New memberships

New memberships

Postby bailbath » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:50 pm

After many attempts to stop spam on here I am resorting to registering new users by email. If you want to join click this link and I will set-up membership for you.
Ian
Join this forum
bailbath

Site Admin

Re: New memberships

Postby Perk » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:06 am

Good idea Ian!

I read myself that this might be a good way to stop the spammers. To be approved manually first. I guess we ain´t gettiing 100´s of new members everyday, so it should be an easy task for you.

Perk
Perk

Postby bailbath » Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:17 am

Thanks Perk I haven't managed to get certain things put in place with the registration of new members and was manually deleting on a daily basis 5-10 spammers. So this way as you say is easier and less demanding.
There may still spammers lucking that have joined and not yet made themselves known. So we may still get some spam but I will delete post and spammer as soon as I can.
:D
bailbath

Site Admin

Postby Dave McKee » Thu May 26, 2011 5:20 pm

Ian, I really miss Peter Checksfield's contributions to this forum - is there any way you can invite him back without getting tangled up with all those other idiots who used to antagonise him?
Dave McKee

Postby thrund » Thu May 26, 2011 5:35 pm

Dave McKee wrote:Ian, I really miss Peter Checksfield's contributions to this forum - is there any way you can invite him back without getting tangled up with all those other idiots who used to antagonise him?

I wouldn't call all of them idiots, but I would welcome Peter's return too.

Thomas
The best way to avoid disappointment is to not expect anything from anyone.
thrund

Postby Ulli » Thu May 26, 2011 6:44 pm

thrund wrote:I wouldn't call all of them idiots, but I would welcome Peter's return too.

Thomas

I agree with you 100% in both statements, Thomas.
Keep Rockin'
Ulli

Postby bailbath » Fri May 27, 2011 5:13 pm

Dave McKee wrote:Ian, I really miss Peter Checksfield's contributions to this forum - is there any way you can invite him back without getting tangled up with all those other idiots who used to antagonise him?

I have emailed Peter before on a few occasions but he is not really interested in coming here on a daily basis. One man's idiot is another man's hero so it would be hard to stop :!:
I think the only way Peter will start posting again is if he is tempted by some very hot interesting topics so it's in all own hands to make this place a bit more interesting. We keep up to date with all the news and have had some great input from members some more than others so if we all add some interesting topics we will all benefit . There are many here who don't contribute and it would be great to hear from some of you, some new blood for the forum.
Ian
bailbath

Site Admin

Postby Piet » Fri May 27, 2011 9:34 pm

I think the only way Peter will start posting again is if he is tempted by some very hot interesting topics so it's in all own hands to make this place a bit more interesting.

Yeh, let's start a topic about naked woman :lol:
I would say, Ian get your camera and give us a picture of Karen (not the one I have :oops: )
My life will never be the same.
Piet

Postby rockin532000 » Sun May 29, 2011 7:47 pm

I joined the Yahoo Forum back in 2003 and since then, at least in my view, we have touched upon every imaginable topic when it comes to Jerry. The only ones left are the ones which are not tolerated, at least not on the Yahoo Forum. So what is left are the news about concerts etc. but this also has some repetitive character to it these days.
Therefore the things I enjoy the most are stories like the ones we had from Piet or anything really new when it comes to unknown concerts or records.
Best Wishes
Joerg
rockin532000

Postby rockin532000 » Sun May 29, 2011 7:47 pm

I joined the Yahoo Forum back in 2003 and since then, at least in my view, we have touched upon every imaginable topic when it comes to Jerry. The only ones left are the ones which are not tolerated, at least not on the Yahoo Forum. So what is left are the news about concerts etc. but this also has some repetitive character to it these days.
Therefore the things I enjoy the most are stories like the ones we had from Piet or anything really new when it comes to unknown concerts or records.
Best Wishes
Joerg
rockin532000

Postby Piet » Mon May 30, 2011 9:29 am

You're right Joerg,
It looks if all the fun is gone on this forum.
If you write something you've get comments to correct you and it looks like there is nothing negative allowed on this forum either.
Yes, I would love to see my old buddie Peter back on this forum but then again people would almost immediatly start criticise him.
Lets face the fact, I was against the fireballmail on line and got the whole world over me but where are they these days :?: :P
Miss also Phil Davies, come on back boys and start laughing again.
Piet

Postby bailbath » Mon May 30, 2011 9:55 am

I think thats not really fair Piet this forum is open to all opinions.Things are quiet on here but that may change once something new happens. Im on holiday at moment in lovely Devon so limited internet.
Ian
bailbath

Site Admin

Postby Piet » Mon May 30, 2011 10:10 am

Okay, I should add "not by the moderator" but mainly you get comments when you write something not in favor of JLL.
Happy holidays. 8)
Piet

Postby wolfgangguhl » Mon May 30, 2011 9:05 pm

Piet wrote:Lets face the fact, I was against the fireballmail on line and got the whole world over me but where are they these days :?: :P

Not the whole world. I was in your favour and so where some of our buddies.

The truth is very unpopular with some folks, Piet. You know it better than anyone after all these years.

Hope to see you soon and glad seeing you posting on this forum, which will hopefully be revived soon.

I also miss Peter, a true character.
wolfgangguhl

Postby Piet » Tue May 31, 2011 12:18 pm

Okay Wolfie, not everybody and sure hope to see you on some of the new shows.

I guess there's so much said and told by a lot of people on here that we run out of news but that doesn't mean we have to correct members who have different opinions.
Let's hope things can/will get back to the old days.
Piet

Next

Return to Archive