Jerry Lee Chronicles 5 dvd box set

Postby Tony Papard » Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:24 pm

Perk wrote:If you check this site
http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=7550799

It says that the studio/label is Kultur Films INC. I checked their site awhile back looking for more info. The dvd set was there alright. But now when i checked their site again it seems to have been removed? There´s only one notice about it. But it can´t be pre-ordered as before. Previously they had a specific page with the cover picture, with the text etc.

http://www.kulturfilms.com/1571621.html

Strange?

Perk

From Kay Martin's comment in 'another place' (as they say in the British Houses of Parliament when referring to the other chamber) I suspect Brasstacks have clamped down on this DVD for copyright reasons.
Long ago in Ferriday down in Louisiana, They all watched Jerry play and pump that old piana

My blog: http://www.tonypapard.info/

My Jerry Lee Lewis page:
http://www.btinternet.com/~tony.papard/JERRYLEELEWIS.HTM
Tony Papard

Postby Perk » Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:44 pm

Tony Papard wrote:
Perk wrote:If you check this site
http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=7550799

It says that the studio/label is Kultur Films INC. I checked their site awhile back looking for more info. The dvd set was there alright. But now when i checked their site again it seems to have been removed? There´s only one notice about it. But it can´t be pre-ordered as before. Previously they had a specific page with the cover picture, with the text etc.

http://www.kulturfilms.com/1571621.html

Strange?

Perk

From Kay Martin's comment in 'another place' (as they say in the British Houses of Parliament when referring to the other chamber) I suspect Brasstacks have clamped down on this DVD for copyright reasons.

If that´s true, then i can´t blame brasstacks, they perhaps finally did something good. But if the set really had some "new" things to see, it´s a loss for us fans.

Hoping it will come out 8)

Perk
Perk

Postby Richard Harvey » Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:33 pm

Any news on this?
--
Richard Harvey

Postby niek81 » Tue Jan 08, 2008 7:50 pm

Well maybe Kay was right than..

Niek
niek81

Postby rockin532000 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 9:22 am

Well, I just checked yesterday with Amazon.com and it is still scheduled to be released by the end of this month.
So, I wouldn't be too worried.
Best Wishes
Joerg
rockin532000

Postby Perk » Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:12 pm

rockin532000 wrote:Well, I just checked yesterday with Amazon.com and it is still scheduled to be released by the end of this month.
So, I wouldn't be too worried.
Best Wishes
Joerg

I fear that Amazon and other internet shops has just not updated their information yet. SRO & Kultur Films Inc are both listed as the label, and i think they are the same company. On their website they have now completely removed the box. It was previously listed there. I wrote them an email asking about it before Christmas, but never received a reply.

Hoping i´m wrong!

Perk
Perk

Postby rockin532000 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:44 am

Yesterday evening I got a confirmation from Amazon that the DVDs have been shipped. So, no worries. Hopefully I get it before the weekend.
Best Wishes
Joerg
rockin532000

Postby peterchecksfield » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:42 am

rockin532000 wrote:Yesterday evening I got a confirmation from Amazon that the DVDs have been shipped. So, no worries. Hopefully I get it before the weekend.
Best Wishes
Joerg

Wow, this surprises me! I really thought it had been cancelled.

I look forward to you review! :D
peterchecksfield

Postby Perk » Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:07 am

peterchecksfield wrote:
rockin532000 wrote:Yesterday evening I got a confirmation from Amazon that the DVDs have been shipped. So, no worries. Hopefully I get it before the weekend.
Best Wishes
Joerg

Wow, this surprises me! I really thought it had been cancelled.

I look forward to you review! :D

Yes! Good news! I´m glad i was wrong in my suspicion that it had been canceled. Hope it contains something new & exciting!

