LMS follow up



Postby Stefan » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:18 pm

Yes it sounds good with Chuck but the result could be disapointing.
Maybe a duet with Dolly Parton doing Great Balls Of Fire. She is also a big fan of Jerry.
Stefan

 
Posts: 354
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:17 am

Postby peterchecksfield » Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:57 pm

Stefan wrote:Maybe a duet with Dolly Parton doing Great Balls Of Fire. She is also a big fan of Jerry.


But not Dorothee! :oops:
peterchecksfield

 

Postby flip54 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:12 pm

Shame that Tiny Tim and Georgia Gibbs are both dead!

Let's get Bette Midler, Gary Busey,Denis Quaid and Billy Ray Cyrus instead :lol:

Phil



peterchecksfield wrote:
Stefan wrote:Maybe a duet with Dolly Parton doing Great Balls Of Fire. She is also a big fan of Jerry.


But not Dorothee! :oops:
flip54

 
Posts: 457
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:34 am

Postby Tommy » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:13 pm

I know that it is a bit OT but wasn´t Chuck working whith a studioalbum?
Tommy

 
Posts: 814
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2007 1:57 pm
Location: Sweden

Postby peterchecksfield » Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:10 pm

Tommy wrote:I know that it is a bit OT but wasn´t Chuck working whith a studioalbum?


Yes, since about 1983.

And you thought LMS took a long time..... :roll:
peterchecksfield

 

Postby Tony Papard » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:22 pm

Stefan wrote:Yes it sounds good with Chuck but the result could be disapointing.
Maybe a duet with Dolly Parton doing Great Balls Of Fire. She is also a big fan of Jerry.


I like that - Great Balls (Tits) of Fire! Could be a hit all over again. :D
Image
Long ago in Ferriday down in Louisiana, They all watched Jerry play and pump that old piana

My blog: http://www.tonypapard.info/

My Jerry Lee Lewis page:
http://www.btinternet.com/~tony.papard/JERRYLEELEWIS.HTM
Tony Papard

User avatar
 
Posts: 1436
Joined: Fri May 25, 2007 4:01 pm
Location: London, England, EU

Postby W_Skinner » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:51 pm

peterchecksfield wrote:
Tommy wrote:I know that it is a bit OT but wasn´t Chuck working whith a studioalbum?


Yes, since about 1983.

And you thought LMS took a long time..... :roll:


He's still trying to get that guitar in tune... :D
Hahaha, sorry, couldn't resist. LOL

Ok, Back to Topic ;)
So if not Status Quo, other partners for Jerry could be Brian Setzer and Dave Edmunds. They can add that famous boogie-guitar-riff, too. 8)
So Long, W.Skinner
have a look at my own R'n'R band: www.dekrauts.rocken.de
W_Skinner

 
Posts: 104
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:15 pm
Location: Munich, Germany

Postby jayhawks » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:16 am

W_Skinner wrote:
peterchecksfield wrote:
Tommy wrote:I know that it is a bit OT but wasn´t Chuck working whith a studioalbum?


Yes, since about 1983.

And you thought LMS took a long time..... :roll:


He's still trying to get that guitar in tune... :D
Hahaha, sorry, couldn't resist. LOL

Ok, Back to Topic ;)
So if not Status Quo, other partners for Jerry could be Brian Setzer and Dave Edmunds. They can add that famous boogie-guitar-riff, too. 8)


setzer & edmunds are true ADMIRERS, so those both would be a great choice!
jayhawks

User avatar
 
Posts: 1230
Joined: Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:45 am

Postby flip54 » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:36 pm

Dave always rates Shaking as the record which changed his life. I`ve heard he approached JLL`s " management" (ie the guy with the paper sack for the show loot) -with a view to recording a studio album with him- at both the Rome RnR Reunion tv and also at the Hammersmith JLL and Friends show but got short shrift each time which if true is a great opportunity lost. Dave has some health issues these days and has a much lower world profile now unlike back when he made the offer

Phil

jayhawks wrote:
W_Skinner wrote:
peterchecksfield wrote:
Tommy wrote:I know that it is a bit OT but wasn´t Chuck working whith a studioalbum?


Yes, since about 1983.

And you thought LMS took a long time..... :roll:


He's still trying to get that guitar in tune... :D
Hahaha, sorry, couldn't resist. LOL

Ok, Back to Topic ;)
So if not Status Quo, other partners for Jerry could be Brian Setzer and Dave Edmunds. They can add that famous boogie-guitar-riff, too. 8)


setzer & edmunds are true ADMIRERS, so those both would be a great choice!
flip54

 
Posts: 457
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:34 am

Postby Stefan » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:10 pm

I was about to see Dave Edmunds here in Sweden at 26th january but he cancelled out due to ilness. Haven´t seen him since 1981 so i was lokking forward to that but it was not to be. Yes Jerry and Dave working together would have been great.
Stefan
Stefan

 
Posts: 354
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 7:17 am

Postby peterchecksfield » Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:19 pm

Van Morrison expressed an interest with producing Jerry in 1993, & The Rolling Stones & Shane McGowan also expressed an interest with working with him, but nothing came of all these either.
peterchecksfield

 

Postby Perk » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:35 pm

For a follow up, i think especially of 2 rockers that Jerry Lee could do well.

Stevie Ray Vaughan´s The House Is Rockin (even the piano is like Jerry, and the rolling of the song fits Jerry perfectly).

Elvis Presley´s T.R.O.U.B.L.E. This one i think Jerry could easily make a good version of! Listen to the lyrics!

Perk
Perk

 
Posts: 1628
Joined: Fri May 25, 2007 1:49 pm

Postby flip54 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 12:00 am

I read somewhere that T.R.O. etc was written for JLL, " I play an old piano from 9 to half past one" doesn't really fit ole El, Travis Tritt did a great later version, worth checking out, did same with Burnin Love

Phil

ps back in the early 70s I always wanted JLL to cover the Move's California Man (where Jeff Lynne does a neat JLL parody on his echoed verse) and Mungo Jerry's Long Legged Woman Dressed In Black or Baby Jump

Perk wrote:For a follow up, i think especially of 2 rockers that Jerry Lee could do well.

Stevie Ray Vaughan´s The House Is Rockin (even the piano is like Jerry, and the rolling of the song fits Jerry perfectly).

Elvis Presley´s T.R.O.U.B.L.E. This one i think Jerry could easily make a good version of! Listen to the lyrics!

Perk
flip54

 
Posts: 457
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:34 am

Postby Perk » Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:07 pm

flip54 wrote:I read somewhere that T.R.O. etc was written for JLL, " I play an old piano from 9 to half past one" doesn't really fit ole El, Travis Tritt did a great later version, worth checking out, did same with Burnin Love

Phil

ps back in the early 70s I always wanted JLL to cover the Move's California Man (where Jeff Lynne does a neat JLL parody on his echoed verse) and Mungo Jerry's Long Legged Woman Dressed In Black or Baby Jump

Perk wrote:For a follow up, i think especially of 2 rockers that Jerry Lee could do well.

Stevie Ray Vaughan´s The House Is Rockin (even the piano is like Jerry, and the rolling of the song fits Jerry perfectly).

Elvis Presley´s T.R.O.U.B.L.E. This one i think Jerry could easily make a good version of! Listen to the lyrics!

Perk


I didn´t know where to post this, but figured this was a good place. Here´s another rocker Jerry would do very well, called "Gonna Go Hunting Tonight". Hank Jr on the piano playing that he´s Jerry Lee (with boots on the piano).

Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IhgX4TD ... re=related

Perk
Perk

 
Posts: 1628
Joined: Fri May 25, 2007 1:49 pm

Previous

Return to Archive

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests