Kilroy Sessions

Re: Kilroy Sessions

Postby thrund » Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:30 pm

thrund wrote:
lucasjenke wrote:There are about 40 songs from tht session ad it is gret. Jerry was still wild and you can hear the fun he is having playing these records

I love the End of the Road version of that concert

Which session with producer Kilroy do you mean exactly with those 'about 40 songs' please?
..would like to get details...

Thomas

....knock, knock....are you still alive 'lucasjenke'?....

Thomas
The best way to avoid disappointment is to not expect anything from anyone.
thrund

Re: Kilroy Sessions

Postby Rocky » Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:26 pm

Okay, here's the rundown on the Eddie Kilroy produced Elektra sessions recorded in a week in November, 1980.
12 tracks for a gospel album "Precious Memories" that originally was set for mid April, 1981: Precious Memories/What a Friend We Have in Jesus/My God is Real/Down the Sawdust Trail/When They Ring the Golden Bells/On the Jericho Road/Old Time Religion/Just a Closer Walk With Thee/He Set Me Free/Softly and Tenderly/Jesus Hold My Hand/In the Garden.

13 tracks for a country album "8 X 10" originally set for November, 1981: Eight by Ten/Autumn Leaves/I Wish You Love/Pride Don't Mean a Thing/Arkansas/Fever/Have I Told You Lately/Tennessee Waltz/Jerry's Blues (Inst)/Easter Parade/Keep My Motor Running/Lady of Spain/San Antonio Rose.

9 songs previously recorded. In better words...34 songs in all. A later 1987 independant Kilroy session produced 7 top quality tracks. = 41 tracks.
Rocky

Previous

Return to Archive