Jerry Lee Bootlegs

Bootlegs

Postby peter molecz » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:33 pm

Don´t forget Jerry´s very first bootleg on Rockville Records R-EP 101.
This EP was from a Dutch radio programm by Cees Klop and was released
in the mid 60`s.

Alive and Rockin LP was released with 2 different labels.
Let´s Live A Little 2LP was not only released with brown and blue cover but also with white cover. The brown cover version was released with 2 different labels.

There are many important Various Artists bootlegs like the South African release of the London Rock´n Roll Show (only 2 Jerry songs),the different Keith Richards bootlegs from the Salute Show (A Slice Of Rock´n Roll, The Guys Never Die in different variants + EP´s from this show), the Johnny Cash bootleg The Living Legend from the Rotterdam 1981 show,
Eternal Elvis Vol.2 incl. an "electronically duet" with Jerry on Don´t Be Cruel (terribel !!), the Australian Things Go Better With Coca Cola incl. Jerry´s It´s The Real Thing, the bootlegs from Jamboree and more....

Peter M.
peter molecz

Postby Forrest Mayer » Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:19 pm

Andrew McRae wrote:THE KILLER IS BACK! (2LPs) Silver Eagle SE8 3852 1986?

Has anyone noticed that "Keep My Motor Runnin'" was released on the CD version, but not on the above record? Are there more songs missing from the record? Some not on either one perhaps? :?:
Best Regards, Mayer
Forrest Mayer

Postby peter molecz » Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:10 pm

As an audience recording hasn´t survived from the show at E. M. Loew´s Theatre, it´s hard to say if there are more songs missing. The bootleg
has its source in the radio transcription set which has Keep My Motor Running ommited on the radio broadcast. We have noticed this since the release of the professional made CD since many, many years. Same with Big legged Woman on the Gilley´s CD.

Peter M.
peter molecz

Postby Forrest Mayer » Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:24 pm

Interesting, thanks!!
Best Regards, Mayer
Forrest Mayer

Postby jarireinikka » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:50 am

Another new bootleg released:

JERRY LEE LEWIS - ROCK 'N' ROLL RESURRECTION

(19 rare recordings. Incss...USA promo for Last Man Standing CD, 9 tracks that never made it on to The Last Man Standing CD + 8 live tracks from Radio KGRW circa 06-09-2006. Songs include: Bright Lights Big City, The Last Cheaters Waltz, No Headstone On My Grave, Mexicali Rose, Roll Over Beethoven, Trouble In Mind, Sweet Little 16, Lucille, Why You Been Gone So Long - full coloured booklet)

nothing new there,I think...I think I got the same already...
jarireinikka

Postby thrund » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:31 pm

jarireinikka wrote:Another new bootleg released:

(19 rare recordings. Incss...USA promo for Last Man Standing CD, 9 tracks that never made it on to The Last Man Standing CD + 8 live tracks from Radio KGRW circa 06-09-2006. Songs include: Bright Lights Big City, The Last Cheaters Waltz, No Headstone On My Grave, Mexicali Rose, Roll Over Beethoven, Trouble In Mind, Sweet Little 16, Lucille, Why You Been Gone So Long - full coloured booklet)

thrund

Postby niek81 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:55 pm

jarireinikka wrote:Another new bootleg released:

I always think that the way they put this is a bit misleading. Bright Lights Big City and Last Cheaters Waltz were recorded for the LMS sessions, but stuff like Roll Over Beethoven and Mexicali Rose, Headstone On My Grave were recorded long after the LMS sessions, and as far I know never intended to use on LMS. So to state that they "didn't make it"... It's just from another session with another purpose.

Otherwise it looks like a quality product.

Niek
niek81

Postby thrund » Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:06 am

The Real Thing: rare und unreleased
(2008 Dynamite Rec.)

.....not really the tracks, but the compilation
8)
thrund

Postby Bobby McGee » Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:35 am

tolazytodie wrote:The Real Thing: rare und unreleased
(2008 Dynamite Rec.)

8)

How´s the quality of the live recordings, for example Stuttgart 1981?
Sounds interesting because the 2 songs from Stuttgart are not on the "Survivors" album.
Did they record the whole show?
Bobby McGee

Postby thrund » Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:53 am

Bobby McGee wrote:
(2008 Dynamite Rec.)

8)

Sounds interesting because the 2 songs from Stuttgart are not on the "Survivors" album.

Even not better than that what you know.
Audible, not more.
thrund

Postby Perk » Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:17 am

Most of it has been out before, nothing really new it seems. One strange thing is that Kensington interview, but i bet it´s the same as the one from the "Rock Smuk" album, which i belivie was recorded in Amsterdam. The Wiltern Theatre songs from 1977 must be the 2 songs from the offical movie soundtrack for American Hot Wax.

Wish new bootlegs would for once contain something new! But it´s exciting for the younger fans i guess.

Perk
Perk

Postby Bobby McGee » Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:44 am

tolazytodie wrote:
Bobby McGee wrote:
(2008 Dynamite Rec.)

8)

Audible, not more.

I only know the Survivors album (which has a great sound).

That´s why I wanted to know whether there are more parts/ songs from that concert available on CD.
And if so, whether they have the same good sound as the songs on the Survivors album.

I´m not a "long-time-fan" like all the other people here, I´m just starting out, you know...
Bobby McGee

Postby Perk » Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:32 pm

Bobby McGee wrote:
tolazytodie wrote:
Bobby McGee wrote:
(2008 Dynamite Rec.)

8)

Audible, not more.

I only know the Survivors album (which has a great sound).

That´s why I wanted to know whether there are more parts/ songs from that concert available on CD.
And if so, whether they have the same good sound as the songs on the Survivors album.

I´m not a "long-time-fan" like all the other people here, I´m just starting out, you know...

There´s one more song from Stuttgart "When The Saints Go Marching In" with Johnny & Carl. It exists but never been released. It´s been a Long time ago since i played it, but the quality isn´t as good as on the Surivors album, but it sure ain´t bad either.

Perk
Perk

Postby peterchecksfield » Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:35 pm

Perk wrote:There´s one more song from Stuttgart "When The Saints Go Marching In" with Johnny & Carl. It exists but never been released. It´s been a Long time ago since i played it, but the quality isn´t as good as on the Surivors album, but it sure ain´t bad either.

Perk

Unfortunately it was a very messy (though fun!) performance, probably a bit too ragged to release officially.
peterchecksfield

Postby Perk » Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:47 pm

peterchecksfield wrote:
Perk wrote:There´s one more song from Stuttgart "When The Saints Go Marching In" with Johnny & Carl. It exists but never been released. It´s been a Long time ago since i played it, but the quality isn´t as good as on the Surivors album, but it sure ain´t bad either.

Perk

Unfortunately it was a very messy (though fun!) performance, probably a bit too ragged to release officially.

You´re right about that! I just had to play it to hear how it sounded. It´s understandable why they didn´t include it, a bit messy as you say.
Perk

PreviousNext

Return to Archive