9. Mean Old Man
10. You Win Again
11. Johnny B Good.
12. GBOF
13. WLSG
Logan

Re: A setlist for Jerry's concerts

Postby PeterC » Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:03 am

Only one country song, and four blues songs? I definitely wouldn't be interested in going to that show...

1. Lewis Boogie = Nice choice (though whenever he's played it over the last decade or so he's had timing problems).
2. Meat Man = No chance of him doing this!
3. C.C. Rider = A very boring song imo... it was only enjoyable when Kenny played fiddle live.
4.What I Say = Essential, this should be in every JLL show!
5. Trouble In Mind = Never liked it much.
6 No Headstone on my Grave = Again it's never been a favourite of mine (I've always found the slow / fast arrangement very corny).
7. I'll Fly Away = I'd prefer a slower gospel song such as 'The Old Rugged Cross' (particularly as an encore)... I'll Fly Away needs backing singers really.
8. Big Legged Women = Again no chance! Maybe he can relearn 'Hello Hello Baby' (basically a cleaned up version of Big Legged Woman)?
9. Mean Old Man = Although it's nice to have a new song, I think this is dreadful (Kris was definitely having an off day!). 'Pink Cadillac' would be a better choice.
10. You Win Again = Great song, but he knows plenty of other Hank Williams songs (why doesn't he play 'Your Cheatin' Heart' anymore?)
11. Johnny B Good = Far too over-familier... Go for 'Brown Eyed Hadsome Man' or 'Memphis' instead.
12. GBOF = *yawn*... Open the show with it, to get it out of the way!
13. WLSG = Essential of course, though I wish he'd kick the stool back during the piano / guitar solo like he used to.
PeterC

Postby lucasjenke » Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:23 pm

I allready wrote a setlist I´d wish on here but time has changed my oppinion. So I thought I´d write another setlist I´d love to hear him do by now to keep this great thread alive.

1. Great Balls of Fire ( Just get this one out of the way as I am very tired of hearing it)
2. There Must be More To Love Than This ( Allways loved that one )
3. Brown Eyed Handsome Man ( A great rock´n roll Song I allways love to hear by Jerry )
4. Twillight ( I think it was a great one of the LMS Album )
5. Evening Gown ( Another one I loved from LMS)
6. Middle Aged Crazy ( One of Jerrys later hits and a great song I think )
7. Sweet Georgia Brown ( I really got into this song as i listened to it more often )
8. Boogie Woogie Country Man ( There never was a version of that song i disliked)
9. Who´s gonna play this old piano ( this would match perfectly in todays shows)
10. Lucille ( IMO Jerrys version beats Little Richards version. I love that one )
11. Gospel Medley : The Old Rugged Cross/I´m Longing for Home
12. Up On Criples Creek (Loved this one on the MOM Outtakes)
13. Lewis Boogie
14. Mean Woman Blues ( Miss that one in Jerrys shows)
15. What´d I Say ( I LOVE this Song by Jerry )
16. You Belong To Me ( My favourite song at the moment )
17. Crawdad Song ( One of his finest Mercury cuts to me)
18. Good Time Charlies´s Got The Blues ( Wonderfull tune)
19. Help Me Make It Through The Night ( Again a great great country song )
20. Medley: Mona Lisa/ Mexicali Rose
21. Trouble in Mind
22. Georgia on My Mind
23. WLSGO

Encore : Rockin my Life Away, Life´s Railroad to Heaven

All in all this would be about 70 Minutes which is unexpectable but this one would be an about perfect setlist for me
lucasjenke

Postby Logan » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:06 pm

PeterC wrote:Only one country song, and four blues songs? I definitely wouldn't be interested in going to that show...

1. Lewis Boogie = Nice choice (though whenever he's played it over the last decade or so he's had timing problems).
2. Meat Man = No chance of him doing this!
3. C.C. Rider = A very boring song imo... it was only enjoyable when Kenny played fiddle live.
4.What I Say = Essential, this should be in every JLL show!
5. Trouble In Mind = Never liked it much.
6 No Headstone on my Grave = Again it's never been a favourite of mine (I've always found the slow / fast arrangement very corny).
7. I'll Fly Away = I'd prefer a slower gospel song such as 'The Old Rugged Cross' (particularly as an encore)... I'll Fly Away needs backing singers really.
8. Big Legged Women = Again no chance! Maybe he can relearn 'Hello Hello Baby' (basically a cleaned up version of Big Legged Woman)?
9. Mean Old Man = Although it's nice to have a new song, I think this is dreadful (Kris was definitely having an off day!). 'Pink Cadillac' would be a better choice.
10. You Win Again = Great song, but he knows plenty of other Hank Williams songs (why doesn't he play 'Your Cheatin' Heart' anymore?)
11. Johnny B Good = Far too over-familier... Go for 'Brown Eyed Hadsome Man' or 'Memphis' instead.
12. GBOF = *yawn*... Open the show with it, to get it out of the way!
13. WLSG = Essential of course, though I wish he'd kick the stool back during the piano / guitar solo like he used to.

While I love Jerry's country stuff, his rock & roll is what made me a fan, so it's what I'd prefer see him do at a live show. I've always thought his blues, like his country, was very underrated, & I always have thought he should do more of it. I'm in total agreement that he should relearn "Hello Hello Baby" I'll come up with a more realistic set list at some point.
Logan

Postby PeterC » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:21 pm

Setlists should be changed to suit wherever he plays (the big country hits for the deep south, 'Bonnie B.' for Sweden, etc).
PeterC

Postby Henry » Thu Sep 20, 2012 10:40 am

PeterC wrote:Setlists should be changed to suit wherever he plays (the big country hits for the deep south, 'Bonnie B.' for Sweden, etc).

Don,t worry about Sweden and Bonnie B.
We wan,t GBOF at least youngsters today sing along and shout out that one whenewer there is an artist who has it on his repertoire.I saw "Brolle" this summer and i was amused to see young girls happy and laughing when he sang it.

Henry

Postby Maarten K. » Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:22 pm

PeterC wrote:Setlists should be changed to suit wherever he plays (the big country hits for the deep south, 'Bonnie B.' for Sweden, etc).

Jerry doesn't use his setlist. There are quite a few songs on it, but he always plays the same ones. Instead of Kenny saying he should play Drinkin' Wine he now sees it on his setlist.
Maarten K.

Previous

Return to Archive