Books on Jerry Lee

Postby peterchecksfield » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:31 am

bailbath wrote:This is on the Yahoo forum.
The Ferriday Fireball book (bigger than the Bible!)
Day-by-day on the entire life of Jerry Lee Lewis: Paul MacPhail, 34 Mt. Herbert Rd., Stratford, P.E.I., Canada C1B 2S4
$30 surface US& Canada, $40 air Europe, Australia
Hopefully it is up to date!
IAN

His email address should be on the Yahoo forum too, can someone have a look (for Cindy)? I'm not a member myself.
peterchecksfield

Postby tchr » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:48 am

cindy560a wrote:Wow, thanks for finding Paul's address! I did find his old post on another forum, but it looked like the forum itself wasn't that active, and didn't bother to write him there. If I don't find his email addy, I'll write him in a snail mail to this address. Again, thanks much for all the help!

cindy

Day-by-day on the entire life of Jerry Lee Lewis: Paul MacPhail, 34 Mt. Herbert Rd., Stratford, P.E.I., Canada C1B 2S4
IAN

Hi Cindy,

Here's Paul's e-mail adress: p.macphail@hotmail.com

Tore
tchr

Postby cindy560a » Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:44 pm

Tore, thank you so much for Paul's email address! This will really speed up the process. I'm going to order the book from him right now (^_^)

Cheers!
cindy

Tore Christensen wrote:
cindy560a wrote:Wow, thanks for finding Paul's address! I did find his old post on another forum, but it looked like the forum itself wasn't that active, and didn't bother to write him there. If I don't find his email addy, I'll write him in a snail mail to this address. Again, thanks much for all the help!

cindy

IAN

Hi Cindy,

Here's Paul's e-mail adress: p.macphail@hotmail.com

Tore
cindy560a

Postby Maarten K. » Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:41 pm

IAN

I bought the newest (second) edition last year. A few months ago Paul sent pages with updates. How is that for service?
Maarten K.

Postby cindy560a » Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:16 pm

Maarten -
Awesome service (^0^) I never heard of a book that gets "updated" like that. For a moment I thought this was self- publishing when I read your post, but I realized it can't be...Paul's old post mentioned that it was sold in 24 countries, or something close to that (0_0). Well, just that's just about everywhere except Japan, of course...

And Peter, belated thanks for asking others to find Paul's email addy!

cindy

Maarten K. wrote:
IAN

I bought the newest (second) edition last year. A few months ago Paul sent pages with updates. How is that for service?
cindy560a

Postby peterchecksfield » Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:20 pm

cindy560a wrote:Maarten -
Awesome service (^0^) I never heard of a book that gets "updated" like that. For a moment I thought this was self- publishing when I read your post, but I realized it can't be...Paul's old post mentioned that it was sold in 24 countries, or something close to that (0_0). Well, just that's just about everywhere except Japan, of course...

cindy

You're welcome...& when he said "Sold in 24 countries" he means simply via mail order from him. The book has never been officially published / sold anywhere (he'd quickly get sued if it was as there's a lot of 'borrowed' & uncredited copyright material!).

Am I the only person here who recalls Christoph Ebner of Germany doing something similar to Paul's book back in the mid 90s? It was on a much smaller scale, though it did include many more setlists.
peterchecksfield

Postby cindy560a » Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:28 pm

peterchecksfield wrote:
cindy560a wrote:Maarten -

cindy

You're welcome...& when he said "Sold in 24 countries" he means simply via mail order from him. The book has never been officially published / sold anywhere (he'd quickly get sued if it was as there's a lot of 'borrowed' & uncredited copyright material!).

Am I the only person here who recalls Christoph Ebner of Germany doing something similar to Paul's book back in the mid 90s? It was on a much smaller scale, though it did include many more setlists.

I see. So it is self-published, then. That's a lot of love and labor he had put into to create a book like that on his own.

cindy
cindy560a

Postby peterchecksfield » Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:32 pm

cindy560a wrote:
I see. So it is self-published, then. That's a lot of love and labor he had put into to create a book like that on his own.

cindy

I guess so. I only have the first edition from about 5 years ago, & that had quite a few omissions & errors. The new one is apparantly much better, & includes corrections & additions from myself, Graham Knight, Tony Houlton & (especially) Pierre Pennone, & possibly others too.
peterchecksfield

Postby Perk » Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:40 pm

I used to get Chris "stone tapes" lists! But not longer than mid 80´s. I do recall a fan mention a book he had with shows listed. I was surprised to hear about this book. It´s probably the same thing you mentions! I never seen it though.

Perk
Perk

Postby cindy560a » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:10 pm

peterchecksfield wrote:
cindy560a wrote:

cindy

I guess so. I only have the first edition from about 5 years ago, & that had quite a few omissions & errors. The new one is apparantly much better, & includes corrections & additions from myself, Graham Knight, Tony Houlton & (especially) Pierre Pennone, & possibly others too.

It's never easy to write a perfect book of expansive information like this one, and I'm certain Paul appreciated all your suggestions to make the book even more informative. And hey, since the book is even better now, sounds like I came along at the right moment! :wink:

But it sounds like many of you already have your own version of "the book" to be able to detect all the error and omissions!
:shock:

cindy
cindy560a

Postby peter molecz » Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:30 am

Chris Ebner´s book was written together with Bernd Hermoneit, Mac Rothe and Thomas Sobczak in 1995 to celebrate Jerry´s 60th birthday.

"The Works Of Jerry Lee Lewis" A day-to-day list with all his studio-, movie- and known liveshows from 1950 to 1995. It was even published
twice, the second edited version includes a lot of additions and corrections from Peter Hayman and myself.

Peter M.
peter molecz

Postby peterchecksfield » Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:46 am

peter molecz wrote:Chris Ebner´s book was written together with Bernd Hermoneit, Mac Rothe and Thomas Sobczak in 1995 to celebrate Jerry´s 60th birthday.

"The Works Of Jerry Lee Lewis" A day-to-day list with all his studio-, movie- and known liveshows from 1950 to 1995. It was even published
twice, the second edited version includes a lot of additions and corrections from Peter Hayman and myself.

Peter M.

I had this (the first edition, I think).
peterchecksfield

Re: recommendation?

Postby bailbath » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:14 pm

bailbath wrote:
peterchecksfield wrote:
cindy560a wrote:Which book(s) do you all recommend for having the most photographs?

The best books for the JLL story though are the Nick Tosches & Murray Silver / Myra Lewis books, though both were first published in the early 80s & have never been updated.

Murray Silver's book is being updated and hopefully re-published soon.
IAN

This is now off the agenda which is a shame.
bailbath

Site Admin

Postby bailbath » Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:07 pm

bump
bailbath

Site Admin

Postby thekiller92 » Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:06 pm

Is it true, that there is no real photography book of Jerry Lee? I mean something like "Elvis at 21: New York to Memphis" by Alfred Wertheimer, the late Johnny Cash photographys by Andy Earl, ...

Was there an engaged photographer on the '58 England-tour? Would surely be a great book with these photos ;)
thekiller92

PreviousNext

Return to Archive