Fanclub

Postby Piet » Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:37 pm

For joining the fanclub see page 1 of this topic and send an email to Wim or his Son freddie, I'm sure he'll send you a copy of the latest magazine right away, if you send your address with it of course.
You don't need a representive in the States or elswwhere, they are just there for keeping up with the latest news in the different country, states or part of the world, to become amember just drop a line to Wim and it's done. okay once again wim.fbm@12move.nl or fdeboer@tbvwonen.nl

Piet
Piet

Re: Scolding

Postby martin bates » Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:26 pm

Stephanie wrote:
catmom68 wrote:I posted an idea about putting a calander together for the fanclub members using their pictures and having everyone voting on them. I also mentioned that we would like this to be a fundraise for a fanclub tribute which I worked long and hard hours on.

BAM- The next thing I know I get a letter from Jerry's attorney's stating that his photo's,blah blah blah.

I wondered what had happened with this. Once again we see that Jerry's people are nuts.

If everyone's having an opinion it would be interesting to know what the fanclub tribute was & what exactly was said by "Jerrys attorneys", assuming "blah,blah,blah" isn't an exact quote.

Martin
martin bates

Postby Piet » Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:33 pm

So in fact you can't use a picture of Jerry, made by me with permission, to use for a calender and Brasstacks will forbid that, I wonder if they can.
Piet

Postby Perk » Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:48 pm

So in fact you can't use a picture of Jerry, made by me with permission, to use for a calender and Brasstacks will forbid that, I wonder if they can.

I´m not sure about this either, do we have any lawyers on here? I know you have the right to the picture, but to use it officially then it might have to be admitted by Jerry? I´m not sure at all on this.

What i do know is that me quoting you Piet in this message is illegal! What you write is automatically copyrighted under law, even in emails and such.
Though no judge would bother unless it´s severe and can bring a few years in prison for it.

Perk ; )
Perk

Postby martin bates » Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:56 pm

Piet wrote:So in fact you can't use a picture of Jerry, made by me with permission, to use for a calender and Brasstacks will forbid that, I wonder if they can.

I think the point is Piet, we don't know if that's what they said at all.

Nice to see over on yahoo, Kay has acknowledged your request & will include info about FBM in future 'welcome' messages......I see this forum gets a mention as well.

Martin.
martin bates

Postby peterchecksfield » Sat Jul 28, 2007 7:16 pm

martin bates wrote:
Piet wrote:So in fact you can't use a picture of Jerry, made by me with permission, to use for a calender and Brasstacks will forbid that, I wonder if they can.

I think the point is Piet, we don't know if that's what they said at all.

Well maybe Marla or someone can clarify this for us? I agree, we should be able to do whatever we like with our own photos.

Under UK law the photographer 100% owns the copyright of the image, so I can do whatever I like with my photos of my models, whether they like it or not. But in the USA & some other countries it's slightly different, & I'd need a signed 'Model Release' if I wanted to publish these.
peterchecksfield

Postby Svein » Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:42 am

Piet wrote:For joining the fanclub see page 1 of this topic and send an email to Wim or his Son freddie, I'm sure he'll send you a copy of the latest magazine right away, if you send your address with it of course.
You don't need a representive in the States or elswwhere, they are just there for keeping up with the latest news in the different country, states or part of the world, to become amember just drop a line to Wim and it's done. okay once again wim.fbm@12move.nl or fdeboer@tbvwonen.nl

Piet

When I first tried to join the fan-club, I sent money to a Swedish rep.. NEVER got a copy of FBM:-( He did not even bother to answere my mail..

So... send your money DIRECTLY to Wim!! Nowhere else!!

I wish Wim could get a pay-pal account.. getting tired of bying euros, putting them in envelopes etc.. I would be glad to pay a little more to get this over with in seconds.. KNOWING that he has the money right away.. and it would be cheaper than buying euros:-)
Svein

Postby peterchecksfield » Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:26 pm

Svein wrote:
When I first tried to join the fan-club, I sent money to a Swedish rep.. NEVER got a copy of FBM:-( He did not even bother to answere my mail..

This guy was a damn crook, & eventually got fired by Wim!

Barrie does a great job, but the best ever rep in my opinion was Thomas Sobczak, the German rep throughout the 90s.
peterchecksfield

Postby Svein » Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:12 pm

peterchecksfield wrote: the best ever rep in my opinion was Thomas Sobczak, the German rep throughout the 90s.

Thomas was a great guy!! I miss him myself, and wish he would come back. but I don't believe he will.. you know why!
Svein

Postby Svein » Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:54 pm

peterchecksfield wrote:This guy was a damn crook, & eventually got fired by Wim!

Well. I've heard that a "couple" of times before:-) BUT!! I still don't believe he stoled my money!! because I got some stuff from the "wrong" fan club after I payed him.. the one that Kerrie had.. She could NOT have gotten my adress from anyone else, so I suspect that he sent the money there instead of to the "right" fanclub.. Not what I wanted, of course, but I still don't think he stoled the money!! BUT!!! He could have answered my emails!! I could have been a member of BOTH fanclubs.. no problem!! But it's not easy to deal with someone who ignores emails.. I told him (!!!) that I wanted FBM!!

