Jerry Lee Chronicles 5 dvd box set

Postby Perk » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:05 pm

JerryLeeJnr wrote:
peterchecksfield wrote:I realised something while watching this today: on 'Another Place, Another Time' Jerry is wearing his jacket! Now, on the Toronto '87 video (released briefly by Charly in 1991) Jerry isn't wearing his jacket on any of the songs except 'Johnny B. Goode', & he can be seen removing his jacket at the end of that song. So this means that 'Another Place, Another Time' is from earlier in the show than all those other songs! Perhaps he even started the show with this song (not impossible)...

Also, all three of the Toronto '87 songs on the boxset have had the audio remixed, or at least reverb has been added. I think they sound better this way (the vocals are too "dry" on the videotape).

By the way , on the Charly Video we see another concert: Stockyard Lounge, Nashville...Its the same year than Toronto?.Because I think on the Nashville concert is SUPERB compare to the other(a little weak).And with a GREAT and powerful version of No Headstone on My Grave.A pity that we have only a part of that concert. :(

I am not sure but it has to be the guys who put the "I Am What I Am" documentary together, that had these two shows filmed for possible use in their documentary. Let´s hope they follow up their 5 disc box with a 2 dvd box of these shows in complete Image

Perk
Perk

Postby flip54 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:53 am

Chronicles would have to sell a shed load of copies for that to happen

Phil

Perk wrote:[I am not sure but it has to be the guys who put the "I Am What I Am" documentary together, that had these two shows filmed for possible use in their documentary. Let´s hope they follow up their 5 disc box with a 2 dvd box of these shows in complete Image

Perk
flip54

Postby Perk » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:52 am

Phil

I´m not so sure about that Phil, they must have figured from the start that this 5 disc box wouldn´t sell much. Normally most wouldn´t be interested in hours of interviews. They probably owned the rights to it so it didn´t cost much for them to put it out.

I often wondered how Bear Family can over and over put out large CD boxes of material that can´t be expected to sell much? For instance that recent 10 CD box called "Die Burg Waldeck Festivals 1964 – 1969" with german artists and other obscure ones.

Part of the answer must be that it costs them very little to require the material, perhaps even nothing?

So those 2 live shows with Jerry shouldn´t involve too much problems for them to release, at least not for financial reasons if they own the rights.

Perk
Perk

Postby peterchecksfield » Fri Apr 25, 2008 10:57 am

Perk wrote:

Phil

I´m not so sure about that Phil, they must have figured from the start that this 5 disc box wouldn´t sell much. Normally most wouldn´t be interested in hours of interviews. They probably owned the rights to it so it didn´t cost much for them to put it out.

I often wondered how Bear Family can over and over put out large CD boxes of material that can´t be expected to sell much? For instance that recent 10 CD box called "Die Burg Waldeck Festivals 1964 – 1969" with german artists and other obscure ones.

Part of the answer must be that it costs them very little to require the material, perhaps even nothing?

So those 2 live shows with Jerry shouldn´t involve too much problems for them to release, at least not for financial reasons if they own the rights.

Perk

The answer with Bear Family is that they charge a LOT of money for their boxsets.

The only way we'll see these complete shows on DVD is:

(a) They charge at least £20 (& then they're sell even less copies).

(b) It's released by one of these "semi official" compaies like Bim Bam (not much chance if they can't actually access the material).

(c) A few of us get together & bribe the people who own these so that they're at least release it to a few private collectors.

I suggest we go for (c)....
peterchecksfield

Postby Perk » Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:46 pm

(c) A few of us get together & bribe the people who own these so that they're at least release it to a few private collectors.

The Jerry Lee Mafia will strike again Image
Perk

Postby jayhawks » Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:02 pm

Perk wrote:

The Jerry Lee Mafia will strike again Image

any news so far...?! :D
I'm a rollin' stone all alone and lost
For a life of sin I have paid the cost
When I pass by all the people say
Just another guy on the lost highway
jayhawks

Previous

Return to Archive