Jerry's laziest year?

Jerry's laziest year?

Postby Richard Harvey » Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:16 pm

I wonder which is Jerry's laziest year? The year with least shows or projects?
It might be an unfair question, seeing as people naturally slow down as they get older, but I wonder what his 'laziest' year was?
Possibly the early 2000s, when he did the odd gig along with three legend shows?
I dunno. Last year was pretty hectic for him though, at times.
--
Richard Harvey

Re: Jerry's laziest year?

Postby peterchecksfield » Tue Jul 24, 2007 4:33 pm

Richard Harvey wrote:I wonder which is Jerry's laziest year? The year with least shows or projects?
It might be an unfair question, seeing as people naturally slow down as they get older, but I wonder what his 'laziest' year was?
Possibly the early 2000s, when he did the odd gig along with three legend shows?
I dunno. Last year was pretty hectic for him though, at times.

I haven't seen the full schedule for 2001-2003, but I'm guessing those years too.
peterchecksfield

Postby Richard Harvey » Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:12 pm

I reckon he's a hard worker, as far as rock stars go anyway. Elvis made three movies a year all through the sixties, but they only took a few weeks to film each. He did virtually no live work.
And these days pop stars tend to release a record every few years, and tour only every few years.
Jerry Lee is 'old school'. I bet there hasn't been a year since 1957 when he hasn't toured somewhere.
And as far as older Jerry Lee, I think we should be glad he's still touring. Anything after retirement age is a bonus I reckon!
--
Richard Harvey

Postby ChrisdeB » Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:07 pm

Richard Harvey wrote:I reckon he's a hard worker, as far as rock stars go anyway. Elvis made three movies a year all through the sixties, but they only took a few weeks to film each. He did virtually no live work.
And these days pop stars tend to release a record every few years, and tour only every few years.
Jerry Lee is 'old school'. I bet there hasn't been a year since 1957 when he hasn't toured somewhere.
And as far as older Jerry Lee, I think we should be glad he's still touring. Anything after retirement age is a bonus I reckon!

However, Jerry Lee tours more as a neccessity due to the lack of recording royalties he has recieved in the past. Lets hope LMS and the Time/Life set and legal dvds that have recently come hope readdress this matter
ChrisdeB

Postby peterchecksfield » Tue Jul 24, 2007 11:15 pm

Richard Harvey wrote: I bet there hasn't been a year since 1957 when he hasn't toured somewhere.

I doubt if there's been many times when Jerry hasn't done a gig in any month! The same with Bo Diddley, Chuck Berry & B.B. King of course.
peterchecksfield

Postby Richard Harvey » Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:27 am

peterchecksfield wrote:been many times when Jerry hasn't done a gig in any month! The same with Bo Diddley, Chuck Berry & B.B. King of course.

The old way. As I say, groups now don't tour like that at all!
--
Richard Harvey

Postby Brother Davies » Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:14 pm

I doubt there are many DAYS recently when the Suave one hasn't done a gig!

Bro'

Still trying to summon up enough courage to walk into Jurys hotel Bristol and play that white baby grand!
Brother Davies

Postby Perk » Wed Jul 25, 2007 7:05 pm

I guess 1959 & 1981 could be contenders too! But probably the early years of 2000 wins!

Perk
Perk

Postby PeterC » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:01 pm

Richard Harvey wrote:I wonder which is Jerry's laziest year? The year with least shows or projects?

PeterC

Postby Rocky » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:12 am

I think it's safe to say 2012 at this point of the game. 1 show in nine months and no sign of any future shows at this date. Also Perk, why do you think 1959 was a slow year. Although the money was down he was booked regularly. 1960 was much slower than 1959. He was booked solid in 59.
Rocky

Postby bailbath » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:45 am

A bit unfair as he has had broke leg and ribs. A lot of 76 year olds don't recover from stuff like that.
Ian
bailbath

Site Admin

Postby PeterC » Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:29 am

As Paul (Rocky) pointed out, there doesn't seem to be any more shows on the horizon, despite Jerry apparently fully recovering.
PeterC

Postby wolfgangguhl » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:41 am

bailbath wrote:A bit unfair as he has had broke leg and ribs. A lot of 76 year olds don't recover from stuff like that.
Ian

That's nonsense.
wolfgangguhl

Postby wolfgangguhl » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:43 am

PeterC wrote:As Paul (Rocky) pointed out, there doesn't seem to be any more shows on the horizon, despite Jerry apparently fully recovering.

His band members claim that there are shows in California in October, but nobody seems to be able to ask them for the concrete dates.
wolfgangguhl

Postby PeterC » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:46 am

wolfgangguhl wrote:
PeterC wrote:As Paul (Rocky) pointed out, there doesn't seem to be any more shows on the horizon, despite Jerry apparently fully recovering.

His band members claim that there are shows in California in October, but nobody seems to be able to ask them for the concrete dates.

Have you asked Peter Hayman?
PeterC

Next

Return to Archive