Years later, I got emails from him.. He wanted to "trade" stuff.. but I know that he has cheated on some good friends of mine, and I won't "trade" with such a person.. I would rather GIVE AWAY stuff to new JLL fans!!

Anyway, I was told by a friend of mine in Norway that the best thing to do was to send money DIRECTLY to Wim... he gave me Wims adress, and I sent him money.. that's some years ago now, and I'm still a member.. I'll keep on sending those envelopes as long as I live!!!
Svein

Photos of Jerry Lee

Postby Tony Papard » Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:13 am

Does it depend on whether the person photographed gave their permission either verbally, in writing or simply by posing for the camera?

I imagine most photos of Jerry Lee are taken without such permission, either of him on stage performing, or arriving/leaving a venue. So, like others, I'm not sure whether the photographer then has the right to publish the picture.

Certainly the Press do it all the time, but perhaps they have special permission. Many venues officially ban photography by the audience, perhaps because of these copyright problems.

I don't really know, but would think any photographer would ask permission to publish a photo, and would hope that permission would be given.

But I can also understand an artist might wish to prevent photos being published which they felt did not show them at their best.

For instance, some friends of mine took pictures of Jerry Lee wandering around his ranch in a dressing gown. Jerry didn't realize there were visitors on the ranch.

In the distant past I once saw Jerry leaving a theater, and if I'd taken a photo he might not have wanted it published, might have smashed my camera, or might have laughed and said 'Yeah, show 'em The Killer!'. He had a lady on one arm and a bottle of something in the other.

However you would expect Brasstacks and Jerry's management to cooperate in a project such as a calendar for fans.
Long ago in Ferriday down in Louisiana, They all watched Jerry play and pump that old piana

My blog: http://www.tonypapard.info/

My Jerry Lee Lewis page:
http://www.btinternet.com/~tony.papard/JERRYLEELEWIS.HTM
Tony Papard

I need some direction here

Postby catmom68 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:55 pm

To my Europe Fanclub members,

I have a sort of problem regarding the Cleveland shindig. Originally I THOUGHT I was asked to gather folks together for an after party. Finding the Rock and Roll people moved a wee bit slow, we found two acts (One U.K. One US), a great place to have it, comp'd rooms for the folks and funding for the damn thing. NOW, I have been told to ask Niek and others how after the parties fanclub members just hang out in the damn lobbeys or bars and there you have it.

Am I just too organized, civil or what? Now, I am wondering if I am assuming too much that just because we love Jerry we cannot have a normal celecbration without hoping the damn Crowne Plaza will throw a piano in the lobbey? What on earth?

Please someone give me some direction here. I was told to do one thing (done) and I don't know if I should just invite everyone for a private shindig or what now?

I am at a total loss.

Love,
Marla (my real name)
"Wanda Fae" nickname given to me by Kenny L. on accident..lol Take your pick I answer to em both.
catmom68

Re: I need some direction here

Postby Tony Papard » Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:17 am

catmom68 wrote:To my Europe Fanclub members,

I have a sort of problem regarding the Cleveland shindig. Originally I THOUGHT I was asked to gather folks together for an after party. Finding the Rock and Roll people moved a wee bit slow, we found two acts (One U.K. One US), a great place to have it, comp'd rooms for the folks and funding for the damn thing. NOW, I have been told to ask Niek and others how after the parties fanclub members just hang out in the damn lobbeys or bars and there you have it.

Am I just too organized, civil or what? Now, I am wondering if I am assuming too much that just because we love Jerry we cannot have a normal celecbration without hoping the damn Crowne Plaza will throw a piano in the lobbey? What on earth?

Please someone give me some direction here. I was told to do one thing (done) and I don't know if I should just invite everyone for a private shindig or what now?

I am at a total loss.

Love,
Marla (my real name)
"Wanda Fae" nickname given to me by Kenny L. on accident..lol Take your pick I answer to em both.

I think it's great if you organize a party. It's been done after shows in Europe. Jerry is NOT going to come down to the lobby of the hotel and play the piano and sing half the night. Those days are long gone.
Long ago in Ferriday down in Louisiana, They all watched Jerry play and pump that old piana

My blog: http://www.tonypapard.info/

My Jerry Lee Lewis page:
http://www.btinternet.com/~tony.papard/JERRYLEELEWIS.HTM
Tony Papard

Postby rockin532000 » Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:25 am

I am all for a party afterwards. Maybe Linda Gail or some other musicians will join.

My biggest problem at the moment is that (again) the package tickets which are offered for us, will not be sent overseas. So how the hell should I get those tickets. Well, let's wait what Kay tells me.

Best Wishes
Joerg
rockin532000

Postby fay coffey » Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:49 am

Hi everyone thanks for showing us the photos this is a great forum and easy to read thank you faye
fay coffey

PreviousNext

Return to Archive