Jerry in the recording studio/ New album 2010



Postby peterchecksfield » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:41 pm

martin bates wrote:
peterchecksfield wrote:written by people who listen to the hype instead of the music...

Trust me, in a few years time most fans will prefer LMS to MOM.


I don't think that's the point, Peter. Most people are simply saying how much they enjoy MOM; which against the dire predictions on many hearing the samples & even the EP, is a surprise. The general public certainly have been enthused in comments on the internet as well as fans & reviewers. How it compares to LMS is irrelevent,surely ?
As a matter of fact, I've been pleasantly surprised with the finished product and it's growing on me more & more. I didn't get inspired by the EP much at all - & much as I liked Kid on LMS/ LMS live, his (& Slashs) track is my least fav. here.
Martin.


No, several fans here & elsewhere have insisted that it's better than LMS.

I can recall people saying that 'My Fingers Do The Talkin'' was better than 'Killer Country', but we'd be hard-pushed to find anyone with that opinion now.
peterchecksfield

 

Postby Albert » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:03 pm

peterchecksfield wrote:
niek81 wrote:http://www.assault.it/2010/09/16/review-jerry-lee-lewis-mean-old-man/

The first less positive review.

Niek


Also the most accurate review (apart from saying that LMS was in 2008).


one of the things this gentleman/lady writes is "The best, though,is the title track: a rollicking keeper, a lively reminder that Lewis is capable of making exciting music after three quarters of a century on this earth".

in other words this gentleman/lady is saying jerry is stil great so i'm surprised you haven't called him or her an idi*t
Albert

 
Posts: 47
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 6:38 pm

Postby niek81 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:21 pm

peterchecksfield wrote:
niek81 wrote:
peterchecksfield wrote:
niek81 wrote:http://www.assault.it/2010/09/16/review-jerry-lee-lewis-mean-old-man/

The first less positive review.

Niek


Also the most accurate review (apart from saying that LMS was in 2008).


Why is this one more accurate than the positive reviews? It comes closer to your personal opinion, but that doesn't mean it's more accurate.

I am happy though to see most reviews have been very positive!


Because the others are written by people who listen to the hype instead of the music...

Trust me, in a few years time most fans will prefer LMS to MOM.


This is getting really funny, first you put the album down and more or less you say it will do Jerry's carreer more harm than good etc. Now your proven wrong with the album getting lot's of positive reviews, and now all of a sudden all the positive reviewers listen to the hype instead of the music. That way, LMS was bad as well, as possible those writers were listening to the hype as well....

Í don't like it when people say Jerry played great when he did a bad show or something. But I'm also getting a bit tired of this moaning. Peter C and a few fans don't like a new CD, and we had to trust them, once the thing will be released it would be put down etc. Now the thing is released, the whole world seems to like and on this forum it's still not possible to post reviews without starting the whole thing again and you still keep trying to convince people that this is a bad CD.
niek81

 
Posts: 1228
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:54 pm
Location: Eindhoven

Postby bailbath » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:19 pm

niek81 wrote:
peterchecksfield wrote:
niek81 wrote:
peterchecksfield wrote:
niek81 wrote:http://www.assault.it/2010/09/16/review-jerry-lee-lewis-mean-old-man/

The first less positive review.

Niek


Also the most accurate review (apart from saying that LMS was in 2008).


Why is this one more accurate than the positive reviews? It comes closer to your personal opinion, but that doesn't mean it's more accurate.

I am happy though to see most reviews have been very positive!


Because the others are written by people who listen to the hype instead of the music...

Trust me, in a few years time most fans will prefer LMS to MOM.


This is getting really funny, first you put the album down and more or less you say it will do Jerry's carreer more harm than good etc. Now your proven wrong with the album getting lot's of positive reviews, and now all of a sudden all the positive reviewers listen to the hype instead of the music. That way, LMS was bad as well, as possible those writers were listening to the hype as well....

Í don't like it when people say Jerry played great when he did a bad show or something. But I'm also getting a bit tired of this moaning. Peter C and a few fans don't like a new CD, and we had to trust them, once the thing will be released it would be put down etc. Now the thing is released, the whole world seems to like and on this forum it's still not possible to post reviews without starting the whole thing again and you still keep trying to convince people that this is a bad CD.


Well said Niek. I think in fact I know that I will prefer MOM to LMS but that is my preference but hey it is my opinion. We all like different things and thank god for that but one fact remains Jerry has a album in the billboard top thirty which is a amazing achievement and it makes me proud. Why do people have to put Jerry down? I think it would be nice to be able to say I like something without being shot down because I'm not a musician or I am to much in favour of someone who has made mistakes in there life. In the end Jerry is on a no win situation because if he sounds too young he will be accused of having his voice altered or if he sounds his age he suddenly past it and can't sing.
I understand how it makes people feel with certain people constantly putting negative comments and this forum is getting a reputation too far towards negative. I would never want to stop people expressing there thoughts on here so it is a hard balance to make sometimes for positive and negative posts. I will monitor the situation and try to do the best I can!
I am going to lock this now as we have two threads going on Mean Old Man.
Ian
bailbath

User avatar
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2649
Joined: Fri May 25, 2007 7:49 am
Location: Bath, uk

Previous

Return to Archive

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron