Fanclub

Postby peterchecksfield » Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:56 am

Perk wrote:I got the new Fireball Mail today (4th issue with a cross in it, thanks Wim & Freddie, i will goto the bank tomorrow)

It's ridiculous that they don't accept PayPal! They'd get far more subscriptions if they made paying easier (maybe Piet can persuade them to set this up?).
peterchecksfield

R & R correspondence

Postby catmom68 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:25 pm

Hey everyone!

Kerry from the R & R Hall of Fame has written to tell me that you will probably receive notice about your ticket purchase and they will have them at the Will Call areas. I would suggest making sure you get your seating confirmation though. Just to ensure they have not screwed up anything...

Love,
Marla
catmom68

Postby Perk » Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:09 pm

peterchecksfield wrote:
Perk wrote:I got the new Fireball Mail today (4th issue with a cross in it, thanks Wim & Freddie, i will goto the bank tomorrow)

It's ridiculous that they don't accept PayPal! They'd get far more subscriptions if they made paying easier (maybe Piet can persuade them to set this up?).

True! It would make things so much easier. Instead of being at the bank to exchange money to Euros, with 63 old ladies before dealing with their 25 different accounts.

Perk ; )
Perk

Postby jarireinikka » Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:17 pm

...I guess that´s where we come to probably the best (& only...???) thing about euros.It´s absolutely free to pay through BIC / IBAN bank transfer form one euro-country to another...I guess U.K. & Sweden should re-think about that... as well as Denmark...not really... :lol: 8)
jarireinikka

Postby peterchecksfield » Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:23 pm

jarireinikka wrote:...I guess that´s where we come to probably the best (& only...???) thing about euros.It´s absolutely free to pay through BIC / IBAN bank transfer form one euro-country to another...I guess U.K. & Sweden should re-think about that... as well as Denmark...not really... :lol: 8)

I would be very happy for the U.K. to convert to Euros, but unfortunately the decision isn't mine!

Anything which brings us closer to Europe is fine by me. I consider myself a European, not a member of the 51st U.S. state...
peterchecksfield

Postby Tony Papard » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:39 pm

peterchecksfield wrote:
jarireinikka wrote:...I guess that´s where we come to probably the best (& only...???) thing about euros.It´s absolutely free to pay through BIC / IBAN bank transfer form one euro-country to another...I guess U.K. & Sweden should re-think about that... as well as Denmark...not really... :lol: 8)

I would be very happy for the U.K. to convert to Euros, but unfortunately the decision isn't mine!

Anything which brings us closer to Europe is fine by me. I consider myself a European, not a member of the 51st U.S. state...

I agree with Peter about Euros and thinking of myself as a European. Even though on my recent trip several people in Euro countries said it was a disaster due to rampant inflation. But this just sounds like profiteering to me, like when UK went decimal. The government could go over to the Euro and make sure Euro prices were comparable with the old sterling price, thru legislation against profiteering. EU will be one federal country one day - we must have a single currency.

Failing that, UK could become the 51st state of USA. But we can't carry on indefinitely being an island drifting in mid-Atlantic between Europe and USA.
Long ago in Ferriday down in Louisiana, They all watched Jerry play and pump that old piana

My blog: http://www.tonypapard.info/

My Jerry Lee Lewis page:
http://www.btinternet.com/~tony.papard/JERRYLEELEWIS.HTM
Tony Papard

More information

Postby catmom68 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:13 pm

I just got the email that the R & R Hall of Fame will send them if you'd like it that way. You will pay for the mailing of course. But I wrote her back and asked if the Will Call option will still be available, and she replied that you could still have them there waiting for you.

I think that I am still going to hold a get together at the Wyndam, after the show. It is hooked to the Hall itself, and the Crowne has a party already going on there until 11:30 OR MIDNIGHT.

I cannot convince either of the hotels to roll their pianos into the lobbey or bars inside to accomondate the US fanclub President. If you are interested in attending, please contact me or Laura. Depending on the responses I get, will determine everything. So far we are getting alot of folks that would like to have something a little less Bohemian, but just as fun and private. And if your coming here my naked man from England, I would suggest packing a few more garments, love. It'll be cold and right off of Lake Erie...lolol
Hugs,
Marla
catmom68

Re: More information

Postby peterchecksfield » Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:20 pm

catmom68 wrote:I And if your coming here my naked man from England, I would suggest packing a few more garments, love. It'll be cold and right off of Lake Erie...lolol

Haha, (un)fortunately I won't be leaving Kent (actually I haven't left Kent in over a year!).
peterchecksfield

Postby rockin532000 » Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:54 am

catmom68

So far I haven't heard back from Kerry. I wrote her clearly to SEND me the ticket to Switzerland. I hope she will come back today.

I definitely would like to join the party.

Best Wishes
Joerg
rockin532000

Postby bailbath » Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:16 am

Hi guys although this is a fan club thread can we keep the Cleveland info in the rock n roll hall of fame thread - http://www.topfreeforum.com/jerryleelew ... ryleelewis
Thanks
IAN
bailbath

Site Admin

Postby Piet » Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:55 pm

To bring more members to the fanclub, maybe Ian has to set an add in the non members section, or maybe it is already there and I can't find it.
Not everybody is willing to join a forum and so they can see where to get the FBM, maybe Ian can put the cover of the latest magazine to go with it.

Piet :roll:
Piet

Postby Piet » Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:32 pm

Hello there members, just to let you know Wim de Boer got a new email-address, throw away the old one and use this instead.
wdeboer@onsbrabantnet.nl

Piet
Piet

Previous

Return to Archive