LMS follow up

LMS follow up

Postby Stefan » Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:02 am

I wonder if there is to be a follow up album to Last Man Standing ?
I read somewhere that Jerrys was supposed to go into the studio this autumn. Any news about that ?
Stefan
Stefan

Re: LMS follow up

Postby peterchecksfield » Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:06 am

Stefan wrote:I wonder if there is to be a follow up album to Last Man Standing ?
I read somewhere that Jerrys was supposed to go into the studio this autumn. Any news about that ?
Stefan

Most major artists wait 2 or 3 years between albums these days. So I doubt if we'll get another album before 2009.
peterchecksfield

Postby Stefan » Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:10 am

Another question is if Jerrys voice is in shape for a recording session.
I really hope so. Many of the tracks on LMS is recorded 6 years back or something. I guess Old Glory and Evening Gown is one of the first songs recorded. Do you know the recordingdates(years) for the songs on the CD Peter ?
Stefan

Postby peterchecksfield » Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:22 am

Stefan wrote:Another question is if Jerrys voice is in shape for a recording session.
I really hope so. Many of the tracks on LMS is recorded 6 years back or something. I guess Old Glory and Evening Gown is one of the first songs recorded. Do you know the recordingdates(years) for the songs on the CD Peter ?

I think they were recorded between September 2002 & the summer of 2005. But I'm also worried about the condition of Jerry's voice now: I remember when those live-in-the-studio LMS bonus tracks were released, several people said they weren't really good enough because of his voice (his voice sounds weaker now of course). So, they have the choice of (a) doing lots of digital "tweaking", or (b) having his voice sounding similar to Johnny Cash's final recordings. If Jimmy Rip is recording Jerry again then he'll probably go for option (a), as there's no doubt that some of the vocals on LMS (such as 'I Saw Her Standing There') were 'enhanced' to make him sound younger.
Last edited by peterchecksfield on Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
peterchecksfield

Postby peterchecksfield » Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:50 am

Does anyone know what the agreement was with LMS? Was it a one-off deal, or did he sign for a number of albums &/or years?
peterchecksfield

Postby unchained » Thu Nov 01, 2007 12:33 pm

I believe none of the jerk-off companies in the world wanted to release LMS, some no name company (shanri-La)
eventually did produce it with great success. Despite good sales I personally doubt there will be more releases in the future.
unchained

Postby peterchecksfield » Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:26 pm

unchained wrote:Despite good sales I personally doubt there will be more releases in the future.

Why?
peterchecksfield

Postby richjohnson26 » Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:08 pm

I thought it was reported on the start-page that Jerry-Lee already has a new album in the can recorded between the end of the LMS sessions and the albums eventual release. Mostly blues and gospel if I remember correctly.
richjohnson26

Postby peterchecksfield » Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:15 pm

richjohnson26 wrote:I thought it was reported on the start-page that Jerry-Lee already has a new album in the can recorded between the end of the LMS sessions and the albums eventual release. Mostly blues and gospel if I remember correctly.

He certainly did some more sessions, but whether there's enough there for a full album I don't know. Also, I'm not so sure that the record company would want a follow up of mostly blues & gospel (if that's what he really recorded).

And as Stefan mentioned earlier, I've also heard Jerry was going to do more sessions near the end of this year, so I guess they still want more. Maybe this is why he has so few shows scheduled?
peterchecksfield

Postby Perk » Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:52 pm

peterchecksfield wrote:
richjohnson26 wrote:I thought it was reported on the start-page that Jerry-Lee already has a new album in the can recorded between the end of the LMS sessions and the albums eventual release. Mostly blues and gospel if I remember correctly.

He certainly did some more sessions, but whether there's enough there for a full album I don't know. Also, I'm not so sure that the record company would want a follow up of mostly blues & gospel (if that's what he really recorded).

And as Stefan mentioned earlier, I've also heard Jerry was going to do more sessions near the end of this year, so I guess they still want more. Maybe this is why he has so few shows scheduled?

As an addition, i recall that Jimmy Rip mentioned that his intention for the next album was to have it more raw. If that means more stripped down, or more rougher & tougher? There would be no duets, only exception was if he could get Bob Dylan for one. Also mentioned were that Chuck Berry´s "You Can´t Catch Me" had been recorded. So hopefully we´ll get something in 2008-09!

Perk
Perk

Postby peterchecksfield » Thu Nov 01, 2007 4:59 pm

Perk wrote:There would be no duets...

I'm pretty sure there'll be several duets, & that there'll try for a LMS Part 2...

"Money, honey!" :wink:

Didn't Jimmy Rip insist that LMS wouldn't be a duet album? Ok, some guests (B.B. King, Clapton, etc) only guest as musicians, but they're still pretty much musical duets even if they're not vocal duets.
peterchecksfield

Postby Tommy » Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:06 pm

peterchecksfield wrote:

Well let´s really hope so!
Tommy

Postby Perk » Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:32 pm

peterchecksfield wrote:
Perk wrote:There would be no duets...

I'm pretty sure there'll be several duets, & that there'll try for a LMS Part 2...

"Money, honey!" :wink:

Didn't Jimmy Rip insist that LMS wouldn't be a duet album? Ok, some guests (B.B. King, Clapton, etc) only guest as musicians, but they're still pretty much musical duets even if they're not vocal duets.

True, money speaks! If i was the producer i would have a "nervous breakdown" doing it!

Perk ; )
Perk

Postby hamd01 » Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:22 pm

I wonder what LMS would have been like without the other artists on there?

I recall that Jerry was in an LA studio recording some gospel/blues around the time of the LMS Live recording.

The sound engineering on LMS was amazing in my opinion, and knocked a good 10 years off his 2007 voice. It actually sounds better than Young Blood vocally.

Its a shame they had to do some work on his voice to make it sound better, but at the end of the day they did the same with the GBOF soundtrack and even Jerry said that came out really well.

I hope by "raw" Jimmy meant that Jerry will be recording a solo album....him and piano....maybe with the occasional guitar and drums.

Whatever the new album is, I hope they keep it under wraps until about a week before its release date. I cant take another LMS debacle!
hamd01

Postby peterchecksfield » Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:15 pm

hamd01 wrote:I wonder what LMS would have been like without the other artists on there?

I don't believe it would ever have been released. It was hard enough getting LMS in the shops...
peterchecksfield

Next

Return to Archive