05.07.14 Valley Center

Re: 05.07.14 Valley Center

Postby niek81 » Mon Jul 07, 2014 9:30 pm

Two more clips from different view. And you can't see Jerry as he's reflecting all the light haha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l105mHtQMgY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJyg0DJrygE
niek81

Postby lucio » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:22 pm

thrund wrote:Setlist:

Down The Line (Jerry Lee Lewis)
Drinkin' Wine Spo-Dee-O-Dee (Jerry Lee Lewis)
You Win Again (Jerry Lee Lewis)
Before The Night Is Over (Jerry Lee Lewis)
Don't Put No Headstone On My Grave (Jerry Lee Lewis)
Roll Over Beethoven (Jerry Lee Lewis)
She Even Woke Me Up To Say Goodbye (Jerry Lee Lewis)
Mexicali Rose (Jerry Lee Lewis)
Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On (Jerry Lee Lewis)
Great Balls Of Fire (Jerry Lee Lewis)

Thomas

It's about time that they removed the above 10 songs from Jerry's list of songs to sing. I understand the need for GBOF/Shakin' but the rest? Guess I'm a little sad to see that this may be the best we can expect from The Killer as we face the future. Anyway, I'm happy to see him looking good and still touring.
lucio

Postby PeterC » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:00 am

Of the others songs, the two I'd keep are 'You Win Again' and 'Roll Over Beethoven', as both are nearly always great (and they're well known songs for even casual fans). The rest should be substituted for different songs though. He had dozens of country hits from 1968 to 1981, yet 'She Even Woke Me Up To Say Goodbye' is the only one he performs... and why doesn't he ever play 'What'd I Say' these days?
PeterC

Postby lucio » Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:52 am

I would agree with Beethoven but You Win Again is being performed horribly most of the time with Jerry clearly off key, especially when he goes in to the chorus ('this old heart of mine..."). Strangely, the other songs he seems to be singing badly is 'Down The Line' and 'Shakin'.
I still believe that all this could probably be sorted out if he used those ear pieces like major performers do these days. The voice is clear and more powerful than it has been in many years but I'm sure he is not hearing himself very well.
So many great hits yet so few being performed anymore.
lucio

Previous

Return to @Live