forums on JLL where you will be kicked out for a small negative remark. This forum is, I hope, not like that but needs opinion from all sides for it to work. If it become too one sided I will close the forum. It's hard enough to keep it going when it has to compete against sites like Facebook. That is it's USP trying to be not one sided or stop discussion(unless it breaks standard forum rules). There is no where on the internet as far as I'm aware that allows frank discussion around JLL. In the end the so called 'facts' about anything that none of us have first hand information of can be proven to be false in the long run or true. I try to not interfere in too many discussions but I will as you can see in this thread try to balance any issue out. I will never please everyone but hey there is more important things going on in this world than what occurs here. I understand people are passionate about JLL as I am just as passionate. I have to try and not let that passion get in the way of discussion and that's hard. Sometimes I want to write that is bullshit opinion but if I did that I would undermine myself.
Please stay Niek you are a very valued member on this forum.
Ian
bailbath

Site Admin

Postby bailbath » Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:13 pm

Logan wrote:I too suspect JW has been pushed out. There's no real need to retire with Jerry just doing the occasional show. Although I wouldn't be surprised if he comes back because it's not his first time leaving. For as much as he said "ain't no woman run me" in the new book. Kerrie, Phoebe, & Judith all certainly have. Don't get me wrong Judith has been great for Jerry obviously. However I do wonder if he would be working more if Phoebe was still in charge. I hope Judith doesn't force Kenny to "retire"

Maybe the fact that Jerry is doing less shows was reason enough for JW to retire from Jerry's show maybe he has other irons in the fire. As for forcing Kenny to retire maybe the same applies to Kenny now Jerry is doing less shows and he has other irons in the fire. Truth be told none of us know except In the case Of JW he himself has been quoted earlier in this thread that he wanted to make way for Lee.
Ian
bailbath

Site Admin

Postby niek81 » Sat Dec 19, 2015 1:36 pm

I never asked to ban people Ian. I just don't feel comfortable with that negative vibe some people are able to create here, so see no reason to stay. Of course I will follow everything around Jerry lee on facebook and elsewhere on the internet.
niek81

Postby PeterC » Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:34 pm

niek81 wrote:I never asked to ban people Ian. I just don't feel comfortable with that negative vibe some people are able to create here, so see no reason to stay. Of course I will follow everything around Jerry lee on facebook and elsewhere on the internet.

Wow, you came back quicker than I expected! :shock:
PeterC

Postby PeterC » Sat Dec 19, 2015 2:36 pm

bailbath wrote:
Logan wrote:I too suspect JW has been pushed out. There's no real need to retire with Jerry just doing the occasional show. Although I wouldn't be surprised if he comes back because it's not his first time leaving. For as much as he said "ain't no woman run me" in the new book. Kerrie, Phoebe, & Judith all certainly have. Don't get me wrong Judith has been great for Jerry obviously. However I do wonder if he would be working more if Phoebe was still in charge. I hope Judith doesn't force Kenny to "retire"

Maybe the fact that Jerry is doing less shows was reason enough for JW to retire from Jerry's show maybe he has other irons in the fire. As for forcing Kenny to retire maybe the same applies to Kenny now Jerry is doing less shows and he has other irons in the fire. Truth be told none of us know except In the case Of JW he himself has been quoted earlier in this thread that he wanted to make way for Lee.
Ian

Whatever the reason(s), don't you think JW deserves a bit more than a quick message on facebook after 40 years of service???
PeterC

PreviousNext

Return to @Live