Ultimate Collection DVD?

Ultimate Collection DVD?

Postby tchr » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:00 pm

Here's another one: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Jerry-Lee-Lewis ... 355&sr=1-1

Comming in middle of March, 2 discs. Bootleg?

Tore
tchr

Postby Perk » Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:01 am

Here´s what it´s supposed to include. It doesn´t look like anything new.

Disc 1 - Jerry Lee Lewis Live!: The piano thumping egocentric wild man with an unquenchable thirst for living who is the rocker Jerry Lee Lewis is on top form in this live concert recording with his favourite rock 'n roll classics together with his down home blues and country ballads.

Disc 2 - I Am What I Am Poignantly describes the thrilling tragic roller-coaster life of rock 'n roll legend Jerry Lee Lewis as for perhaps the first time he tells you his own story revealing the origination of the nickname 'The Killer' the hell-raising beginnings as a honky tonk piano player the meteoric rise to stardom and the scandal that took it all away again; the successful comeback in the 70's only to plummet to the bottom again in his personal battle with drugs and alcohol which may yet cost him his life.

Songs Performed include: Keep My Motor Running You Win Again Lucille Over The Rainbow Who's Gonna Play This Ole Piano Great Balls Of Fire Troubled Mind Rockin' My Life Away Hang About Darling When I Get My Wings 40 Going On 20 Middle Age Crazy Sweet Little Sixteen You Are The One Whole Lotta Shakin Goin On Tutti Frutti C.C. Rider High School Hop I Am What I Am Meat Man. Me & Booby McGhee Wild One Breathless

Release date: 17 March 2008
Perk

Postby Tony Papard » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:57 am

Perk wrote:Here´s what it´s supposed to include. It doesn´t look like anything new.

Disc 1 - Jerry Lee Lewis Live!: The piano thumping egocentric wild man with an unquenchable thirst for living who is the rocker Jerry Lee Lewis is on top form in this live concert recording with his favourite rock 'n roll classics together with his down home blues and country ballads.

Disc 2 - I Am What I Am Poignantly describes the thrilling tragic roller-coaster life of rock 'n roll legend Jerry Lee Lewis as for perhaps the first time he tells you his own story revealing the origination of the nickname 'The Killer' the hell-raising beginnings as a honky tonk piano player the meteoric rise to stardom and the scandal that took it all away again; the successful comeback in the 70's only to plummet to the bottom again in his personal battle with drugs and alcohol which may yet cost him his life.

Songs Performed include: Keep My Motor Running You Win Again Lucille Over The Rainbow Who's Gonna Play This Ole Piano Great Balls Of Fire Troubled Mind Rockin' My Life Away Hang About Darling When I Get My Wings 40 Going On 20 Middle Age Crazy Sweet Little Sixteen You Are The One Whole Lotta Shakin Goin On Tutti Frutti C.C. Rider High School Hop I Am What I Am Meat Man. Me & Booby McGhee Wild One Breathless

So which concert was this? 'When I Get My Wings', finishing with 'Wild One' and 'Breathless' - doesn't sound like any show I've ever seen. And what's 'You Are The One'?
Long ago in Ferriday down in Louisiana, They all watched Jerry play and pump that old piana

My blog: http://www.tonypapard.info/

My Jerry Lee Lewis page:
http://www.btinternet.com/~tony.papard/JERRYLEELEWIS.HTM
Tony Papard

Postby peterchecksfield » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:00 pm

Tony Papard wrote:
Perk wrote:Here´s what it´s supposed to include. It doesn´t look like anything new.

So which concert was this? 'When I Get My Wings', finishing with 'Wild One' and 'Breathless' - doesn't sound like any show I've ever seen. And what's 'You Are The One'?

This is obviously mostly the Orlando '86 concert ('You Are The One' is 'The One Rose'), but 'Wild One' & 'Breathless' puzzle me slightly too.
peterchecksfield

Postby W_Skinner » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:00 pm

Thanks for the info.
Seems like DVD 2 is the "I am what I am" documentary but what concert could be on DVD 1 :?:
So Long, W.Skinner
have a look at my own R'n'R band: www.dekrauts.rocken.de
W_Skinner

Postby niek81 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:08 pm

I think it's the Church Street Show from Orlando, 1986.

Niek
niek81

Postby peterchecksfield » Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:49 pm

niek81 wrote:I think it's the Church Street Show from Orlando, 1986.

Niek

I've already said that.

It still doesn't explain the last two songs though.
peterchecksfield

Postby niek81 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:40 pm

Sorry Peter, missed that one, as I only checked the last message, W. Skinners question..

Niek
niek81

Postby W_Skinner » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:40 pm

Thanks, guys. I missed Peter's message, too. I was posting mine at the same time... :lol:
So Long, W.Skinner
have a look at my own R'n'R band: www.dekrauts.rocken.de
W_Skinner

Postby Perk » Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:58 pm

This is obviously mostly the Orlando '86 concert ('You Are The One' is 'The One Rose'), but 'Wild One' & 'Breathless' puzzle me slightly too.

It wouldn´t surprise me if those two last songs mentioned is some kind of bonuses, perhaps Hammersmith 89 & Dick Clark Show 58. In these cheap budget bootleg compilations most strange things can be expected.

Perk
Perk

Postby peterchecksfield » Sat Feb 16, 2008 9:36 am

Perk wrote:

It wouldn´t surprise me if those two last songs mentioned is some kind of bonuses, perhaps Hammersmith 89 & Dick Clark Show 58. In these cheap budget bootleg compilations most strange things can be expected.

Perk

My money is on Rome '88 for 'Wild One'.
peterchecksfield

Postby Key_Okuna » Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:37 am

peterchecksfield wrote:
Perk wrote:

Perk

My money is on Rome '88 for 'Wild One'.

And Breathless? Maybe it's the classic performance in 1958.
Key_Okuna

Postby peterchecksfield » Sat Feb 16, 2008 11:48 am

Key_Okuna wrote:And Breathless? Maybe it's the classic performance in 1958.

Almost certainly, though there are other versions around (Shindig '65, Midnight Special '73, Salute To JLL '83, Vancouver '86, Toronto '87).
peterchecksfield

Return to Archive