Grammy Awards 2008



Postby Stefan » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:35 pm

I have also seen it a couple of times now and it´s sad to say that Jerry does the weakest perfomance of the three. If only his body could have a little more energy, moving more, foot on keyboard and smiling more he would outshine both Fogerty and Richards easily. There is nothing wrong with his fingers and pianoplaying.
I Richard would get rid of his wig, mascara and all shit he has on him he would look much older than Jerry I am sure.
But, great to watch anyhow.
Stefan
Stefan

 
Posts: 354
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:17 am

Postby peterchecksfield » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:41 pm

Stefan wrote:I Richard would get rid of his wig, mascara and all shit he has on him he would look much older than Jerry I am sure.


I doubt it, Richard has probably had even more cosmetic surgery than Jerry has! :shock:
peterchecksfield

 

Postby Stefan » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:47 pm

Yes you are probably right Peter. Didin´t think of that.
Why didn´t they have a guitar solo (Fogerty) on Great Balls Of Fire and Jerry doing the movie break on the piano. It would have been much better that way. And Jerry finsihing standing up slamming tha pianobench at Richard ...lol Just joking
Stefan

 
Posts: 354
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:17 am

Postby peterchecksfield » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:52 pm

Stefan wrote:Why didn´t they have a guitar solo (Fogerty) on Great Balls Of Fire and Jerry doing the movie break on the piano. It would have been much better that way. And Jerry finsihing standing up slamming tha pianobench at Richard ...lol Just joking


Jerry almost always does the short version on TV shows, very frustrating! Even LMS Live features the short version.
peterchecksfield

 

Postby Stefan » Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:58 pm

Could it have to do with rehearsals...(or lack of it)
Stefan

 
Posts: 354
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:17 am

Postby jayhawks » Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:03 pm

jerry never does any rehearsal/ soundcheck-

he is THE KILLER! :P
jayhawks

User avatar
 
Posts: 1230
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:45 am

Postby Stefan » Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:38 pm

Here´s a nice picture from a swedish paper (Aftonbladet) from the Grammy award.

http://www.aftonbladet.se/nojesliv/musi ... lleryFlash[/img]
Stefan

 
Posts: 354
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:17 am

Postby duffield dan » Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:21 pm

Has anybody ever seen Little Richard without his wig, that would be interesting :lol:

How come they only talked about Jerrys movements and not Little Richard's, I thought he was in worse nick than Jerry.

I could not say I was excited about Jerry being on the grammys given his past appearances on television. We all know the score about Jerrys voice and his appearance but to all the new viewers.....well.

Did not think Little Richard was much better, seemed very "stiff" to me.

Now old chuckles would of blown them both away, One duckwalk, and the contest would of been over "Riding along in my automobile Rockin Jerry and little dickie besides me at the wheel"
duffield dan

 
Posts: 67
Joined: Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:02 pm

Postby Alvin » Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:54 pm

Jerry does do a soundcheck, it's called Roll Over Beethoven.

But Jerry was there at the Grammys. Over 50 years since his hits.

50 YEARS!

We love the Star Club and we praise the Killer for the wildest performance of his life. But we can't have it both ways.

The Killer burned himself out for us.

What we see today is a man who has paid the price for a rock'n'roll life.

I wasn't looking for Jerry to entertain me last night, I was just happy he was part of the Grammys in 2008.

Brother 'Alvin' Davies
Alvin

 
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:28 am

Postby jayhawks » Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:59 pm

Alvin wrote:Jerry does do a soundcheck, it's called Roll Over Beethoven.

But Jerry was there at the Grammys. Over 50 years since his hits.

50 YEARS!

We love the Star Club and we praise the Killer for the wildest performance of his life. But we can't have it both ways.

The Killer burned himself out for us.

What we see today is a man who has paid the price for a rock'n'roll life.

I wasn't looking for Jerry to entertain me last night, I was just happy he was part of the Grammys in 2008.

Brother 'Alvin' Davies


well said!
jayhawks

User avatar
 
Posts: 1230
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:45 am

Postby peterchecksfield » Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:21 pm

jayhawks wrote:jerry never does any rehearsal/ soundcheck-

he is THE KILLER! :P


Rubbish. He nearly always rehearses for TV shows, particularly if he's playing with different musicians or doing rarely-performed songs. I even have an audio of him rehearsing for 'Wogan' in '83.
peterchecksfield

 

Postby peterchecksfield » Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:27 pm

duffield dan wrote:How come they only talked about Jerrys movements and not Little Richard's, I thought he was in worse nick than Jerry.



Because Richard has the charisma & (to a lesser extent) the voice to carry it off better. And stiff or not, no-one quite looks like Little Richard (though several have tried), whereas Jerry looks more like an a pensioner on vacation than a rock star these days.

duffield dan wrote:Has anybody ever seen Little Richard without his wig, that would be interesting :lol:


Image

(the 4 guys with him are wearing wigs though!) :lol:
peterchecksfield

 

Postby bailbath » Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:56 pm

Sometimes I wonder if some you guys are fans or not I played the clip back and I was expecting to see a out of tune out out of timing performance but I think Great balls of fire was GREAT.I am glad that Jerry is still here sometimes I wonder if some of you wish he was dead! When watched it last night I felt the same in comparison to some of the other artists that performed it was more than great.And some of them won awards!!!!
IAN
bailbath

User avatar
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2655
Joined: Fri May 25, 2007 7:49 am
Location: Bath, uk

Postby peterchecksfield » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:01 pm

bailbath wrote:Sometimes I wonder if some you guys are fans or not I played the clip back and I was expecting to see a out of tune out out of timing performance but I think Great balls of fire was GREAT.I am glad that Jerry is still here sometimes I wonder if some of you wish he was dead! When watched it last night I felt the same in comparison to some of the other artists that performed it was more than great.And some of them won awards!!!!
IAN


Of course I appreciate the fact that he's still around, & I also take into account his age to some extent. But that doesn't mean to say that he's beyond criticism, & most of us here know that (even now) he can do much better if he really tries. He's performance certainly wasn't an embarassment, it's just that it wasn't extraordinary either.
peterchecksfield

 

Postby bailbath » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:19 pm

Jerry has been written off before and he always comes back!I have faith that there is still more to come God willing.Little richards performance was fine as well but he did a little bit then Fogarty took over.
I'm not saying that you guys are writing him off.
Critizise as much as you like but I will always defend Jerry Lee and in context of the performance of the Grammy medley in the whole of great balls of fire Jerry needed no help!!
IAN
bailbath

User avatar
Site Admin
 
Posts: 2655
Joined: Fri May 25, 2007 7:49 am
Location: Bath, uk

PreviousNext

Return to Archive

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron