Jerry Lee's Children

Postby Bobby McGee » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:17 pm

peterchecksfield wrote:Younger fans probably don't appreciate it, but the arrival of Lee almost certainly saved Jerry's life. Having a son at home drastically changed Jerry's lifestyle, & without him The Killer probably wouldn't have made it to 1988.

And what did Jerry Lee change in 87/88 concretely?
Did he take no drugs anymore or did he take less drugs than before??
Bobby McGee

Postby peterchecksfield » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:24 pm

Bobby McGee wrote:
peterchecksfield wrote:Younger fans probably don't appreciate it, but the arrival of Lee almost certainly saved Jerry's life. Having a son at home drastically changed Jerry's lifestyle, & without him The Killer probably wouldn't have made it to 1988.

The latter, or perhaps different types of drugs. But he certainly seemed much "straighter" & much healthier most the time after 1987, at least for a few years (compare Wembley '87 & Bourges '87 to Rome '88 & Madrid TV show '88!). Jerry even said in interviews that having a son (again) really made him straighten up his act.
peterchecksfield

Postby ChrisdeB » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:28 pm

Bobby McGee wrote:

There is already a thread regarding Jerry lee and substance abuse,

http://www.topfreeforum.com/jerryleelew ... ryleelewis
ChrisdeB

Postby Bobby McGee » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:30 pm

peterchecksfield wrote:
Bobby McGee wrote:

The latter, or perhaps different types of drugs. But he certainly seemed much "straighter" & much healthier most the time after 1987, at least for a few years (compare Wembley '87 & Bourges '87 to Rome '88 & Madrid TV show '88!). Jerry even said in interviews that having a son (again) really made him straighten up his act.

Well, I like his Bourges 87 show! :wink: :roll:
I watch it often.

Also Vienna 87! (JLL: " Good to be back in Germany" :shock: :D )

I don´t like the London 87 show that much, I think Bourges and expecially Vienna were much better.
Last edited by Bobby McGee on Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Bobby McGee

Postby peterchecksfield » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:34 pm

Bobby McGee wrote:Well, I like his Bourges 87 show! :wink: :roll:
I watch it often.
I don´t like the London 87 show that much, I think Bourges was much better.

I LOVE the Bourges show, but that's not my point: compared to Rome '88 he was obviously "on something" in Bourges, & looked far healthier in Rome.

But as Chris has pointed out, we don't need another thread on Jerry's substance abuse here. Suffice to say, Lee definately saved Jerry's life! :D
peterchecksfield

Postby Tommy » Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:07 pm

According to an old interview with Kerrie Jerry made a promise to God that if God would let him raise his son he promised to shape up and live more healthier. Due to all his former tragical losses.

I read this on a fansite a few years ago but forgot really where.
Tommy

Postby ChrisdeB » Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:56 pm

Even though Jerry does not appear to be Lee's biological father...........
ChrisdeB

Postby peterchecksfield » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:07 am

ChrisdeB wrote:Even though Jerry does not appear to be Lee's biological father...........

I really don't think this is THAT important. Jerry knew this all along (he had a vasectomy while married to Jaren!), & he was RAISED as Jerry's own. It's ironic that Jerry disowned Ronnie Guy (Jane's son) & Lori Lee (Jaren's daughter) because he only had suspicions that they weren't his, but I think he was so happy to have a "son" again in 1987 that this didn't bother him so much at this point.

I wonder what happened to the kid that Jerry & Kerrie adopted in the late 90s (I've forgot his name)?
peterchecksfield

Postby peterchecksfield » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:09 am

peterchecksfield wrote:
I wonder what happened to the kid that Jerry & Kerrie adopted in the late 90s (I've forgot his name)?

Derek! Thanks for reminding me in another thread Tony.
peterchecksfield

Postby Maarten K. » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:24 am

[quote="peterchecksfieldIt's ironic that Jerry disowned Ronnie Guy (Jane's son) & Lori Lee (Jaren's daughter) because he only had suspicions that they weren't his, [/quote]

I thought these kids were from a previous relationship of Jaren and not Jerry's own (biological). As he disowned them, he must have adopted them first. So, it's Phoebe, Ronnie Guy, Lori Lee, Lee and Derek?
Pretty confusing.
Maarten K.

Postby Stefan » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:43 am

I wonder what happened with Ronnie Guy and Lori Leigh. What are they doing today ? Theres is not much written about them.
Stefan
Stefan

Postby Andrew McRae » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:59 am

What are they doing today ? Theres is not much written about them

I'd take that as an all round plus. Good luck to them wherever they are, and whatever they're doing, but unless they were in the entertainment business in some shape or form the matter is of no interest to me. And God forbid that they should ever aspire to that nauseous activity of so many 'show-business' children, peddling stupid stories about their lives to the Red-top press. The fact that neither of them appear to have done so suggests that they are respectable, well-balanced people who just want to get on with their lives; I say leave them in peace!

Andrew
Andrew McRae

Postby peterchecksfield » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:10 am

Maarten K. wrote:[quote="peterchecksfieldIt's ironic that Jerry disowned Ronnie Guy (Jane's son) & Lori Lee (Jaren's daughter) because he only had suspicions that they weren't his,

I thought these kids were from a previous relationship of Jaren and not Jerry's own (biological). As he disowned them, he must have adopted them first. So, it's Phoebe, Ronnie Guy, Lori Lee, Lee and Derek?
Pretty confusing.[/quote]

No, they Ronnie Guy (from Jane) & Lori Leigh (from Jaren) were conceived after Jerry married them & while he was still with them (in fact Ronnie Guy was born after Jerry Lee Lewis junior, Jerry's first child). Lori Leigh was born while Jerry was on tour in Europe in 1972...with another (very young) woman!
peterchecksfield

Postby peterchecksfield » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:13 am

Andrew McRae wrote:
What are they doing today ? Theres is not much written about them

I'd take that as an all round plus. Good luck to them wherever they are, and whatever they're doing, but unless they were in the entertainment business in some shape or form the matter is of no interest to me. And God forbid that they should ever aspire to that nauseous activity of so many 'show-business' children, peddling stupid stories about their lives to the Red-top press. The fact that neither of them appear to have done so suggests that they are respectable, well-balanced people who just want to get on with their lives; I say leave them in peace!

Andrew

Lori Leigh keeps in touch with Jerry, or at least she did a few years back, & (it seems) Kerrie doesn't have a problem with her as she visited the ranch. The general concensus is that Lori Leigh is Jerry's real daughter.
peterchecksfield

Postby Maarten K. » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:30 am

Maarten K.

Next

Return to Archive