Perk
Perk

Postby Perk » Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:15 pm

Joerg, it´s almost weekend, any dvd chronicles in the mail? Remember nothing is as important as quickly reviewing it for us on here,

:D :D :D

Perk
Perk

Postby rockin532000 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:03 pm

Thanks Perk for reminding me but I am actually still in the office but will see when I get home. However, usually it takes some 7 to 10 days until it arrives, therefore chances are that I will not receive the package until mid next week.
Best Wishes
Joerg
rockin532000

Postby flip54 » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:49 pm

My copy is on the way from a UK ebay dealer

Phil

rockin532000 wrote:Thanks Perk for reminding me but I am actually still in the office but will see when I get home. However, usually it takes some 7 to 10 days until it arrives, therefore chances are that I will not receive the package until mid next week.
Best Wishes
Joerg
flip54

Postby Perk » Fri Feb 01, 2008 10:57 pm

flip54 wrote:My copy is on the way from a UK ebay dealer

Phil

Flipster, you know the drill! We need a review from you guys who gets it first. I have the "I am what i am" documentary only on VHS still, so i plan to buy this thing. As soon as it arrives on Ginza.

Perk
Perk

Postby flip54 » Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:11 pm

Ok Perkyster, man like wow, it arrived less than 24 hrs after gitting it on ebay, well worth £3 post charge!

Yes it's an expanded 5dvd slim disc set from the I Am What I Am doc makers, 477 mins orig source Hallway prod, discs 1-3 have expanded interviews from orig doc,

disc 1 Killer and those closest to him 111 mins
disc 2 Industry Insides 116 min
disc 3 Musical peers and studio stories 141 min
disc 4 bonus/conclusion/Postscript 49 mins -inc the 4 "complete" songs
disc 5 I am What I am ( says 60 min but my orig dvd of it has 74 min!!)

I've played thru the 4 live performances from disc 4, all in great quality and close up
Another Time 2:41, Breathless 1:50 and Shakin 3:11 (with an annoying fade ending as JLL still in an extended solo) all from Royal York Toronto 87 and GBOF 2:00 Bullpen Lounge Nashville 87

It`s a rugby international day so won't play it until later tonight or tomorrow as I'm off up the pub, but it has come out and looks promising (despite the somewhat negative feedback to my posting last Dec about it)

Happy Flip

ps Patsy Cline's hubby Charlie Dick was involved in this orig release

Perk wrote:

Phil

Flipster, you know the drill! We need a review from you guys who gets it first. I have the "I am what i am" documentary only on VHS still, so i plan to buy this thing. As soon as it arrives on Ginza.

Perk
flip54

Postby Tony Papard » Sat Feb 02, 2008 3:35 pm

flip54 wrote:Ok Perkyster, man like wow, it arrived less than 24 hrs after gitting it on ebay, well worth £3 post charge!

Yes it's an expanded 5dvd slim disc set from the I Am What I Am doc makers, 477 mins orig source Hallway prod, discs 1-3 have expanded interviews from orig doc,

disc 1 Killer and those closest to him 111 mins
disc 2 Industry Insides 116 min
disc 3 Musical peers and studio stories 141 min
disc 4 bonus/conclusion/Postscript 49 mins -inc the 4 "complete" songs
disc 5 I am What I am ( says 60 min but my orig dvd of it has 74 min!!)

I've played thru the 4 live performances from disc 4, all in great quality and close up
Another Time 2:41, Breathless 1:50 and Shakin 3:11 (with an annoying fade ending as JLL still in an extended solo) all from Royal York Toronto 87 and GBOF 2:00 Bullpen Lounge Nashville 87

It`s a rugby international day so won't play it until later tonight or tomorrow as I'm off up the pub, but it has come out and looks promising (despite the somewhat negative feedback to my posting last Dec about it)

Happy Flip

ps Patsy Cline's hubby Charlie Dick was involved in this orig release

Perk wrote:

Phil

Perk

Thanks Phil. Look forward to a full review, but it sounds promising already.
Long ago in Ferriday down in Louisiana, They all watched Jerry play and pump that old piana

My blog: http://www.tonypapard.info/

My Jerry Lee Lewis page:
http://www.btinternet.com/~tony.papard/JERRYLEELEWIS.HTM
Tony Papard

PreviousNext

Return to Archive