Best Country song



Postby Piet » Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:38 pm

How about "Four walls" :?:

Piet
Piet

User avatar
 
Posts: 2555
Joined: Fri May 25, 2007 6:19 pm
Location: Rosmalen, The Netherlands

Postby peterchecksfield » Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:57 pm

Piet wrote:How about "Four walls" :?:

Piet


I think almost everything on those Country Music Hall Of Fame albums was great.

Andrew, what's your new avatar?
peterchecksfield

 

Postby Henry » Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:32 pm

This is one of my many favorite countrysong by Jerry.

There stands the glass
That will ease all my pain
That will settle my brain
It's my first one to-day
There stands the glass
That will hide all my tears
That will drown all my fears
Brother, I'm on my way

I'm wond'ring where you are tonight
I'm wond'ring if you all right
I wonder if you think of me
In my mis-e-ry
There stands the glass
Fill it up to the brim
Till my troubles grow dim
It's my first one to-day.
Henry

 
Posts: 596
Joined: Fri May 25, 2007 3:31 pm
Location: Sweden

Postby peterchecksfield » Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:34 pm

Henry wrote:This is one of my many favorite countrysong by Jerry.

There stands the glass
That will ease all my pain
That will settle my brain
It's my first one to-day
There stands the glass
That will hide all my tears
That will drown all my fears
Brother, I'm on my way

I'm wond'ring where you are tonight
I'm wond'ring if you all right
I wonder if you think of me
In my mis-e-ry
There stands the glass
Fill it up to the brim
Till my troubles grow dim
It's my first one to-day.


Yes, that's a great one! Jerry was performing this live at least as early as 1962.
peterchecksfield

 

Postby martin bates » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:44 pm

peterchecksfield wrote:
Piet wrote:How about "Four walls" :?:

Piet


I think almost everything on those Country Music Hall Of Fame albums was great.

Andrew, what's your new avatar?


agreed; an early favourite of mine was I Know What It Means, & other Sun favs. like You Win Again & Fools Like Me are timeless.

I guess the new avatar must be a coat he got for his birthday :wink:

Martin.
martin bates

 
Posts: 1116
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:13 pm

Postby Richard Harvey » Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:36 pm

I love Cold Cold Heart, and I think I've only seen him sing it once. In the mid nineties, on a bill supported by Brendan Shine and Alvin Stardust. Playing that horrible little Yamaha Andrew missed out on!
--
Richard Harvey

 
Posts: 597
Joined: Sat May 26, 2007 12:07 am

Postby Akiller » Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:54 pm

jarireinikka wrote:...possibly the earliest JLL non-Sun country song I ever Heard was Detroit City and it still gives me shivers,a real classic...


"Together Again" live from "The Greatest Show On Earth"
Akiller

 
Posts: 135
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 10:53 pm
Location: Helsinki, Finland

Postby Tommy » Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:33 pm

Oh and "Today I started loving you again"!
Tommy

 
Posts: 814
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:57 pm
Location: Sweden

Postby peterchecksfield » Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:25 pm

Something no-one has mentioned is 'You Win Again', Jerry's favourite country song. I'd go for the beautiful 1963 recut though.
peterchecksfield

 

Postby Joe » Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:38 pm

There Stands The Glass is fantastic. But I'd also vote for That Kind Of Fool (Odd Man In version), and I'd Do It All Again from Killer Country.
Joe

 
Posts: 63
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 12:16 am

You Win Again

Postby martin bates » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:18 am

peterchecksfield wrote:Something no-one has mentioned is 'You Win Again', Jerry's favourite country song. I'd go for the beautiful 1963 recut though.


I mentioned it :cry:
although I went for the Sun cut,Peter enjoys controversy & usually prefers the 1963 re-makes.(& he told Jerry so !) :wink:
Martin.
martin bates

 
Posts: 1116
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:13 pm

Re: You Win Again

Postby peterchecksfield » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:55 am

martin bates wrote:I mentioned it :cry:
although I went for the Sun cut,Peter enjoys controversy & usually prefers the 1963 re-makes.(& he told Jerry so !) :wink:
Martin.


No.....I told Jerry that I preferred the original WLSGO, & he told me that the 1963 recut is much better & that Roland couldn't play guitar!

I strongly suspect that Jerry Lee Lewis enjoys controversy... :wink:
peterchecksfield

 

Postby Perk » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:45 pm

Adding a good one, "Memory Number one" from the "Four Legends" album.

Perk
Perk

 
Posts: 1628
Joined: Fri May 25, 2007 1:49 pm

Postby Tommy » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:26 pm

Once again but this is if not his best countrysong, at least his best lovesong:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdjaT46HL40

What a feeling!
Tommy

 
Posts: 814
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:57 pm
Location: Sweden

Postby Perk » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:45 pm

Tommy wrote:Once again but this is if not his best countrysong, at least his best lovesong:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdjaT46HL40

What a feeling!


That one is really good! Agree!

Perk
Perk

 
Posts: 1628
Joined: Fri May 25, 2007 1:49 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Archive

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests