30.07.12 Monte Carlo CANCELLED



Re: 30.07.12 Monte Carlo

Postby wolfgangguhl » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:39 pm

Stefan wrote:WHO is the management ??


Everybody associated with his business (a variety of people I cannot pin down).
wolfgangguhl

 
Posts: 3990
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:55 pm
Location: Munich, Germany

Re: 30.07.12 Monte Carlo

Postby Stefan » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:49 pm

Ok but I meant who his personal manager is ?
Stefan

 
Posts: 355
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:17 am

Re: 30.07.12 Monte Carlo

Postby PeterC » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:50 pm

Stefan wrote:Ok but I meant who his personal manager is ?


J.W. Whitten. But he doesn't book shows.
PeterC

User avatar
 
Posts: 3493
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:23 pm

Re: 30.07.12 Monte Carlo

Postby Stefan » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:56 pm

I thought JW Whitten is hos roadmanager on tours and Phoebe (in her days) was his personal manager.
Stefan

 
Posts: 355
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:17 am

Re: 30.07.12 Monte Carlo

Postby niek81 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:56 pm

I just checked, you can still order tickets for this show. Does that mean that the Lewis camp still haven't let them know that Jerry will not be there? Or is he recovering so well and will he do this show? I would almost call it "cheating" or "stealing" if they let this company sell tickets, knowing that he won't show up....well done Lewis Company!
niek81

 
Posts: 1228
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:54 pm
Location: Eindhoven

Re: 30.07.12 Monte Carlo

Postby wolfgangguhl » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:27 pm

niek81 wrote:I just checked, you can still order tickets for this show. Does that mean that the Lewis camp still haven't let them know that Jerry will not be there? Or is he recovering so well and will he do this show? I would almost call it "cheating" or "stealing" if they let this company sell tickets, knowing that he won't show up....well done Lewis Company!


Why should they tell those people it is cancelled when in fact he will probably show up? As it looks now this show will mark his return to the stage.
wolfgangguhl

 
Posts: 3990
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:55 pm
Location: Munich, Germany

Re: 30.07.12 Monte Carlo

Postby Stefan » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:34 pm

The money in this show is to good to turn down I guess.
Stefan

 
Posts: 355
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:17 am

Re: 30.07.12 Monte Carlo

Postby wolfgangguhl » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:37 pm

Stefan wrote:The money in this show is to good to turn down I guess.


Well, Jerry Lee Lewis loves his fans. You know... :roll:
wolfgangguhl

 
Posts: 3990
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:55 pm
Location: Munich, Germany

Re: 30.07.12 Monte Carlo

Postby niek81 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:39 pm

wolfgangguhl wrote:
niek81 wrote:I just checked, you can still order tickets for this show. Does that mean that the Lewis camp still haven't let them know that Jerry will not be there? Or is he recovering so well and will he do this show? I would almost call it "cheating" or "stealing" if they let this company sell tickets, knowing that he won't show up....well done Lewis Company!


Why should they tell those people it is cancelled when in fact he will probably show up? As it looks now this show will mark his return to the stage.


This show and the 2 shows in june are still mentioned on his own website Jerryleelewis.com and the AIM website. So if we have to believe Jerry's people/AIM he will be playing in june in France and july in Monaco. Why should I in that case take it for real that the shows in june are not gonna happen (although they are mentioned on those 2 websites) but the one in july will happen?

This kind of specualtion is the result of course from many years of no professional management. Due to that way of handeling and the fact that they still advertise with show that are not gonna happen on their own website, I almost can't believe that show in Monaco will happen. If their websites and way of handling around cancelled shows/tours would have been more transparant, and the Monaco one was the only one mentioned, I would have believed it. But now...I would love to hear something from Lewis camp or AIM before I book my flight to Monaco....

By the way, why would this show mark his return to the stage? They cancelled shows in the USA at the end of june if I'm right, I guess because they predict he will not be able to play, but they think one week later he will be in such a good shape that he can even fly to Europe to do a show there....On the other side, months ago Judith already said that she "hoped" they would make it to Europe since all the travelling was so much (or maybe even to much), while at the same time they where saying YES to shows in Europe.

For me it's OK for Jerry if he's gonna stop his career as a professional musician, but I really hope it will happen in a respectfull and professional way.
niek81

 
Posts: 1228
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:54 pm
Location: Eindhoven

Re: 30.07.12 Monte Carlo

Postby wolfgangguhl » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:48 pm

Niek, take your pills and cool down. The June shows are off. The Monte Carlo show is over one month (not week) later. Apart from that they probably pay very well as Stefan pointed out. The Monte Carlo promoter contacted JLL's management and they gave their ok for the show.

