Fanclub

Re: Fanclub? What US fanclub?

Postby martin bates » Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:21 am

peterchecksfield wrote:
catmom68 wrote:
I would just like to comment on this fanclub email question. As fas as I am aware, after being scolded for trying to do a fanclub membership drive and a "fanclub only" calender, I don't believe there is a fanclub here at all.

Marla, who scolded you over this? If it's Kay ignore her. She means well but sometimes she has strange ideas of what's wrong or right. A couple of years back someone started an online petetion to get Last Man Standing released, & we were getting 100's of votes within a few days - until Kay urged everyone not to vote in it!

To be fair to Kay, I think I'm the only person who put a photo in the special file set up. No-one commented on it,so it wouldn't encourage anyone else to,that's for sure. As to the petition...this was widely discussed at the time on the Yahoo forum. Jimmy Rip suggested that we fans might try & badger the record company to release LMS, as even he was becoming frustrated at the lack of progress. However someone took it upon themselves to start a petition which JR. soon took a dislike to. I spoke against it as well,for different reasons,but he asked everyone to stop. That's why Kay dicouraged the idea.
Martin.
martin bates

Postby Perk » Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:48 am

To be fair to Kay, As to the petition...this was widely discussed at the time on the Yahoo forum. Jimmy Rip suggested that we fans might try & badger the record company to release LMS, as even he was becoming frustrated at the lack of progress. However someone took it upon themselves to start a petition which JR. soon took a dislike to. I spoke against it as well,for different reasons,but he asked everyone to stop. That's why Kay dicouraged the idea.

This sounds strange? Kay mentioned she disliked the idea because of some bad phrasing in the title of the petition. I don´t remember exactly. But anyway if this was the case, why didn´t Kay or Jimmy mention this officially then?

Perk
Perk

Postby peterchecksfield » Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:52 am

Perk wrote:
To be fair to Kay, As to the petition...this was widely discussed at the time on the Yahoo forum. Jimmy Rip suggested that we fans might try & badger the record company to release LMS, as even he was becoming frustrated at the lack of progress. However someone took it upon themselves to start a petition which JR. soon took a dislike to. I spoke against it as well,for different reasons,but he asked everyone to stop. That's why Kay dicouraged the idea.

This sounds strange? Kay mentioned she disliked the idea because of some bad phrasing in the title of the petition. I don´t remember exactly. But anyway if this was the case, why didn´t Kay or Jimmy mention this officially then?

Perk

Kay didn't like David Hamar's tongue-in-cheek reference to boycotting all Sony products until the album was released.
peterchecksfield

Postby Perk » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:03 am

Kay didn't like David Hamar's tongue-in-cheek reference to boycotting all Sony products until the album was released.

Yes exactly, that´s what i meant! You just refreshed my memory! I just recalled there was something in the title that stirred up Kay.

Those other things Martin mentions were never made known, at least not to me!

Perk
Perk

Postby martin bates » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:10 am

Perk wrote:

Yes exactly, that´s what i meant! You just refreshed my memory! I just recalled there was something in the title that stirred up Kay.

Those other things Martin mentions were never made known, at least not to me!

Perk

It seems true a lot of people didn't read yahoo messages properly.....you can find this from Kay (30272) with a quick search......

If you have not already done so, go to
www.jerryleelewis.nl and look up the petition. Please
do not sign it if it includes a stipulation that you
will boycott Sony products. I would not sign it with
that inclusion. Jimmy Rip suggested it should be
removed and I agree 1000%.
We want to tell Sony that we are waiting for the new
CD and that we will buy it INSTANTLY when it is
released and continue to buy copies! Let's get the
record on the street SOON! Too bad they're not
promoting it for holiday release.... I'd give a copy
to everyone I know.
Best,
Kay

Martin.
martin bates

Postby Perk » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:22 am

It seems true a lot of people didn't read yahoo messages properly.....you can find this from Kay (30272) with a quick search......

Yes but as you said...

