Farm Aid 2008

Postby Key_Okuna » Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:49 am

JerryLeeJnr wrote:
Key_Okuna wrote:
rockin532000 wrote:Both broadcasts start at 4pm, so be sure to mark your calendar."

But where is this concert recorded? I live in Spain, and we have 6-9 hours of difference. If it's in Boston there are 6 hours of difference but if it's in Los Angeles there are 9 hours.

I guess 6 hours (Boston and Mansfield are Massachussets both)

Thank you, then it's 10 pm, if I can watch it, it'll be the first time I saw JLL playing live. :P
Key_Okuna

Postby rockin532000 » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:40 pm

Don't get too excited as Jerry will not come first and unless you are an American farmer it is a pretty boring show in-between the music acts and actually some of the music acts are pretty boring as well.

Therefore you might have to wait a couple of hours until Jerry will be on stage. If I remember correctly, the last time he was on between 7pm and 8pm.

Best Wishes
Joerg
rockin532000

Postby Key_Okuna » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:20 pm

rockin532000 wrote:Don't get too excited as Jerry will not come first and unless you are an American farmer it is a pretty boring show in-between the music acts and actually some of the music acts are pretty boring as well.

Therefore you might have to wait a couple of hours until Jerry will be on stage. If I remember correctly, the last time he was on between 7pm and 8pm.

Best Wishes
Joerg

Well, if it's not too late, I'll wait... If not probably somebody post it in youtube.
Key_Okuna

Postby Perk » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:10 am

Well, if it's not too late, I'll wait... If not probably somebody post it in youtube.

I remember the entire webcast of the show in 2006 was made available to see on their website a week or two afterwards. I recall that´s how i managed to catch it. So perhaps the same this year?

Anyway the DirectTV broadcast would be far more interesting if someone who gets the channel over there can record it properly.

Perk
Perk

Postby peterchecksfield » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:30 am

Perk wrote:
Anyway the DirectTV broadcast would be far more interesting if someone who gets the channel over there can record it properly.

Perk

At least two (reliable) U.S. contacts are recording this directly onto DVD. :D
peterchecksfield

Postby rockin532000 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:10 am

And I sure hope I will get a copy as well :wink:

However, still today, I get a thrill knowing that I can see Jerry LIVE (although most probably in bad quality). Therefore, in all likelyhood, I will stay up and watch the webcast until Jerry comes up on stage.

And afterweards, of course, I will tell you all what I have learnt about American farmers :lol:

Best Wishes
Joerg
rockin532000

Postby Perk » Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:19 pm

At least two (reliable) U.S. contacts are recording this directly onto DVD. :D

GREAT!!!! Then there´s no need for the hassle of trying to save the webcast like in previous years :D
Perk

Postby bailbath » Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:42 am

Today is the day for Farmaid.
Ian
bailbath

Site Admin

Postby Jos » Sat Sep 20, 2008 3:53 pm

I hope he's in a good shape again :D
Jos

Postby Key_Okuna » Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:36 pm

Wow, I'm nervous! :lol:
I hope he won't perform too late.
Key_Okuna

Postby Key_Okuna » Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:47 pm

Hey, I can't see it properly in the webcast of the Farm Aid web. I just can't hear the audio the first 10 seconds, then I don't hear anything. :?
If somebody is trying to watch it, can you watch it good?
Key_Okuna

Postby rockin532000 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:36 pm

Just for the very few of you here's the list of the songs Jerry
performed:

Roll over Beethoven
You win again
I don't wanna be lonely tonight
Before the night is over
Whole lotta shakin goin on
Great Balls of Fire

The longest set up until that point in the show and luckily rather
early as well (at least for the Europeans). Jerry was in good mood
although the sound (my guess)annoyed him a little bit. And as a
recurring habit he did not know what to play next after You win again.

I even thought we are in something really special as Jerry was
getting the mood at the end of Great balls of fire.

Nonetheless good performance and well done!!!

Best Wishes
Joerg
rockin532000

My review of Jerry's Farm Aid appearance

Postby Tony Papard » Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:37 pm

:D Just watched Jerry on the webcast. In good form, and some very positive comments flashed on screen during his performance. The schedule was running about 30 minutes late, so he came on 5pm Massachusetts time (10 pm in UK, 11 pm in France, Germany, etc.)

Jerry opened with 'Roll Over Beethoven', then introduced 'You Win Again' with 'Hank Williams wrote it and sang it, Jerry Lee Lewis got a gold record for it'. A very good version, followed by 'I Don't Want To Be Lonely Tonite'. Then we had 'Before The Nite Is Over'. Jerry closed with a good version of 'Whole Lotta Shakin'' followed by the movie version of 'Great Balls of Fire', with a pulverizing, extended piano solo at the end, after which he got up, walked across the stage, waved and saluted to the audience.

He wore white shoes (someone commented on screen: 'Dig Jerry's white shoes'), and a Sun logo jacket. Jerry slammed the piano lid at one point. The live audience were clearly enjoying it.

Comments on screen included Jerry's still got it, Jerry can still rock, Jerry is amazing - rocks and sings in tune, etc. Only saw one negative comment, tho some of these were being filtered out for all performers. The negative one said something silly about 'when is old father time getting off stage'.

He looked good, sounded good.

Before him was Jakob Dylan - is this Bob Dylan's son?

Tony
Long ago in Ferriday down in Louisiana, They all watched Jerry play and pump that old piana

My blog: http://www.tonypapard.info/

My Jerry Lee Lewis page:
http://www.btinternet.com/~tony.papard/JERRYLEELEWIS.HTM
Tony Papard

Postby thrund » Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:38 pm

that sounds good, thank's Joerg and Tony!
thrund

Postby Key_Okuna » Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:43 pm

I've had some trouble with the sound, so I've had to refresh the page every 10 seconds because the sound hasn't worked properly... maybe someone will post it in youtube? :P
Key_Okuna

PreviousNext

Return to Archive