Some 'Lost' Shows...

Re: Some 'Lost' Shows...

Postby DanielWhite » Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:58 pm

peterchecksfield wrote:
Russia isn't part of Europe, so that's why I didn't include them, & where did you get the Dublin date from? Was this a private party or impromptu night club appearance?

Pierre Pennone used to go to all the Zurich shows in the 70s & 80s & I can't recall him mentioning or reviewing this one. Maybe he (or Jourg?) can confirm that it went ahead.

The Dublin show was in a pub, so it probably was a private show or an impromptu appearance. If it was advertised though, an audio could still exist. I got the Zurich show from Wolfie's site.

Aren't we missing two of the three '86 Iceland shows too?

Daniel
DanielWhite

Postby peterchecksfield » Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:07 pm

DanielWhite wrote:
peterchecksfield wrote:
Russia isn't part of Europe, so that's why I didn't include them, & where did you get the Dublin date from? Was this a private party or impromptu night club appearance?

Pierre Pennone used to go to all the Zurich shows in the 70s & 80s & I can't recall him mentioning or reviewing this one. Maybe he (or Jourg?) can confirm that it went ahead.

The Dublin show was in a pub, so it probably was a private show or an impromptu appearance. If it was advertised though, an audio could still exist. I got the Zurich show from Wolfie's site.

Aren't we missing two of the three '86 Iceland shows too?

Daniel

Where did you get the Dublin info?

Wolfie took most of his info from Paul MacPhail's book which has lots of inaccuracies. But Pierre would know for sure if this show happened.

I have two of the Iceland shows (one of them on DVD), though I think he may have played for 4 (instead of 3) days.
peterchecksfield

Postby peterchecksfield » Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:09 pm

Maarten K. wrote:
peterchecksfield wrote:Can you recall what others song he performed? I can probably guess two of them! :D

Drinkin' Wine
Me and Bobby McGee
Chantilly Lace
Boogie Woogie Country Man
Trouble In Mind
Shake, Rattle and Roll
Hey, Good Looking
Rockin' My Life Away
Why You Been Gone So Long
WLS
GBOF

Not from memory but from Paul's book. I have little memory from this show actually. At the 2000 The Hague show Jerry only played for 25 minutes! So maybe he was better at the other legend shows, but I think for the Dutch shows '98 had to be the better one.

This was one of the longest shows on the '98 tour. At some shows he only did 5 songs!

I dunno, I though Jerry looked fitter & healthier in 2000, & most of the shows were certainly longer & a bit less 'auto pilot' than in '98.
peterchecksfield

Postby DanielWhite » Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:22 pm

peterchecksfield wrote:
Where did you get the Dublin info?

Wolfie's site.

I wonder if this show took place, or is it the Barcelona Oct. '90 show?

1.11.90: Oviedo, Spain

Daniel
DanielWhite

Postby peterchecksfield » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:45 pm

DanielWhite wrote:

Daniel

I believe he did a short Spanish tour in Oct or Nov 1990, but no-one seems to know the exact dates & locations.
peterchecksfield

Postby thrund » Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:35 pm

Maarten K. wrote:Bocholt 2006 is the one I'm after.
Just spotted on Peter's list the '98 Rotterdam show, so I might get hold of that one someday (is the complete show, Peter?). Then Bocholt is the only show missing in my collection I attended (altough I would love video's of these show I went to).
Wonder in what phase the Bocholt project currently is. I fear it might never materialize.

the first Bocholt clips

http://web.mac.com/kenlovelace/Web-Site ... 1_Ken.html
http://web.mac.com/kenlovelace/Web-Site/Robert.html
http://web.mac.com/kenlovelace/Web-Site/BB.html
http://web.mac.com/kenlovelace/Web-Site/Buck2.html
thrund

Postby Amadeu » Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:28 am

peterchecksfield wrote:
DanielWhite wrote:

Daniel

I believe he did a short Spanish tour in Oct or Nov 1990, but no-one seems to know the exact dates & locations.

It was a short Tour with Beach Boys (without Brtian Wilson).Seems Jerry appeared in some of them only.

TOUR W/BEACH BOYS:

05.10.90.Oviedo,Spain.
07.10.90.Valencia,Spain
09.10.90.Madrid.Spain. Jerry didnt appear
??.10.90.Barcelona,Spain. """""" """"" """"
Amadeu

Postby Amadeu » Mon Mar 24, 2008 12:38 am

10.7.93: Lacoruna, Spain

This concert(a three days festival) was filmed by Spanish TV and appeared people like: Bo Diddley,Chuck Berry, James Brown,Bob Dylan,Eric Burdon..

The JLL Show only was 30 minutes because Jerry had problems with a cameras of spanish tv and he finished kicking it. Then the people booed him and TheKiller had to leave the stage

P.D: I havent seen the video from this concert
Amadeu

Postby Key_Okuna » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:28 am

JerryLeeJnr wrote:The JLL Show only was 30 minutes because Jerry had problems with a cameras of spanish tv and he finished kicking it. Then the people booed him and TheKiller had to leave the stage

P.D: I havent seen the video from this concert

LOL, maybe the spanish yellow press?
Key_Okuna

Postby Tumppi » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:56 am

When Jerry Lee visited Finland in 1990 or 1991 some local radio station possibly recorded some of his concerts. I havent heard those recordings, but I remember i found some old program info from internet while ago.

I remember clearly when finnish Eurovision Song Contest pruning came from finnish TV in 1991 Jerry Lee Lewis was supposed to perform on broadcast. He didn't appear on the stage of Turku Typhoon Hall at all that evening...
Tumppi

Postby Rocker » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:40 am

JerryLeeJnr wrote:
peterchecksfield wrote:
DanielWhite wrote:

Daniel

It was a short Tour with Beach Boys (without Brtian Wilson).Seems Jerry appeared in some of them only.

TOUR W/BEACH BOYS:

05.10.90.Oviedo,Spain.
07.10.90.Valencia,Spain

OMG why have I never heard about this? The Beach Boys are my favorite band and I always wondered if Jerry ever met with them.
Rocker

Postby Amadeu » Mon Mar 24, 2008 1:42 pm

Rocker wrote:
JerryLeeJnr wrote:
peterchecksfield wrote:
DanielWhite wrote:

Daniel

TOUR W/BEACH BOYS:

05.10.90.Oviedo,Spain.
07.10.90.Valencia,Spain

OMG why have I never heard about this? The Beach Boys are my favorite band and I always wondered if Jerry ever met with them.

Accordint tho the press, It was a disaster Tour.Beach Boys without Wilson Brothers are not the same and people were very dissapointed.And Jerry didnt appear in all the shows leaving many people angry without be able to see TheKiller
Amadeu

Postby Rocker » Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:16 pm

JerryLeeJnr wrote:
Rocker wrote:
JerryLeeJnr wrote:
peterchecksfield wrote:
DanielWhite wrote:

Daniel

TOUR W/BEACH BOYS:

05.10.90.Oviedo,Spain.
07.10.90.Valencia,Spain

Accordint tho the press, It was a disaster Tour.Beach Boys without Wilson Brothers are not the same and people were very dissapointed.And Jerry didnt appear in all the shows leaving many people angry without be able to see TheKiller

Wasn't Carl (Wilson) on this tour?
Rocker

Postby Amadeu » Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:52 pm

I dont know if this is a Lost Show but beetwen my videos (many of them still old VHS) have found a clip(4 minutes), only one song (Memphis,Tennesse) from a private show on The Ritz,NY(1988).Bad quality video but good audio.
Amadeu

Postby peterchecksfield » Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:54 pm

JerryLeeJnr wrote:I dont know if this is a Lost Show but beetwen my videos (many of them still old VHS) have found a clip(4 minutes), only one song (Memphis,Tennesse) from a private show on The Ritz,NY(1988).Bad quality video but good audio.

This is from the movie premiere party for GBOF on 21st June 1989. I have about 14 minutes on audio, but I don't think it's the complete performance.
peterchecksfield

PreviousNext

Return to Archive