14.02.10 Shreveport

Postby Maarten K. » Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:54 pm

peterchecksfield wrote:
Tommy wrote:No one who saw him yesterday?

No.

Peter H. did and will write a report for FBM. At least that was said on Yahoo.
Maarten K.

Postby Dirk B. » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:44 pm

That's the fist time Jerry does a concert and we get absolute zero information afterwards!
Dirk B.

Postby peterchecksfield » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:07 pm

Dirk B. wrote:That's the fist time Jerry does a concert and we get absolute zero information afterwards!

We got absolute zero information after almost all U.S. concerts prior to circa 2003 (& anyway we'll be getting a detailed review of this concert in FBM)... :wink:
peterchecksfield

Postby wolfgangguhl » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:30 pm

That's not true. Thomas Sobczak's website usually featured set lists and reviews, also of US shows.
wolfgangguhl

Postby thrund » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:15 pm

Peter Hayman wrote on the yahoo messageboard:

The Shreveport show was excellent!Jerry delivered a full hour of excitement and was on top form.Every number was very good,with both his piano and voice great.His solos were generally greeted by screams and cheers.Furthermore he seemed to be really enjoying himself,making jokes and flirting with the girls.It was very pleasing to see him doing so well!
thrund

Postby thrund » Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:32 am

thrund wrote:Peter Hayman wrote on the yahoo messageboard:

The Shreveport show was excellent!Jerry delivered a full hour of excitement and was on top form.Every number was very good,with both his piano and voice great.His solos were generally greeted by screams and cheers.Furthermore he seemed to be really enjoying himself,making jokes and flirting with the girls.It was very pleasing to see him doing so well!

....and:

Songs included,Down the line,Rockin my life away,beethoven,Y.W.Again,as far as I'm concerned,Trouble In mind,Headstone,Before the night is over,Drinkin'Wine,I don't want to be lonely,She even woke me up,CCRider,Mexicali Rose......no really unusual numbers though.
thrund

Postby Piet » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:38 pm

thrund wrote:Peter Hayman wrote on the yahoo messageboard:

And Peter hardly says anything negative :roll:
My life will never be the same.
Piet

Postby peterchecksfield » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:40 pm

Piet wrote:And Peter hardly says anything negative :roll:

Neither does Piet. :wink:
peterchecksfield

Postby Piet » Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:54 pm

peterchecksfield wrote:
Piet wrote:And Peter hardly says anything negative :roll:

Neither does Piet. :wink:

You're almost right :thumbsup
My life will never be the same.
Piet

Shreveport

Postby Rocky » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:03 pm

Another carbon copy report from Peter Hayman. 200 shows mostly with the same song list in the past 15 years, and Peter says 'best version of this song I've heard so far". Man, they keep getting better. Does he ever find even one thing to complain about? Any of us could write Peters report for him, even before he sees the show.
Rocky

Postby guilherme mello » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:25 pm

Sorry Rocky, but i don´t think this is true! Maybe Peter don´t get too critical and negative on Jerry Lee, but he clearly says when it was an excellent, a very good, an ok, or just a bellow par performance. Of course,it is very different when you see the show and when you just hear it afterward, because of the momentum and the climate generated by the public, which is never fully capturated by a sound or even a video record! Overall, i think Peter Hayman is the best thing for us fans regarding Jerry Lee shows information. He is not too critical but have a good base of comparation to say when Jerry is or isn´t inspired and, most particullar (and i think most important nowdays) happy and fit!

Rock on!
guilherme mello

Postby bailbath » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:25 pm

He can't help it if he enjoys himself and he keeps going back for more! At least we keep in touch with the shows!
Ian
bailbath

Site Admin

Postby bailbath » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:27 pm

guilherme mello wrote:Sorry Rocky, but i don´t think this is true! Maybe Peter don´t get too critical and negative on Jerry Lee, but he clearly says when it was an excellent, a very good, an ok, or just a bellow par performance. Of course,it is very different when you see the show and when you just hear it afterward, because of the momentum and the climate generated by the public, which is never fully capturated by a sound or even a video record! Overall, i think Peter Hayman is the best thing for us fans regarding Jerry Lee shows information. He is not too critical but have a good base of comparation to say when Jerry is or isn´t inspired and, most particullar (and i think most important nowdays) happy and fit!

Rock on!

Couldn't put any better.
bailbath

Site Admin

Postby peterchecksfield » Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:56 pm

guilherme mello wrote:Sorry Rocky, but i don´t think this is true! Maybe Peter don´t get too critical and negative on Jerry Lee, but he clearly says when it was an excellent, a very good, an ok, or just a bellow par performance. Of course,it is very different when you see the show and when you just hear it afterward, because of the momentum and the climate generated by the public, which is never fully capturated by a sound or even a video record! Overall, i think Peter Hayman is the best thing for us fans regarding Jerry Lee shows information. He is not too critical but have a good base of comparation to say when Jerry is or isn´t inspired and, most particullar (and i think most important nowdays) happy and fit!

Rock on!

Personally I can see both points of view...

When's the last time you saw Peter mention a "below par" performance? The thing which always makes me laugh is that he'll come out with something like "Jerry was better overall than the last tour" but he never says "Jerry was worse overall than the last tour". I also agree with Rocky (a.k.a. Paul MacPhail) that the songs can't always keep getting better (were recent versions of 'No Headstone On My Grave' truly better than the versions he did in 1980 or 1982 for example?).

But yes, Peter Hayman is really good to all us fans, & if it wasn't for him we wouldn't even know what most U.S. shows were like. A good person.
peterchecksfield

Postby wolfgangguhl » Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:59 am

peterchecksfield wrote:

Rock on!

Personally I can see both points of view...

When's the last time you saw Peter mention a "below par" performance? The thing which always makes me laugh is that he'll come out with something like "Jerry was better overall than the last tour" but he never says "Jerry was worse overall than the last tour". I also agree with Rocky (a.k.a. Paul MacPhail) that the songs can't always keep getting better (were recent versions of 'No Headstone On My Grave' truly better than the versions he did in 1980 or 1982 for example?).

But yes, Peter Hayman is really good to all us fans, & if it wasn't for him we wouldn't even know what most U.S. shows were like. A good person.

100 % agreed.
wolfgangguhl

PreviousNext

Return to @Live