Jerry @David Lettermans oct 27th

Re: Jerry @David Lettermans oct 27th

Postby PeterC » Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:29 pm

If he was still a cute 22 year old most fans would love them (I can easily imagine a young Kay or Elaine swooning over such pics), but of course they're not flattering for an old man.
PeterC

Postby Richard Harvey » Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:57 pm

jarireinikka wrote:I´ll have to say I really hate these Judith´s pictures,always on pyjamas or asleep,doesn´t she take any normal pictures ever?? I´d be ashamed if I´d be Jerry.I wonder whether he knows that everybody sees these? I guess not??

It's very weird seeing all these snoozing type pictures. He looks like he lives permanently in bed or in a care-home. I do wish she'd post some dignified pictures of him. There's been some quite classy pictures of 'old man' JLL. He can still look cool.

I doubt he knows or cares these pictures are on-line.
--
Richard Harvey

Postby Tommy » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:18 pm

PeterC wrote:
Tommy wrote:I don´t see really the reason why JLL keep on recording in the studio if he not supports them? :roll:

Money? Ego? Who knows? But since around 1990 he's rarely bothered learning new songs (the excellent It Was The Whisky Talkin' (Not Me) single received no promotion from Jerry whatsoever).

Must be ego. Nowadays, artists gets more money from touring then selling records I guess :roll:
"Don't look at the clouds of tomorrow through the sunshine of today!"

Mick Jagger
Tommy

Postby PeterC » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:46 pm

Tommy wrote:Must be ego. Nowadays, artists gets more money from touring then selling records I guess :roll:

I doubt if Jerry does, not when he only performs a handful of shows per year.
PeterC

Postby niek81 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:20 pm

Scott Doran just posted on facebook that they played these songs:

bright lights big city, rock n roll time, release me, little queenie, wls, Gbof

I thought they usually do just one song. So maybe this will be a broadcast dedicated to Jerry orso?
niek81

Postby PeterC » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:24 pm

niek81 wrote:Scott Doran just posted on facebook that they played these songs:

bright lights big city, rock n roll time, release me, little queenie, wls, Gbof

I thought they usually do just one song. So maybe this will be a broadcast dedicated to Jerry orso?

Wish Jerry would do setlists like this (with an additional 5 or 6 songs) at concerts! :shock:
PeterC

Postby Logan » Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:55 am

Well I watched Letterman, I'm a little disappointed by the appearance. Unfortunately, Jerry only sat in with Paul and his band. So that meant Jerry only played when they were going to or coming back from commercial. I was under the impression he'd do a full televised performance at the end of show. From what I heard though Jerry sounded strong outside of it sounded like his voice cracked in the middle of Great Balls Of Fire. You could tell he had to read the words to Rock & Roll Time, as expected. He sounded and appeared much better than previous Letterman performances, but again really disappointing that TV viewers didn't get to hear him do a full song.
Logan

Postby PirateHook » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:36 am

The choice of songs is very good, this time he really chosen some good ones in Tv. And they shouldn't had cut them down! But i know that so many full songs in a Tv-Show will probably never happen. It is a pity, normal people should hear them!
PirateHook

Postby PirateHook » Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:44 am

I don't think he cares now. She has taken some really good photos too. I haven't seen all of her FB photos...

jarireinikka wrote:I´ll have to say I really hate these Judith´s pictures,always on pyjamas or asleep,doesn´t she take any normal pictures ever?? I´d be ashamed if I´d be Jerry.I wonder whether he knows that everybody sees these? I guess not??
PirateHook

Postby PeterC » Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:37 am

Logan wrote:You could tell he had to read the words to Rock & Roll Time, as expected.

He did that with Goosebumps on 'The Tonight Show with Jay Leno' back in 1995 (almost certainly the first time he read the lyrics on a TV show). Of course, he could also do that onstage though I doubt if he'd bother.
PeterC

Postby Dirk B. » Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:22 pm

What a pity! The killer plays such a setlist and it's not shown on TV!!!
Dirk B.

Postby Rocky » Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:43 pm

I noticed when Paul Schaffer introduced Jerry, he held up the new album (vinyl version-not CD). At least he got to sing several verses of the title song.
Rocky

Postby niek81 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:03 pm

Anybody knows if we can watch it somewhere online?

I tried to watch it on CBS website, but...it's not available in my country (Holland).

I think it won't show up on youtube quickly, since the songs are splitted up.
niek81

Postby niek81 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:16 pm

niek81

Postby lucio » Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:17 pm

It was indeed very disappointing to see just a few seconds of Jerry performing on Letterman. From what I understand he sang complete songs for the audience while the show cut away for commercials.
Perhaps it could help if we all wrote to the show asking them to upload the complete songs on their site or youtube. Worth a try anyway.
Here is the email for the Letterman show:

LateShow@cbs.com

Lucio
lucio

PreviousNext

Return to @Live