Forget the Official Website. They list Monte Carlo as being on June 30th when in fact it is July. They are also still listing shows that have been cancelled a long time ago. But that's Jerry Lee Lewis' business. It has always been amateurish!
wolfgangguhl

 
Posts: 3990
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:55 pm
Location: Munich, Germany

Re: 30.07.12 Monte Carlo

Postby wolfgangguhl » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:51 pm

And Chuck Berry and Jerry Lee Lewis will always be remembered as giants in music no matter how foolish they behaved towards the end of their lives/careers. It does not really matter. And Chuck is behaving a lot worse than Jerry as you know. Jerry Lee Lewis does not keep money from cancelled shows.
wolfgangguhl

 
Posts: 3990
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:55 pm
Location: Munich, Germany

Re: 30.07.12 Monte Carlo

Postby niek81 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:01 pm

wolfgangguhl wrote:And Chuck Berry and Jerry Lee Lewis will always be remembered as giants in music no matter how foolish they behaved towards the end of their lives/careers. It does not really matter. And Chuck is behaving a lot worse than Jerry as you know. Jerry Lee Lewis does not keep money from cancelled shows.


I'm still one of the people on this forum that don't use pills for anything Wolfgang so no need to take pills right now.

But OK, your completely right. How could I even think about that Monaco show not happening....of course it's gonna happen. All signs and circumstances seems to be more than positive last months. So yes, how could I even have my doubts...So, who's gonna join me for that one?

And of course, it's much better for Jerry to end his carreer in the same conditions as he was around 2000 when Steve Bing and Jimmy Rip couldn't even found him because his carreer had been such a mess and nobody was interested anymore. Sorry that for a moment I had other ideas by ending a 60 year carreer ;)

See ya'll in Monaco!
niek81

 
Posts: 1228
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:54 pm
Location: Eindhoven

Re: 30.07.12 Monte Carlo

Postby wolfgangguhl » Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:14 pm

He plans to return to the stage in Monte Carlo and according to JW and Linda Gail he is recovering and will be ready for the show. What's wrong with that?

And why is this "ending a career on a positive note" so important to you? It does not matter. When Chuck Berry dies, I can imagine the headlines "Chuck Berry, rock'n'roll legend and famous for such as 'Johnny B. Goode' and who inspired the likes of The Rolling Stones blablabla...". Nobody will remember that he was a first rate jerk in his final years. Jerry Lee Lewis will remembered for being one of the cornerstones of rock'n'roll, for "Great Balls Of Fire" and for marrying his 13-year old cousin. That's it. If he wants to spend his final days eating egg sandwiches, shitting and pissing his pants and watching "Gunsmoke", so be it. I doubt we have got any influence on it.
wolfgangguhl

 
Posts: 3990
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:55 pm
Location: Munich, Germany

Re: 30.07.12 Monte Carlo

Postby PeterC » Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:23 pm

niek81 wrote:
And of course, it's much better for Jerry to end his carreer in the same conditions as he was around 2000 when Steve Bing and Jimmy Rip couldn't even found him because his carreer had been such a mess and nobody was interested anymore.


He did a successful "Legends" European Tour with Chuck and Richard that year (& was in far better shape than he was 2 years earlier), as well the 'Piano Grand' TV special, the 'Kerrie Live' TV show and probably the best of his birthday concerts amongst other things. So his career really wasn't doing that badly...
PeterC

User avatar
 
Posts: 3493
Joined: Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:23 pm

Re: 30.07.12 Monte Carlo

Postby niek81 » Sat Jun 02, 2012 5:29 pm

wolfgangguhl wrote:He plans to return to the stage in Monte Carlo and according to JW and Linda Gail he is recovering and will be ready for the show. What's wrong with that?

And why is this "ending a career on a positive note" so important to you? It does not matter. When Chuck Berry dies, I can imagine the headlines "Chuck Berry, rock'n'roll legend and famous for such as 'Johnny B. Goode' and who inspired the likes of The Rolling Stones blablabla...". Nobody will remember that he was a first rate jerk in his final years. Jerry Lee Lewis will remembered for being one of the cornerstones of rock'n'roll, for "Great Balls Of Fire" and for marrying his 13-year old cousin. That's it. If he wants to spend his final days eating egg sandwiches, shitting and pissing his pants and watching "Gunsmoke", so be it. I doubt we have got any influence on it.


I never said that there's something wrong with returning to the stage Wolfgang. Main complaint from my site was that there are 3 shows on jerryleelewis.com and the website of AIM rocks while at least 2 of these shows will not happen. That's confusing, or am I wrong at that?

Beside that, I gave my opinion on how I wished somebody would end a career. I don't say we have any influence on it, and I really hope Jerry will stop doing live shows when he's not able to deliver quality or has no fun. And yes, if he wants to make one mess of it, or shitting and pissing his pants like you say, it's his right but I can still have an opinion about it. On most forums that's no problem.

About the Chuck thing, I wouln't be to sure about it. When he dies I think 50% will be about the fact that he influenced the Stones etc but I think the other 50% will be about his behaviour business wise. At least in Holland most articles about him in recent years spoke about him in that way, since more and more of his strange habits are well known. But that's another discussion.
niek81

 
Posts: 1228
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:54 pm
Location: Eindhoven

PreviousNext

Return to @Live

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests