LMS follow up

Postby peterchecksfield » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:42 pm

Well, Jerry only has two more concerts lined-up now (in February & March), so could he really be retiring from the road, &/or is he going to concentrate on the LMS follow-up....

If they go for the same kinda thing again (mostly guest artists), my guess at the most likely candidates are Solomon Burke, Tom Jones & Chrissie Hynde.
peterchecksfield

Postby Tony Papard » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:47 pm

peterchecksfield wrote:Well, Jerry only has two more concerts lined-up now (in February & March), so could he really be retiring from the road, &/or is he going to concentrate on the LMS follow-up....

If they go for the same kinda thing again (mostly guest artists), my guess at the most likely candidates are Solomon Burke, Tom Jones & Chrissie Hynde.

Norah Jones? And what about the solo album we were half promised, I thought he'd already recorded some tracks.

I certainly think Jerry may cut down his touring schedule. Will we ever see him in Europe again, and if so will it just be one-off shows/festivals?

This may not be a bad thing, as touring, especially abroad, seems to take its toll on him. But as he once said, he still has to pay the light bill. Possibly one concert a month is enough to keep him going financially.

But a follow-up to LMS CD would be good. Difficult if he doesn't have a label/recording contract, which was the main problem getting LMS released.
Long ago in Ferriday down in Louisiana, They all watched Jerry play and pump that old piana

My blog: http://www.tonypapard.info/

My Jerry Lee Lewis page:
http://www.btinternet.com/~tony.papard/JERRYLEELEWIS.HTM
Tony Papard

Postby peterchecksfield » Tue Jan 29, 2008 12:51 pm

Tony Papard wrote:Possibly one concert a month is enough to keep him going financially.

He's pretty much been doing this for the past year or so anyway (apart from the European visits).

I thought Little Richard was definately retiring after his 75th birthday (last December), yet he has more shows lined-up than Jerry has...
peterchecksfield

Postby hamd01 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:14 pm

Didnt jerry record some Blues & Gospel tracks in LA, around the time they filmed LMS Live?

It is possible the already have an albums worth of material, and are trying to find a label on which to release it. After the debacle of the LMS album, they may very well want to keep a tight lid on it, rather than have all the fans pulling their hair out again.
hamd01

Postby peterchecksfield » Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:22 pm

hamd01 wrote:Didnt jerry record some Blues & Gospel tracks in LA, around the time they filmed LMS Live?

No...these were recorded in the summer of 2005; LMS live was filmed in Sept-Oct 2006.

But no label will want to release Jerry singing gospel songs, & (for better or worse) I doubt if they'd be interested without him adding a few "star" guests again.
peterchecksfield

Postby richjohnson26 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:14 pm

How much has been seen or heard of Jimmy Rip (who presumably produced the follow-up tracks) recently? He was all over the place and seemed to be giving out lots of info in the two years before lms but now seems to have dissapeared. When is the last time he performed with Jerry or was seen with him that we know of?
richjohnson26

Postby niek81 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:20 pm

I think he played with Jerry at the show in New Orleans, at the Brad Pitt benefit thing.

I even think he brought Jerry in there, as his buddy Steve Bing was involved in the event as well.

Niek
niek81

Postby Stefan » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:51 pm

I think you can´t sell a solo CD with Jerry with just gospel and blues songs. That would just be something for us fans. In a new duet CD maybe they can put in one or two gospel songs if it is a duet with Mickey Gilley or Jimmy Swaggart. Otherwise it must be rock/country and I hope for duets with Tom Jones, Van Morrison, Chris Isaak, Emmylou Harris, George Thorogood and Tanya Tucker.
Stefan
Stefan

Postby peterchecksfield » Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:55 pm

One thing I find unfortunate is that Jerry did absolutely no TV performances during 2007, the first year this has happened since 2002. I know he did lots in late 2006, but it seems that LMS was only promoted during the first few weeks of release. These days, when even top selling artists only release new albums every 2 or 3 years, albums have to be constantly promoted for months or even years (though it would've helped if we'd had some singles released from the album).
peterchecksfield

Postby Stefan » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:08 pm

It seems very quiet from the Lewis management so maybe they have something going this year. Or is it the beginning of a retirement ? I dont think so and I dont hope so.
Stefan
Stefan

Postby W_Skinner » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:08 pm

Stefan wrote: Otherwise it must be rock/country and I hope for duets with Tom Jones, Van Morrison, Chris Isaak, Emmylou Harris, George Thorogood and Tanya Tucker.
Stefan

Hehe, let Status Quo record a song with him. 8)
So Long, W.Skinner
have a look at my own R'n'R band: www.dekrauts.rocken.de
W_Skinner

Postby peterchecksfield » Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:10 pm

W_Skinner wrote:
Stefan wrote: Otherwise it must be rock/country and I hope for duets with Tom Jones, Van Morrison, Chris Isaak, Emmylou Harris, George Thorogood and Tanya Tucker.
Stefan

Only if they get Alan Lancaster back... :wink:
peterchecksfield

Postby hamd01 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:54 am

W_Skinner wrote:
Stefan

This should never been allowed to happen!
hamd01

Postby Stefan » Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:45 am

I forgot a duet with Chuck Berry would have been fantastic but probably impossible to produce ...
Stefan

Postby peterchecksfield » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:25 am

I'd like a duet with Cliff Richard ('It'll Be Me' perhaps?). After Tom Jones, he's the artist who's given Jerry the most name-checks over the years, & is a real fan. Unfortunately Jimmy Rip only chooses (& probably only knows) artists who's had big U.S. success, so Cliff & Quo have little chance. Paul McCartney perhaps?

I love the idea of a duet with ol' Chuckles, but the reality would probably be as dissapointing as the duet with Little Richard.
peterchecksfield

PreviousNext

Return to Archive