No votes
Egggh meetup no thanks
25%
Hey any where any time both shows
25%

Total votes : 4

London or Glasgow

Postby bailbath » Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:36 pm

Well I don't think I can afford both so I got to make a choice. Part of the experience is meeting JLL fan's before or after the gig so here is a poll vote on where you are going and if you want a meet up. Plus a option to say no thanks. Feel free to add your comments on this.
Ian
bailbath

Site Admin

Re: London or Glasgow

Postby PeterC » Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:04 pm

I think most of the well-known fans will only be going to London... and yes I'd love a meet-up! :D

The only UK fan I know of who is only going to Glasgow is Jonathan Dinsdale (aka Jonny Williams) because he's gigging up there around this time.
PeterC

Postby thrund » Fri Jun 12, 2015 7:59 pm

Can't vote except you could add 'no matter where'.....will try to be on both shows and would be happy to meet up somewhere.

Thomas
The best way to avoid disappointment is to not expect anything from anyone.
thrund

Postby bailbath » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:11 pm

thrund wrote:Can't vote except you could add 'no matter where'.....will try to be on both shows and would be happy to meet up somewhere.

Thomas

Done :D :D
bailbath

Site Admin

Postby thrund » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:42 pm

bailbath wrote:Done :D :D

Me too 8)

....thank you :D

Thomas
The best way to avoid disappointment is to not expect anything from anyone.
thrund

Postby PeterC » Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:40 pm

Emma Connolly over on Facebook is trying to arrange a meet up in London, might be an idea to chat to her Ian:

https://www.facebook.com/events/1459740 ... 740971873/

Scott Doran wants to find somewhere with a piano etc, but I personally just want to catch up with fans & friends for a hour or so before the gig with a drink & maybe a bite to eat (I've never been a fan of listening to a load of JLL wannabes playing anyway, especially when I'm about to see the real thing!). Afterwards I'll be rushing to get the train home to Margate.
PeterC

Postby bailbath » Sat Jun 13, 2015 6:05 pm

Seems there was a meet up recently in Hull. I felt like i would not be welcome so didn't get involved. I agree Peter a simple meet up a bit like when there was a spontanous meetup before the last kentish town Forum gig.
bailbath

Site Admin

Postby PeterC » Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:02 pm

bailbath wrote:Seems there was a meet up recently in Hull.

I assumed he was talking about a past JLL tour?

bailbath wrote:I felt like i would not be welcome so didn't get involved.

You are welcome. Emma doesn't give a f**k about different forums etc, as long as you're a JLL fan you're welcome! :D
PeterC

Postby wolfgangguhl » Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:59 pm

PeterC wrote:Emma Connolly over on Facebook is trying to arrange a meet up in London, might be an idea to chat to her Ian:

https://www.facebook.com/events/1459740 ... 740971873/

Scott Doran wants to find somewhere with a piano etc, but I personally just want to catch up with fans & friends for a hour or so before the gig with a drink & maybe a bite to eat (I've never been a fan of listening to a load of JLL wannabes playing anyway, especially when I'm about to see the real thing!). Afterwards I'll be rushing to get the train home to Margate.

I totally agree about the JLL wannabes, who go on jamming for hours. Just noise to my ears.
wolfgangguhl

Postby PeterC » Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:35 am

Hmmm, for some reason that page has disappeared. Whatever, I'm sure we'll meet somewhere.
PeterC

Postby Richard Harvey » Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:32 pm

I read Scott asked the promoter to save the front row seats for his facebook group, but the promoter said no.

As for the meet up, it seems the people that play the piano, want there to be a piano, and the people that don't, don't. I'll be happy as long as there's a bar!
--
Richard Harvey

Postby PeterC » Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:05 pm

Richard Harvey wrote:I read Scott asked the promoter to save the front row seats for his facebook group, but the promoter said no.

This is the same guy who wrote to NASA asking for a copy of the JLL tape they sent into orbit, so his requests are getting slightly more realistic.

Richard Harvey wrote:As for the meet up, it seems the people that play the piano, want there to be a piano, and the people that don't, don't.

I play guitar, but don't want to hear any guitarists either (there will be more than enough at the show)

Richard Harvey wrote: I'll be happy as long as there's a bar!

And a stripper!
PeterC

Postby Richard Harvey » Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:19 pm

Is that true about the JLL tape? (I know Chuck had a tape sent on a Voyager probe I think, didn't know JLL did!).
--
Richard Harvey

Postby PeterC » Sun Jun 14, 2015 7:24 pm

Richard Harvey wrote:Is that true about the JLL tape? (I know Chuck had a tape sent on a Voyager probe I think, didn't know JLL did!).

Yes it is, & it's also true that Scott wrote to them, as he reposted it on the Yahoo forum (though it looked more like a text message).

I think Jerry's was some sort of personal message to the crew rather than music as in Chuck's case.
PeterC

Postby scottdoran1 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:01 am

A text message lol showing your age now it was an email not a text message, who is able to text NASA LOL HAHAHA!!
scottdoran1

Next

Return to @Live