Jimmy Rip suggested that we fans might try & badger the record company to release LMS, as even he was becoming frustrated at the lack of progress. However someone took it upon themselves to start a petition which JR. soon took a dislike to. I spoke against it as well,for different reasons,but he asked everyone to stop. That's why Kay dicouraged the idea.

I read this quite differently than about "boycotting Sony". I thought you meant Kay & Jimmy disliked the petition in itself!

Perk
Perk

Postby martin bates » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:34 am

[I thought you meant Kay & Jimmy disliked the petition in itself!

Perk[/quote]

ok.....we're talking about things long in the past;I simply found the message that supported what I said. I didn't expect to have my message disected line by line - quite literally.
Peter randomly suggested Kay was against the petition -no-one had brought it up. I simply said to be fair to Kay,she was supporting Jimmy Rip's view & I gave a bit of background info to put it in context.
In fact, anyone could simply have read my message and worked all that out for themselves.
I'm off to work !
Martin.
martin bates

Scolding

Postby catmom68 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:56 pm

I posted an idea about putting a calander together for the fanclub members using their pictures and having everyone voting on them. I also mentioned that we would like this to be a fundraise for a fanclub tribute which I worked long and hard hours on.

BAM- The next thing I know I get a letter from Jerry's attorney's stating that his photo's,blah blah blah.

I sent them back a letter stating that we were not trying to make a dime off of JLL, just trying to raise money to cover the cost of the calander and put money away for a tribute that Kay and everyone knew about.

To be honest I was pissed, because I hadn't done anything, accepted money, solicited etc. I let them know how I felt about attending concerts and not one item was there to bring to those who couldn't attend AND someone literally tried to tear the JLL bumber sticker off of Laura's truck in Memphis...at the Beale St. function. I told them that they should really take this to the boardroom and discuss it, because theyare letting a whole new age and wave of fans slip right through!

Never heard another word from them and I have all but written it all off. I make halfway decent money myself and donating hours and dollars is like throwing good money after bad, and it just seems like no one really cared.

I really pulled alot of strings and cashed in favors trying to put that together...Including a cavalcade of milions of dollars of vintage Cadillacs, and alot of committments for a worldwide fanclub satellite computer hook up (volunteer), and much more. Alot of heartfelt work and effort went into trying to gather a proposal for Jerry's camp, I tell you honestly. I guess they simply didn't care and I won't waste my time, anymore. I will just make the most of the opportunities I can to see him perform and be happy with it. I love that over there you pretty much are embraced to do whatever your little hearts desire wthout all of the red tape...

There you have it, and Peter I contacted you early on about all of this...this is where all those months of work, time and effort landed me.

For the record, I don't blame Kay one bit. She probably didn't think it would have come to that, honestly. It's just that he's finally gotten to be worth something to everyone and it's the way of the industry. I just feel very sad about the whole affair. :(

Love you all.
Marla
catmom68

Re: Scolding

Postby peterchecksfield » Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:45 am

catmom68 wrote:I posted an idea about putting a calander together for the fanclub members using their pictures and having everyone voting on them. I also mentioned that we would like this to be a fundraise for a fanclub tribute which I worked long and hard hours on.

BAM- The next thing I know I get a letter from Jerry's attorney's stating that his photo's,blah blah blah.

I sent them back a letter stating that we were not trying to make a dime off of JLL, just trying to raise money to cover the cost of the calander and put money away for a tribute that Kay and everyone knew about.

To be honest I was pissed, because I hadn't done anything, accepted money, solicited etc. I let them know how I felt about attending concerts and not one item was there to bring to those who couldn't attend AND someone literally tried to tear the JLL bumber sticker off of Laura's truck in Memphis...at the Beale St. function. I told them that they should really take this to the boardroom and discuss it, because theyare letting a whole new age and wave of fans slip right through!

Never heard another word from them and I have all but written it all off. I make halfway decent money myself and donating hours and dollars is like throwing good money after bad, and it just seems like no one really cared.

