Re: 07.11.14 Memphis (new show)

Postby bailbath » Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:37 pm

FernandoOscarGil wrote:From Claudio Fort Facebook

I agree with that
bailbath

Site Admin

Postby PirateHook » Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:53 am

Maybe he did the right thing? I found this on Jerry Lee Lewis Videos FB group. And i thought it must be shared. :D

Jelly Roll the concert was canceled at the last moment .. what do I do? I eat my tickets or I'll look at him at his home..

Hello friends!! After the concert canceled of Jerry Lee, I was so disappointed, I went to his house the next morning and I rang the intercom. I said that I had come to France just for the concert, and the gate was opened! Jerry Lee's wife greeted us, my wife and me visited his home, his cars, his room, and Judith has prepared cakes !! Jerry Lee was lying, he was sick. We can't see him.. Then we are left with CDs, t-shirts and posters. it was magical

PirateHook

Postby niek81 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:31 pm

http://www.localmemphis.com/story/d/sto ... L9ilXqHmQw

Seems not all people seems to understand that this can happen to 79 year old artists...

Strange thing though, they talk about hundreds of people. Does that mean like 400 or 500 people? I thought the Cannon Centre is pretty big. On one of the pics that was posted (not sure if it was taken before or after the people were told Jerry wouldn't make it) you also can see just a few hundred people. Judith also posted a message day before they show, more or less saying that all shows all over USA and Europe are more or less sold out while for this one still lot of tickets available. Kinda a strange that this special show in his hometown was not sold out or close to it.

Now let's hope Jerry will recover soon and they can keep up the good energy and buzz that has been there last month.
niek81

Postby RickyNC » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:55 am

I wonder if jerry went to the hospital or emergency orthopedic clinic and what did they say? or what r they r going to do? I really hope he gets better and gets the help he needs.and makes speedy recovery
RickyNC

Postby PirateHook » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:32 am

Well i hope those fans would have been raised at the Centre! I couldn't almost not believe what some of them has said (He's probably still in New York," said fan Marie Butler, "It's very disappointing. I think not enough people showed up, so he went home," said another disappointed fan) If the explanation wasn't enough, there's always Prison to visit.
PirateHook

Postby wolfgangguhl » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:19 pm

PirateHook wrote:Well i hope those fans would have been raised at the Centre! I couldn't almost not believe what some of them has said (He's probably still in New York," said fan Marie Butler, "It's very disappointing. I think not enough people showed up, so he went home," said another disappointed fan) If the explanation wasn't enough, there's always Prison to visit.

Well, Jerry has worked on his reputation over the years...
wolfgangguhl

Postby Logan » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:08 pm

niek81 wrote:http://www.localmemphis.com/story/d/story/jerry-lee-lewis-fans-disappointed-after-no-show/42254/LRldgIajkUStL9ilXqHmQw

Seems not all people seems to understand that this can happen to 79 year old artists...

Strange thing though, they talk about hundreds of people. Does that mean like 400 or 500 people? I thought the Cannon Centre is pretty big. On one of the pics that was posted (not sure if it was taken before or after the people were told Jerry wouldn't make it) you also can see just a few hundred people. Judith also posted a message day before they show, more or less saying that all shows all over USA and Europe are more or less sold out while for this one still lot of tickets available. Kinda a strange that this special show in his hometown was not sold out or close to it.

Now let's hope Jerry will recover soon and they can keep up the good energy and buzz that has been there last month.

Not to make excuses for Jerry, but we as fans need to keep in mind that every time we buy a ticket to see him these days there's always the possibility that he won't be able to make it. At his age I'm sure physically he has his good days and bad. I understand being disappointed and I certainly would be, but the fact that two of the people they interviewed gave off the impression that they thought he no showed without good reason is surprising to me. I do hope he at least thought he had a realistic shot of making the show before he canceled though.
Logan

Postby PeterC » Tue Nov 11, 2014 12:13 am

Why is this such a surprise to long time fans? He's been a little more reliable over the past decade, but for 15 years before that he was one of the worse no-showers in the business. So as Wolfie pointed out, Jerry has built up this "no show " reputation himself, & people aren't going to believe genuine reasons as readily as they are for other artists.
PeterC

Postby Dave McKee » Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:16 am

Don't you think that the TV reporters always show the worst comments. I'm sure there were people who understood that Jerry was not well.
Dave McKee

Postby martin bates » Wed Nov 12, 2014 1:13 pm

it can be seen on the BBK videos that he has real trouble just rising from the bench at the end of the show; (perhaps that is why the curtain was dropped at the Ryman ?) & in Judith's comments she said there was a real concern should he fall etc so I think this is really worrying for them & a sensible precaution. The comments by people in the audience like he was 'still in New York' or whatever are even more baffling now we learn that the Memphis Beats & Annie actually performed their sets.
Back in the day, I always thought his no-shows were relatively few given the frequent number of shows that he did; when he cancelled some of the 85 tour, I remember writing at the time that Phil Collins, Cliff Richard & The Rolling Stones were among others who cancelled performances for one reason or another at around the same time. For them,it was their one & only tour that year, whereas Jerry performed a regular string of one- niters throughout his entire career in between tours all around the world. Of course even Jerry's work rate doesn't match Chuck or BB KIng as I'm sure people will point out :) - just sayin he's not exactly George Jones......

Martin.
martin bates

Postby wolfgangguhl » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:05 pm

I remember they wanted to reschedule this show. Any news?
wolfgangguhl

Postby thrund » Wed Jan 07, 2015 2:09 pm

wolfgangguhl wrote:I remember they wanted to reschedule this show. Any news?

No.

Thomas
The best way to avoid disappointment is to not expect anything from anyone.
thrund

Previous

Return to @Live