Books on Jerry Lee

Re: recommendation?

Postby bailbath » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:42 pm

peterchecksfield wrote:
cindy560a wrote:Which book(s) do you all recommend for having the most photographs?

The best books for the JLL story though are the Nick Tosches & Murray Silver / Myra Lewis books, though both were first published in the early 80s & have never been updated.

Murray Silver's book is being updated and hopefully re-published soon.
IAN
bailbath

Site Admin

Postby cindy560a » Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:51 pm

I'm looking at Amazon right now for the Murray Silver's books...I suppose the "True Story of..." and "Uncensored Story of..." are the same books? The published year is the same, but the price difference is quite noticeable. They both seem to be a paperback version, though.

cindy

bailbath wrote:
peterchecksfield wrote:
cindy560a wrote:Which book(s) do you all recommend for having the most photographs?

The best books for the JLL story though are the Nick Tosches & Murray Silver / Myra Lewis books, though both were first published in the early 80s & have never been updated.

Murray Silver's book is being updated and hopefully re-published soon.
IAN
cindy560a

Postby peterchecksfield » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:19 pm

cindy560a wrote:I'm looking at Amazon right now for the Murray Silver's books...I suppose the "True Story of..." and "Uncensored Story of..." are the same books? The published year is the same, but the price difference is quite noticeable. They both seem to be a paperback version, though.

cindy

Yes, they're the same books (this has been released in several different editions & with different covers, but the only other differences as far as I can remember are some photos of Dennis Quaid in later editions).

The Nick Tosche book was reissued recently, so is easily available (I saw it in a local store yesterday).
peterchecksfield

Postby peterchecksfield » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:20 pm

bailbath wrote:Murray Silver's book is being updated and hopefully re-published soon.
IAN

I'd be very surprised if the Lewises assist him this time though.
peterchecksfield

Postby Maarten K. » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:27 pm

Don't forget Paul's extensive book. It is not a 'novel' kinda biography, more a reference guide (with no pictures). It covers all the years date-by-date. It is packed with information. I think it's a essential book for Killer fans.
Maarten K.

Postby peterchecksfield » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:29 pm

Maarten K. wrote:Don't forget Paul's extensive book. It is not a 'novel' kinda biography, more a reference guide (with no pictures). It covers all the years date-by-date. It is packed with information. I think it's a essential book for Killer fans.

Yes, that's true. I'd also add Jeroen's CD-rom (it's a pity he didn't promote this more).
peterchecksfield

Postby Maarten K. » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:32 pm

peterchecksfield wrote: I'd also add Jeroen's CD-rom (it's a pity he didn't promote this more).

I remember reading something about it some time ago. Can you give some more info on what is on it?
Maarten K.

Postby peterchecksfield » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:41 pm

Maarten K. wrote:
peterchecksfield wrote: I'd also add Jeroen's CD-rom (it's a pity he didn't promote this more).

I remember reading something about it some time ago. Can you give some more info on what is on it?

Ask Jeroen, he's a member (& he's online right now!). :D
peterchecksfield

Postby Maarten K. » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:44 pm

peterchecksfield wrote: he's online right now!. :D

I noticed! Jeroen, are you there? :lol:
Maarten K.

Postby cindy560a » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:10 pm

I'd be really interested to know, too! What's it called?

cindy

Maarten K. wrote:
peterchecksfield wrote: he's online right now!. :D

I noticed! Jeroen, are you there? :lol:
cindy560a

Postby cindy560a » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:12 pm

Hey, I'm getting that one right away! If it's not too obvious yet, I just recently became JLL fan, and really trying to catch up on a lot stuff.

cindy

Maarten K. wrote:Don't forget Paul's extensive book. It is not a 'novel' kinda biography, more a reference guide (with no pictures). It covers all the years date-by-date. It is packed with information. I think it's a essential book for Killer fans.
cindy560a

Postby cindy560a » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:04 pm

cindy560a wrote:Hey, I'm getting that one right away! If it's not too obvious yet, I just recently became JLL fan, and really trying to catch up on a lot stuff.

cindy

Hmm...I believe this refers to Ferriday Fireball/Paul MacPhail, right? I've heard about the book before, but apparently Amazon isn't carrying a copy. I'm pretty disappointed...I'll search around.

cindy
cindy560a

Postby peterchecksfield » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:43 am

cindy560a wrote:
cindy560a wrote:Hey, I'm getting that one right away! If it's not too obvious yet, I just recently became JLL fan, and really trying to catch up on a lot stuff.

cindy

Hmm...I believe this refers to Ferriday Fireball/Paul MacPhail, right? I've heard about the book before, but apparently Amazon isn't carrying a copy. I'm pretty disappointed...I'll search around.

cindy

The best way is to buy from Paul MacPhail direct. I don't have his email address though (anyone?).
peterchecksfield

Postby bailbath » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:54 am

This is on the Yahoo forum.
The Ferriday Fireball book (bigger than the Bible!)
Day-by-day on the entire life of Jerry Lee Lewis: Paul MacPhail, 34 Mt. Herbert Rd., Stratford, P.E.I., Canada C1B 2S4
$30 surface US& Canada, $40 air Europe, Australia
Hopefully it is up to date!
IAN
bailbath

Site Admin

Postby cindy560a » Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:45 am

Wow, thanks for finding Paul's address! I did find his old post on another forum, but it looked like the forum itself wasn't that active, and didn't bother to write him there. If I don't find his email addy, I'll write him in a snail mail to this address. Again, thanks much for all the help!

cindy

bailbath wrote:This is on the Yahoo forum.
The Ferriday Fireball book (bigger than the Bible!)
Day-by-day on the entire life of Jerry Lee Lewis: Paul MacPhail, 34 Mt. Herbert Rd., Stratford, P.E.I., Canada C1B 2S4
$30 surface US& Canada, $40 air Europe, Australia
Hopefully it is up to date!
IAN
cindy560a

PreviousNext

Return to Archive