I really pulled alot of strings and cashed in favors trying to put that together...Including a cavalcade of milions of dollars of vintage Cadillacs, and alot of committments for a worldwide fanclub satellite computer hook up (volunteer), and much more. Alot of heartfelt work and effort went into trying to gather a proposal for Jerry's camp, I tell you honestly. I guess they simply didn't care and I won't waste my time, anymore. I will just make the most of the opportunities I can to see him perform and be happy with it. I love that over there you pretty much are embraced to do whatever your little hearts desire wthout all of the red tape...

There you have it, and Peter I contacted you early on about all of this...this is where all those months of work, time and effort landed me.

For the record, I don't blame Kay one bit. She probably didn't think it would have come to that, honestly. It's just that he's finally gotten to be worth something to everyone and it's the way of the industry. I just feel very sad about the whole affair. :(

Love you all.
Marla

You have my sympathy Marla, but those who've tried doing things for the Lewises in the past know how difficult it can be, & that's why we're usually more than a little cynical these days...

As for 'tintacks', they seem to go after the real fans whenever they try to do anything, yet they let companies like Bim Bam openly sell bootlegs worldwide.
peterchecksfield

Postby Piet » Fri Jul 27, 2007 1:15 am

Just as I said on page 3, my post from 23 july, you're nor allowed to do anything except for Wim, I guess, and I'm sure, that Jerry will stand up for Wim if it would come that far.
From the beginning I hated the so called buissenes group behind Jerry and I'm pretty sure that they are only there to make money for their own benefit, wonder how much money Jerry makes.
About Kay I can be short, she's there because of old times and she worked her way in again, on the forum there's no one who will stand up against her because it's "her" group, do I need to tell it again, I rather stay a member of Wim's big and massive group of old (and young) fans then be a group Yahoo-member , I'm #6, because of that, on this forum and just to let you know, I've started this topic and I will keep pushing and will not rest before all the Lewis fans become a member of the fanclub.
Earlier this evening I posted a message on the other forum after reading Kay's introduction and I'm sick off the way she welcomes the new members.
About Jerry Lee writing for any fanclub, this is what I believe, he didn't write his sorry letter way back after the England scandel, he didn't write anything for Kerrie's fanclub and he never wrote something for Wim, he didn't write for Jim O'Neil tour-magazine, he never writes thing on his own web-site and he never will do so for anything else.
Piet

I understand

Postby catmom68 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:43 pm

This is in response to Piet's letter regarding the actual long term fanclub, which I do agree has been active, steady and is recognised everywhere, (Kind of like Visa- :wink: ) But I am still confused about the US rep..whom I understand has done very little reporting...Is this whom Laura and I contact or what?

Love,
Marla
catmom68

Postby Piet » Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:24 pm

Dear Marla,

I don't know if you need to contact someone, I guess the one who can take you back-stage is Kay, I wouldn't know of anyone else in the USA.
I suggest you hold on to Kenny, he's the one who "can" arrange a back-stage pass for the 2 of you, don't know if this gonne happen but he always tries his best fir the fans, tell him I said hello and good luck.

Piet
Piet

already have them

Postby catmom68 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:53 pm

Thank you, but we already have the passes. This is for the concert that part of the money is a charity benefit. Problem is nobody bothered to promote it so the sales were way way down. Which is a shame. I did contact some of my pals from the area to help advertise near the deadline.

I was speaking in regards to joing the International fanclub properly, P :)
catmom68

Re: Scolding

Postby Stephanie » Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:04 pm

catmom68 wrote:I posted an idea about putting a calander together for the fanclub members using their pictures and having everyone voting on them. I also mentioned that we would like this to be a fundraise for a fanclub tribute which I worked long and hard hours on.

I wondered what had happened with this. Once again we see that Jerry's people are nuts.
Stephanie

Re: already have them

Postby peterchecksfield » Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:07 pm

catmom68 wrote:
I was speaking in regards to joing the International fanclub properly, P :)

Good question. UK fans are told to contact our hard working rep (since 1976) Barrie Gamblin, but as the US rep doesn't seem to actually do anything I'm not sure what the situation is there. Probably best to ask Pierre Pennone for clarification.
peterchecksfield

PreviousNext

Return to Archive