06. September 2015 - London Palladium

Re: 06. September 2015 - London Palladium

Postby wolfgangguhl » Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:35 pm

Does anyone remember which songs Linda played in London? I need this data for my archive.
wolfgangguhl

Postby wolfgangguhl » Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:02 pm

Let's Talk About Us
Shake Rattle And Roll
Rip It Up
Old Black Joe
Good Golly Miss Molly

Thanks to Martin Bates!
wolfgangguhl

Postby wolfgangguhl » Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:03 pm

wolfgangguhl

Postby Richard Harvey » Sun Oct 04, 2015 7:14 pm

It's amazing that I was at this show, and his singing didn't sound as much out of tune on the night as it does on the sound and video I've heard since. I only started worrying about him being out of tune by the third or fourth number, but listening to that, he's off key a little right away, with the opening number.
I still say the show was a resounding success, but I do hope they pay attention to the fact that he needs to hear himself clearly and whatever audio aids he needs are revised and checked.
--
Richard Harvey

Postby niek81 » Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:27 am

niek81

Postby Tony Papard » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:52 pm

Keith Woods' Roots Music magazine #87 is now out, with several reviews of Jerry's Palladium show. To access these go to TFTW website http://www.tftw.org.uk and click on the link for latest magazine. The password this month is Palisades. The Jerry Lee reviews are on pages 39-44. Also Keith's column pages 6-7. And Jerry's picture's on the cover.
Long ago in Ferriday down in Louisiana, They all watched Jerry play and pump that old piana

My blog: http://www.tonypapard.info/

My Jerry Lee Lewis page:
http://www.btinternet.com/~tony.papard/JERRYLEELEWIS.HTM
Tony Papard

Postby PeterC » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:25 pm

Having watched this a couple of times it's undoubtedly the opening two songs that impress me the most (long energetic versions, inspired piano and strong vocals)... after that things are a little bit more hit and miss, but it's still a magical show.

PeterC

Postby matt gilliam » Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:58 pm

Thanks for posting this. Great show! I felt like I was there. Great editing Dr.
matt gilliam

Postby Logan » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:35 pm

I couldn't help but grin from ear to ear during the first two songs myself. Great to see him so inspired. While he may be a little rough vocally in certain places it's amazing how well he can still play. Hope he is able to come back over for all of you guys.
Logan

Postby Tommy » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:29 pm

What a smoking version of Wine spodee odee!! :D I just love the way he plays the lick at around 5.20! Fantastic that he still delivers after giving all this music for so long!
"Don't look at the clouds of tomorrow through the sunshine of today!"

Mick Jagger
Tommy

Postby chris morris » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:45 am

I'm glad the video of the whole concert reaffirms my view posted as soon as I got home from the Palladium that Jerry was in very good form. Some of the more negative comments posted by people who had watched individual songs out of context on YouTube point to a difference between actually going to a concert and watching selected clips if you weren't there. Video often fails to capture the atmosphere. Courtesy of Peter C., I've managed to relive on video many concerts from years ago. Some of them (eg Dartford in 1985) more than confirm my memories of amazing shows whilst others removed from the excitement of being in the audience are not quite as I remembered. The Palladium show was in my opinion quite special because as I watched and cheered, I was also thinking this was almost certainly my last show of Jerry's. As someone said, you can experience the download but you can't download the experience! atmosphere has ALWAYS been a crucial part of Jerry's concerts and the Palladium had it by the bucket load. A great gig and great memories.

Chris
chris morris

Postby bailbath » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:45 pm

chris morris wrote:I'm glad the video of the whole concert reaffirms my view posted as soon as I got home from the Palladium that Jerry was in very good form. Some of the more negative comments posted by people who had watched individual songs out of context on YouTube point to a difference between actually going to a concert and watching selected clips if you weren't there. Video often fails to capture the atmosphere. Courtesy of Peter C., I've managed to relive on video many concerts from years ago. Some of them (eg Dartford in 1985) more than confirm my memories of amazing shows whilst others removed from the excitement of being in the audience are not quite as I remembered. The Palladium show was in my opinion quite special because as I watched and cheered, I was also thinking this was almost certainly my last show of Jerry's. As someone said, you can experience the download but you can't download the experience! atmosphere has ALWAYS been a crucial part of Jerry's concerts and the Palladium had it by the bucket load. A great gig and great memories.

Chris

Amen :D
bailbath

Site Admin

Previous

Return to @Live